1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stun skills land 99%

Discussion in 'Archive' started by gino2323, Jan 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gino2323

gino2323 User

Dear Developer/community,

I was wondering if something will be done about stun skills??
    In pve/pvp players can keep you stunlocked, it lands 99% of the time.
    Players are even using stun skills on other players while farming,in the hope they will drop stuff when a mob does a last hit on a player.

Coide likes this.
  2. Che2n

Che2n User

That depends greatly on level.

3. gino2323

gino2323 User

Stun attack should never land 99% of the time, no matter the level difference.

40% chance would be more than enough.

4. Che2n

Che2n User

All stuns are different.

Stun shot can't land as often as Shield slam or Hammer crush, for obvious reasons.

If one is 3-4 lvls above you then your stuns lands much less than 40%.

5. Relentless

Relentless User

Look at the other post in guides or whatever. All stuns are 90% on equal level - only bad land rate is when there is 8 levels difference. Stun did not used to be this bad - it's ******ed as it is now.

6. PorkNails

PorkNails User

Stun is working fine. No nerfs, play smart.

7. gino2323

gino2323 User

yea ofcourse against stun shot from archers u can play smart ;) i bet you are one of the stun users.
    Lets be honest it lands 2 often.

8. Csenky

Csenky User

I'd be okay with it, if nukers could start with cancel/silence/fear etc on neutral (non-pvp status aka white named) players. But afaik, the stun comes before they get pink. It still could be fine, if stun wasn't that incredibly long, I mean 8 seconds? Considering the classes that has stun, which one can't **** a nuker in 8 seconds?

Bananadrama likes this.
  9. corvik

corvik User

10. eXistenZ _

eXistenZ _ User

Stun is working like always. The role of stun in l2 is what it is. There is nothing to fix here. If they change this they should change also the root, the sleep and every other cc. to land "sometimes", then we will have a different game

EU-Lale and magnusmt like this.
  11. PorkNails

PorkNails User

I don't have an archer. But do you know what I do like to bring along? A healer.
    There are buffs that increase stun resistance, regardless if you don't have the tools to counter an archer, why engage?

12. Handral

Handral User

you dont engage the archers, or stunners. they stun you while you are white... which part you cannot comprehend with? random dude runs near you, stuns you permanently until you die from a mob, and picks up your loot. if you bring a healer, he stuns the healer too. you can basically permastun 4 characters with one. any time. for several minutes.

13. PorkNails

PorkNails User

In those situations I use a magical power that was named "Chat" and ask for the help of nearby people to remove the stunner from that place. So far I have died exactly 0 times to stunners and for a even more outrageous fact I have stunned exactly 0 people. So far.

14. Handral

Handral User

depends on your class. i would like to see you tank the mob for half an hour with a shaman for example which class is absolutely bugged. skills dont work, which work heal and deal the wrong (less) damage, and you wear robes/light armor and you have less hp than regular people and also nobody wants to party with you because you dont get decent buffs until lvl 40+. the time you type in help, you are on half hp. and nobody notices since shout is full with trade, and normal talk is too far away from anyone who would be able to help... yeah i got killed by permastunners twice. didnt drop anything important, so im lucky. but still. this is simply bad game design. (note that i play eve online as well, and there you are way more free than here. you can do absolutely anything. but there you also have a solution to things which work. for example community. not like here. this server is basically 40% boxbuffers 25% bots, and 35% players. and the entire server has around 4000 players. eve has 35000+ at once on one server.)

15. Solari

Solari User

So what you are saying is that you've picked a wrong game to play in L2 and now everyone is to blame for it? Also, it's really amusing to see you complain about dualboxing, when in EVE mining\trading\PI\boosting alts are everywhere, and there were even more of them before CCP banned all ISBoxer and other input broadcasting programs. Plus, you should probably mention the everpresent russians with their bot herding and RMT empire. Yet you make it sound like it's a heaven on Earth. Yes, it's a very good and unique game but comparing it's to L2 is apples to oranges.

As for the stuns, I honestly didn't know roots can't be cast on white players. That actually sucks. I don't see any real reason why it should be different from stuns in that regard.

