1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me choose the right bow to farm adenna until 40.

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by MassAuthority, Jan 6, 2016.

1. MassAuthority

MassAuthority User

At the moment I am 28 with Elven bow and I am fine as it is. However I am not sure whether I should stick to Elven until 40 since it uses 1SSD or upgrade it to Gastraphetes with +27 Pattk but 2SSD. Another thing I could do is farm as much as possible with Elven and get the Light Crowssbow betweem 30-35.

For the record, I am going to be Dagger post-40 so it is very crusial I pick the most common-sense bow to farm for my Top D/C when I reach 40, depending on many factors.

2. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

Pick a Very Slow Bow for farming purposes... has the same "arrows shot per time" but with higher damage -> less soulshots over time. (but less kiting potential, you will have to decide based on your play style).
    I'd go for Reinforced Long Bow.

If you want Slow bows, I'd stay with the Elven, since you are getting +27p.atk increase (about 25%), for a double increase in cost.

3. HejkaKrejzole

HejkaKrejzole Banned

Yeah Reinforced Long Bow all the way. I was always skipping from nograde to gastraphetes since it had almot same dps as reinforced long bow, but used less soulshots. Now with soulshot changes RLG is the way to go since they both use 2ssd and very slow= you use less soulshots in party. Light crossbow is too expensive to even consider it. You will spend 1 week buying shafts since there aren`t many on market and will still end up paying minimum 2.5m for all mats for craft. Better use this time to get exp than sit in town ;]

4. Naphoc

Naphoc User

If you're interested in the bleeding edge economy option using soulshots, elven bow / dark elven bow is the way to go (105 p.atk * STR multiplier + passives, at 1 soulshot).
    The Reinforced Longbow isn't too far behind though (179 p.atk * STR multiplier + passives, at 2 soulshots).

You could however argue that the absolutely most economical approach would be the Light Crossbow (or even Reinforced Longbow) without shots, and instead using them only when in dire need.

5. wewdome

wewdome User

Longbow is the absolute best at adena farm. U get 114 p attack with very slow attack speed and only 1 shot. All this below 500k on the market. The trick is that it is not very good at kiting and you want to kill weaker white/green mobs all the time. IMO totally worth the trade-off.

Nyweris likes this.
  6. Richpwnz

Richpwnz User

Ditch the bow idea, get a cursed maingauche that does 147 damage per second bleed on crit with 90% landrate, enjoy killing stuff twice as fast without ss, oh and you don't need to restock arrows every few hours

7. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

I know about it, and it sounds very good in theory, but I see a lot of people selling their CMGs for some reason. The top level rogue in our clan bought a CMG from the shop one evening, and the next morning he was already selling it on MDT for 1.3kk ...

8. Nyweris

Nyweris User

I am amazed you guys solved bow problem here! Amazing¬! For dat I will tell you why cmg's are bad... You need focus+heal(alive!) As you get lots of dmg and you need to run to each mob!

9. Richpwnz

Richpwnz User

You shouldn't be playing dagger class without at least a boxed buffer let alone no party

Not much point investing in a bow when CMG is still effective up to 45

10. wewdome

wewdome User

It is effective...
    If u kill x4 mobs with party full of other cmgs :D

Nyweris likes this.