1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help choosing a class for a support main

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Solari, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Solari

Solari User

So I kind of started leveling an SE, got to level 12 and now I am reading all the disscusions on topic starting to have doubts whether I should reroll or go forward.

Basically I want to play a support main with a focus of PvP in parties(I don't think supports can do much solo anyway, right?). Would SE fit that role, or would EE or even orcs be better for that? Or maybe there are even better support classes that I should look at?

2. killASH

killASH Banned

Better go SE then EE if u dont have cp belive me. Noone will want u as EE early on beacuse no empower.

3. Solari

Solari User

But would EE be better at PvP later on? Especially at healing?

4. Apophis

Apophis User

Yes, EE would be better later on, but it will take a long way until you reach that point.

5. Solari

Solari User

How long would that be in levels?

It's just that I don't want to put that much time into it, only to find out that my support character is only good at being a second window.

And what about Orcs? How do they compare to SE\EE in terms of PvP and overall?

6. Apophis

Apophis User

Each support class has it's own pluses and minuses, but one thing every veteran player will point out is that "A live support is always better than a box one". Ofc on PvE there are some players that prefer to box to avoid wasting time searching for party or for an increased chance of getting the drop, but in PvP, boxes are almost useless.

7. Solari

Solari User

Well, I guess I should put my question this way: "Would you want an SE over EE\BS\WC in your theoretical PVP party?".

8. Apophis

Apophis User

Depends on party setup (mages/archers/fighters), but usually I prefer EE over SE (in case of mages you need SE for Empower), and I also have a Bishop in party (thinking about the future Bishop will be main healer due to third class balance life so I can't compare it with SE/EE).

9. Solari

Solari User

Bishop doesn't have much control though, does he?

10. Omegon

Omegon User

warlord

11. Solari

Solari User

Oh well, I guess I'll just stick to the SE then and hope I don't regret it. Thanks for all the advices!

12. killASH

killASH Banned

You wont. After 25 u wont have problems finding party

13. Sweex

Sweex User

If you really want to make a support class and want to be relevant for PvP (aka not just buff and then watch fight and give some not so effective heals) I suggest you go for bishop (human healer).

But you'll need a CP for this (pretty sure it wouldn't be hard to find though, watch the recruitment forum). Unless you farm undead mobs but I don't know how effective this is in classic (anyone help here?)

Second option is as omegon suggested, to play tank (warlord).

If you really want to stick with SE or EE

http://lineage.pmfun.com/?action=list&what=skillcompare&button=Show&c1=43&c2=30&hide=on&x=16&y=19

This websites helps you compare buffs

Basically what an EE brings more to the table than SE:

Clarity (lvl 58 i think) --> less mana comsuption
    Party recall (lvl 48): Instant party teleport = very good for pvp or if your whole party is dieing for whatever reason
    Prophecy of water (lvl 78?) --> best prophecy buff for mages but lets be honest, you won't be lvl 78 before a long long long long time (2 years if you play 6 hours a day??? some others might give you a better estimate)
    BUT YOU DONT HAVE EMPOWER, and you need empower for a mage party or if you want to duo/trio with some mages. Will be much easier to find parties with SE than with EE. You'll have to watch how many people duo box (mage + SE) to see how easy you'll find groups.

Otherwise there is always the orc buffer, buffs whole party and COV (chant of victory - similar to Prophecy of water / wind but useful both for mages and archers). But you'd have to play an ugly orc =D

14. Solari

Solari User

15. Apophis

Apophis User

It's not that accurate anymore, as it was built on previous versions of the original L2, but you can make an overall ideea how each class will play later on.