16. Handral

Handral User

complain? you still cant read it seems. i stated facts. stun is totally bugged. on official servers (yes NCSOFT) we had various versions of stun. and never like this. a version was like stun worked 40% of the time. the other worked 90% of the time, but when you took damage, stun time was reduced greatly. a third version attracted mobs to attack you. also before we had CP in the game it was okay, since you could lasthit your target by mistake too. right now your own CP works aganist you, the stun works 100% the time, no stun time reduction and no agro either. and all you could pick out of my writings that dualbox sucks when you are a freaking buffer? yes it sucks. you are simply not needed anywhere, so you are forced to play alone in a bugged enviroment where you can be griefed out of all your stuff any time. and you come up with the idea of screaming for help while you are paper thin? makes sense... please grow up really. the stun grief is not only one bug. its a collection of bugs which makes solo, and buffer character's life even more difficult than any other class. Especially wen not even one of the Damage over time, and heal over time skills work as intended. And just for your point. eve online even when you have 300000 accounts and characters you are not in any kind of advantage compared to anyone, and you dont make the game unplayable for anyone. you know why? because the skills and modules are actually work. and in many cases you can play the game free. So... now think a bit. which one is better? playing a game wihich works for free, or to be forced to pay for a third rate cracked russian server where basically multiple classes are unplayable with bots around which are actually ruining the gameplay? think a bit. thanks.

17. Omegon

Omegon User

In fact - it is not that bugged. It brings at least some balance in this game of mages.
    Without a good way to shut up the mages melee and archer classes would be preety much dead. On 52+lvl if you don't stunn a mage - he'll kill you with 3 - 4 nukes ( around 3 seconds ) from 900 range ( even with good jewellery and sws buffs on ). With a good chance of stun you can shut him up and kill him. Give stun a 40% landrate - mage will get a lvl 3 stun resist, will tank out all your dps with a battle heal and a smile, and then he will kill you in 4 nukes. Or you will kill yourself from his freezing/blazing skin. Or fear your *** into agro monster and strip you off your gear.

Now mages must be more careful. Or they get stunned. And die. Not so allmighty anymore.

Want protection from stunners ? Do not lvl up alone. Do not pull trains unguarded, have a healer and a mage to guard you, or your own stunner.
    It's a mmorpg, a hardcore one. Wanna go lvl up alone or smth - you will end up *****, robbed and killed. No butterflies and bunnies here. Just a grimdark eternal war.
    See anyone abusing the stunrates - stop whining you noobs and think about countermeasures.
    You just wait and see that "fear" or "horror". Or meet a highlvl warlord. You'll think yourself that "stun" mechanics is quite balanced and good.
    And wait for castles to be taken - it's so much fun fighting an enemy that is spamming QHP.

Nop.
    All stunns are around 92% landrate on skill lvl +5. ( For exsample warlord lvls up his aoe ranged stun every 4 lvls starting from 42, so for 45 lvl wl "92% landrate" target will be 47 lvl, but for 46 wl that would be 51 lvl target )
    Yes, Shield slam Hammer crush thunder storm, stunn shot, thunder spear, all have 92% landrate for every target that is up to 5 lvls higher than you.

Note that some classes have their stunn skills lvled up later on lvl progression, Warcryers and overlords get hammer crush only on 46, so they can stunn ppl with 92% probability only if target is same lvl as them, or less.

Oh, yes, warlord's aor stunns are 92% too. Be afraid of warlords, be very afraid, lol.

Cute, but nuker can be spamhealed by a bishop, and outdamaging a bishop is not that simple, also stun can be interrupted by ANY damage. But Silence and fear or horror that cant' be removed by damage. More than that - they cannot be removed AT ALL. There is no way right now in this game to remove 1 minute silence, 2 min magic backfire and 10 second of fear. ( you can remove silence and mbf with lvl3 core ring, but not fear, lol i have one on ru servers, and tested that, but how much time will it take to make one here ? )

it's not rare to stun an enemy, stun him again hoping for a stunlock, but instead you fail to stun him and also the damage removes previous stun.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    Zarrakash and Nyweris like this.
  18. Handral

Handral User

it does not work like that here. if you stun a stunned target you dont cancel the stun on this server. tested it. also damage does not remove stun either. also archers shoot from longer distances than mages, and archers have more hp than mages. also they can be healed just like a mage.

19. Omegon

Omegon User

CAN I HAS the video of that test. As a 71 lvl warlord on RU servers myself i am preety sure damage DOES cancel the stun. Or i would be killing much more ppl on the sieges than i do normally. Those annoying mages keep breaking the stunlocks whith their aoe.

Aaaand they don't
    mages on 1 - 19 has 600 range nukes
    mages on 20 - 39 get 750 range nukes
    mages on 40+ get 900 range nukes.
    same for archers. Bow's basic attack range is 600, they get +150 range passive skill on 20 and 40 lvl.

Nop. Most archers get +str - cons tatooes. And most of them are quite extreme. Liek -15 cons + 12 str, so lvl 40 archer has ~ 1400 hp.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  20. Handral

Handral User

So you are talking about different server. My shaman can diuble or triple stun anyone and any mod... no problem. Im farming like that since no dot is working on lvl 29 at all. My case is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.