1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dwarf Artisan Leveling

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Amikae, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Amikae

Amikae User

I'm looking for advice on solo leveling artisan at 20+. Mainly should I be going for blunt/shield or pole?Light or heavy armor? And just any general tips would be great! I'm not going to have any boxed buffer with me, pure solo.

2. DemiGoth

DemiGoth User

Dwarf is hard to solo and if you REALLY want to solo you should hunt green mobs here and there. With that, going solo means you MUST go with blunt/shield for sure to stun mobs that have annoying DPS/debuffs (Monster Eyes come to mind).

Also best to get heavy over light. I asked in clan if it's possible to make the old 'evasion tank' now (had my doubts up front), but the clan replied that we're playing C1 with current L2 knowledge (evasion tanks was nerfed with start C3 iirc). So no light armor with maxed out DEX to evade most of the damage...

Also a pro-tip to a solo dorf - EVERYONE WILL THINK YOU'RE A BOT! So when you see someone with a boxed buffer ask for buffs to prove everyone wrong and you're a life player (and will also help you level faster :p )

3. Amikae

Amikae User

Sadly this is the reality for people who don't box. Nothing else I can do, the clan needs a crafter.

Thanks a lot for the info.

I'm guessing not buying a D Grade Blunt will make things even harder. Which means I must buy one. Oh well...

4. DemiGoth

DemiGoth User

It almost sounds like you're into making a WS but don't want to. If that's the case, best stop now and pass the 'duty' on to an other clannie. Dwarfs need a lot of love to level up and certainly past 30...

D-grade will make things a lot easier for sure. Though I've used a Great Spear (top NG) up to 25 when I could replace it with a Trident (low-D). Then again, I have a buffer around to help me. I guess in your case a top-NP blunt would do very well up to 28 or so (and then you get the golem as support DD)

5. Apophis

Apophis User

I would make a few days pause, craft SSD/BSSD as a lunatic until I have moeny for best D grade blunt. After that I would lvl to 25, get the heavy armor from the quest and continue my journey.

6. Rytfield

Rytfield User

Heavy with blunt and shield. Mostly wat DemiGoth already said. Also, don't forget that you'll get Mechanic Golem on lvl 28 (if im not mistaken).

On a different note... If you're in a clan and you're the clan crafter (just asuming here), how come you don't get any support? Be it either party or buffs =x

7. Amikae

Amikae User

It's a casual clan so it's a bit unfair for them. I mean I could turn out to be a really useful crafter OR I could receive all the support and then vanish. I mean I can't blame them.

Right now people are thinking of their leveling, of what to buy next. They're not thinking about weather or not they will get to craft theyr C Grade items for much cheaper. It's still early anyway. Most people are around 25 at the moment.

I've started selling SSD. Trying to figure out how much to spend on a BSSD recipe. Haven't seen one so far on sale.

8. Rytfield

Rytfield User

Not more than 15k