1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harrassed by a player GoodLuckNoob

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ajahajah, Jan 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajahajah

ajahajah User

I got harraased by a player while playing. He came to me with lots of aggro mobs and then disconnect. The mobs switched targets to me. I tried to run but he windwalked and stunned me so I froze.

He did this a few times trying to get me killed so that i might drop my weapon until I decided to leave the ground. What a horrible experience for such ethics among the player community. Will GM take such control over this bad players? I am generally okay if there are pkers but killing players using such exploit is not the right thing to do.

[​IMG]

TheBlinkman likes this.
  2. DIL

DIL Модератор 4Game Global moderator

This is not exploit or something that has to be controlled by GMs. This is Classic.

3. Electroism

Electroism User

That ******* try to do the same **** to me too lol. Lucky I don't trust dwarves/orc mystic when I see them runnig at me with a train lol.

4. bandaq

bandaq User

Since when something like this in any game would not be an exploit? It's not using skills like stun, it's abusing game system and logging out when you should not be able to do that, while intending to benefit. What classic has to do with nonsense like this?

This sounds like something that should be in this list : https://eu.4game.com/l2eu-cases/

TheBlinkman, Bananadrama and Naralein like this.
  5. DIL

Character cannot log out while in combat mode. Logging out in flagged stance is not considered an exploit.

6. Dorfa

Dorfa User

Tip for you : Get better windwalk and stop not giving a **** about ppl around you, maybe it will be harder for them to stun you

PS : I also dislike how ppl always relog as they want because it ruins game experience horribly (i dont mind getting killed by pulled mobs, just hate idea of every1 just leaving some world instantly). They could have make logging off like its made in WoW (10 sec on your butt to relog)

Naralein likes this.
  7. Naralein

Naralein User

Maybe a bow helps. When he try this a few times and you see him coming, attack the player and he is in combat mode and can't log out (but still disconnect).

You know that's not true, because you can force a disconnect. In my view this is an abuse of game mechanics and earns a ban.

8. DIL

Banning players for forced disconnects is inacceptable.

9. Naralein

Naralein User

Surprise, surprise!

But why? It's like bug using. It should be on the list!

Maybe a misunderstanding: a forced disconnect is not the same like to force a disconnect ;)

10. xHaseo

xHaseo User

Actually,and sadly,you can't do anything about it. It's not a bug like the one on the live server with celestial where you are suppose to get the debuff RIGHT AFTER you use the skill,but instead you get it AFTER THE END of the debuff,so you can use 2x celestials...that's "bannable offensive" since it's bug abuse.
    In the other hand this is not. Either the force log out or the log out after training are both 'working as intended',since as far as you are not engaged in combat,you can restart without problems,it's not up to the fact you've 1 or 100 mobs on ur back,it's up to the fact mobs are slow and cannot hit you...this is more or less the same as a Treasure Hunter or Plains Walker making a train and using Fake Death next to you...with the difference they use a skill to lose the aggro.
    Just be carefull when you see dwarfs and orcs near you 'coz they may try to stun and kill you,it happened to me too,once with an orc,luckly mob dps was low,and 2 players next to me killed the orc,so i got saved...the other time i hitted a mob,and a dwarf kept me stunned 'till i died.
    But i'm fine with it,i knew this would happen...and anyway there is something called KARMA,which will make me able to stun players asap i hit level 34.Yet i miss 5 levels but...revenge oh sweet revenge ;)

11. -Eogh

-Eogh User

Nothing should be a bannable offense except for using hacks.
    Threatening players with bans because they exploit a mistake that the developers made, is like calling the police on someone who keeps on making fun of you because you said something incredibly stupid. If anything, it should put pressure on the developers to fix their **** faster.

Needless to say, a lot of people will say that logging off with a train of mobs to get someone killed is not an exploit. They will say that because they either feel that removing this mechanic will take away from the l2 classic experience, or because they themselves use this / find joy in doing it.
    At the end of the day, in no game whatsoever, should there be a mechanic which allows you to get any player killed with no consequence for yourself. That is the reason why we have the Karma system (Reputation system now). Because getting someone killed / killing someone, needs to have consequences.

These same players that tell everyone who complains of this to "grow a pair of balls", will be the ones who complain when the server dies out.

bagindawud, Naralein and Bananadrama like this.
  12. ajahajah

ajahajah User

This would be considered exploit is because doing a disconnect of the game should not be used with an agenda of killing another player. The function of disconnecting from the game is to stop playing and leave. Otherwise, i suggest the developers to rename the button to "Kill Innocent Players without flagging Red".

I'm not saying that classic is not hardcore. In fact, I find that the mechanics of the game are quite balanced and each class has a specific role to play. However, to use a combination of disconnect and stun to achieve something else (kill another player) is not right. L2 already has a pk system in place for pkers. To achieve pk (kill a player) without going through the pk system is an exploit. The reason why victim players are not satisfied with the outcome is because the penalty of pking (being red) is not delivered. If the player who disconnects, gets red for kill the player (via the mobs) then I would then say it is logical and fair.

Of course there is the combat system where it disallows the player to disconnect while in combat. However, the problem lies when the player gets out of combat system even when the aggro mobs are still chasing the player. If the player is not able to get out of combat (and disconnect) while still being chased, then I think this would technically solve such a loophole.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    Dorfa and Bananadrama like this.
  13. bandaq

bandaq User

Classic is classic, i understand there is stun, fake death etc to kill other people using mobs which is fair enough, even though it's not a smart idea from devs. On the other hand re-log with mobs when you log in again and start stunning someone right away or help mobs in any other way with intentions to benefit out of it looks exactly like an exploit to me

Dorfa and Bananadrama like this.
  14. Naralein

Naralein User

It is not a bug.

To bring monsters into town is also not a bug, but it is forbidden and is punished with ban (although no one loses exp or items) ;)

15. xHaseo

xHaseo User

It is a bug.The skill was fixxed so that it will cast the debuff as soon as you cast it,the same as the Celestial Aegis from Iss enchanters.But the update after,poof,broken again! Check around into the forum and you'll see that's actually a BUG :)

About the mobs into town,the NPC guards at the gate are/were suppose to kill on sight mobs and PKs...you know,actually those guards are not there just to allow RU bots to auto-delevel XD

16. Ombre de Lune

Ombre de Lune User

the npc at the gates kill only PKs, not mobs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.