1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is sorc any good?

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by mattz, Jan 3, 2016.

1. mattz

mattz User

any good in 1.5, 2.0?

2. IzalithSky

IzalithSky User

Sorc is good. It's not OP Imba xXx777pvpowner777xXx, but it's fine.
    You may have noticed sorc has fewer abilities than the other mages. Sorc also has average stats. So you may ask what's the compensation for that.
    1. Sorc's advantage lies not within class' abilities but in environment. You may want to check an amount of mobs with weakness to fire. There are plenty of them. There are next to none when it comes to water weakness and fewer amount of mobs with other weaknesses.
    2. On top of that sorc got non-elemental nukes: aura burn and aura bolt (SpS do too).
    3. Sorc gets AoE earlier than the other mages (advantage in AoE farming) + sorc got non target blazing circle (tactical advantage).
    4. Bonus: Sorc have (or at least used to have) highest level on Concetration buff.
    So in the end it's fine class. Not as bad as one might think.

3. xHaseo

xHaseo User

Quite a useless question.Any class is usefull or good sometimes. Sorcers are the best mages to AOE since they got more AOE skills (like 4/5 skills).
    Sorcers are more balanced,medium on either cast,m.atk and crt rate compared to the others.
    Anyway give a look to the skills they will get in the 2.0 patch (vortex+slug,arcane power,mana barrier) and choose if you're not sure which mage to use :D sorceres are good anyway (imho)

4. mattz

mattz User

so i should have made sh instead, now only necro seems to be a good choice, having advantage of aoe at earlier lvls means nothing me.

5. IzalithSky

IzalithSky User

Absence of nukes at earlier lvls, servitor heal, servitor buffs and money one have to pay for cursed bones isn't cool too. :)

6. oldmofo

oldmofo User

any good :)

Opice likes this.
  7. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

Here's the thing: sorcerer is a mage, making it a top 7, if not top 4 for PvP, and definitely top 4 for PvE.

He has hands down the best AoE dps in the game, but needs a tank and, obviously, a spot for that, which may not always be possible.

I'd put him on #3 for single target PvE. He has good (equal to others) nuke, that a lot of monsters are weak to, and BtM1, which, while weaker than SH's/necro's is still way better that SpS's regen buff.

He has aura burn and cancel for pvp.

IzalithSky likes this.
  8. IzalithSky

IzalithSky User

I wonder if Aura Flare does increases target's magic resistance as before (or was it decreasing caster's m.atk). If not it's basicaly a shotgund. :D

9. mattz

mattz User

I see.

10. xHaseo

xHaseo User

11. IzalithSky

IzalithSky User

Yeah, I saw that. But can we trust the wiki ? (e.g. levels at which skills are learned for 1st profession are wrong)