1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is the worst combination of classical and newer L2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bathrobehero, Jan 6, 2016.

1. bathrobehero

bathrobehero User

Vampiric rage: just lol, nothing classic about it
    Stunning unflagged players: as utterly nonsensical as it is, it wouldn't be completely broken IF skill cooldown wouldn't be 25% shorter since Gracia Final. As it is you can permastun people as soon as you learn your stun without risking to PK as you do no damage with your basic blunt.
    Logging out while flagged: no explanation needed why that's stupid.
    Logging out even in combat with a script/bot that logs onto you so your char disconnects whatever you were doing while basically every other MMO have a solution to this for a long time now.
    PK Scrolls: yeah, hardcore.
    The custom XP curve also doesn't make much sense, I mean throwing a huge wall in front of players around level 30 in order to increase the lifespan of the game seems desperate.

Most existing skills are also from newer chronicles (no self recharge for elders, tyrant totems are fist exclusive, reduced critical chance on light armor mastery, and so on).

I know it's a rant but I expected so much more than a bunch of handpicked changes with zero consistency and balance, not to mention the bots, spammers, russians and the ban on US players.

Traygard and ValidUsername like this.
  2. HejkaKrejzole

HejkaKrejzole Banned

It`s not perfect, it have some serious issues (lol wit tatoos, lol stun, pk drop after 5kills, pk scrolls etc) but at least we have classic server and its mainly because innova bought license from ncsoft to run european server. So meanwhile Im pissed off about some features, Im kinda greatefull I dont need to play on some korean/russian server to get some old classic experience.

Peace

Apophis likes this.
  3. Nancie

Nancie User

Wow, another cry thread, surprise!

Im guessing you never actually played old l2 retail.

VR: Not sure havnt used yet.

Stun: it was always this way. Cry about it.
    Logging out while flagged: Always this way, just cant during combat
    Logging out in combat: always this way if you ctrl+alt+delete you l2 itll force log you out.. but it takes a bit, not safe
    pk scrolls.. i agree

Go play wow with the other guys making cry threads

4. Orcoso

Orcoso User

I guess it is pretty classic, since you could always use stun on unflagged players!
    That is mega classic! It is been like that forever
    Don't need a program or script, all you gotta do is open another client oO

5. xHaseo

xHaseo User

What's about vampiric? Haven't tried the 'classic' yet but,since fixxes of some stuffs (buffs) are from H5,i guess it heal archers and also nukers.Oh yeah,it's also a chance,is not 100%.

The stun on unflagged players is something you must live with,nothing to do :D

Log out while flagged? so? As far as you're not in combat mode :D

Log out in combat is not a script/bot,'force log out' always used to be a part of L2,lots of players used to force-log their account from an alt in order to avoid being trained or avoid PK/unwanted PVP :D

What i noticed is that they took some parts from random patches and mixed..for example :

Skills and toons are H5 like. Archers OP with skills,Daggers with hide,passive skills with H5 description...and lots of 'customized' skills like the ones of the duelist (range stun...seriously? was it really necessary? if back in the days players as DanielDefo could have used it they would have been god-like...but nvm)

XP system is most likely C3/C4...4% if you die from mobs,drop items,xp penalty based on char-mob level difference and not by char-char level,can get xp from RED mobs...even tho,the XP curve is kinda 'logical',you may blame it as much as you want,but right now some RU nolifers are already over 40-50+,w/o the XP curve they would probably have been 61+

As for the 'ban' of the US and the russians,i can't say a lot...just that Innova is a RU company mainly (if im not wrong...?)...so you think they would cut their own country out of their game? It's true that EU and RU servers are different,but since in the past the PL server failed they merged with EU,if Core will fail we'll most likely ends up merging with the RU...

6. Jujata

Jujata User

My guess is that you never played olc classic retail not him.

VR was nerfed around hellbound/GF
    Stun: as it is right now is GoD and later. From c1 to hellbound stun reuse was based on attack speed so you cant spam. I remember from c1 to c3 you could stun again a stuned target but the stun chacne was like 40% not like now 99%. From c4 i think, you can`t overstun already stuned char. Not sure does CON is still modifer for stun chance here but if so the stun chances work based on GoD char stats meaning on much more CON so the formula sees you as very CON nerfed character even if you are dwarf.

Bananadrama likes this.
  7. DemiGoth

DemiGoth User

Only thing I agree about are the PK scrolls - WHY ARE THEY HERE? Seen someone PK, get killed (by me, sadly no drop) and then use a scroll to reset karma to 7200 with next PK - WTF? That's not hardcore but CHICKEN!

About stun, all I can say is that it's always been like this. IMO things like root, sleep and other debuffs should land then as well on white players. If not, REMOVE THE DROP UNDER 5 PKs IF YOU'RE WHITE, much like it used to be - this only makes ppl grieve (yeah I do it as well as dwarf from time to time :D )

Coide likes this.
  8. blowmeaway

blowmeaway User

this is not a interlude **** custom serBer

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2016
  9. Apophis

Apophis User

The way PK system works now (at 6 pk you have like 7500 karma, and in a party you loose around 6 karma per mob) kinda justify the presence of those PK scrolls (they do not remove karma, just lower the pk count when you are white again) as I don't want to kill over 1000 mob just to get rid of that karma.

10. Coide

Coide User

Karma should be like in C1.. no way to reduce pk count but easy to reduce it. I remember in C1 you killed 1 person it was 240 karma. with 2 mobs clean. 2nd or 3rd pk 480 karma.. 4-6 mobs to reduce it.. and on and on until you get 10k karma for killing one person.. that way you can avoid *******s that pk all the time because they dont get penaly. lmao you even get more penalty being killed by a mob than being pk'd

Sirius92, DakhUzum, corvik and 3 others like this.
  11. blowmeaway

blowmeaway User

+1

12. Zarii

Zarii User

the logout in combat has nothing to do with bot or script, you just tab down to 4game window and click play, and it will crash your own client. Nothing illegal with that but annoying yes. Stunning white always been like this, learn to handle it i've yet to die by a stunner as it's quite obvius when they do so and can be avoided/they can be counter killed. VR is quite **** yes, it's really uselss and might be worth looking into as atm melee classes really struggle to level. What i will agree with though, is PK scrolls. This is STUPID as ****, because there is absolutely no drawback for pking people whatsoever and I agree this should be removed from the game completely.

Bananadrama likes this.
  13. Namus

Namus User

Perma stunning someone is the worst design decision made in an MMO. I don't mind getting stunned under a mob but getting stunlocked for indefinite amounts of time till i finally die to mob or attacker is just stupid.

DakhUzum likes this.
  14. Fatigue

Fatigue User

Worst combination? Is this a challenge? All things considered I think this is one of the best combination possible. It certainly brought back to life a dead game, didnt it?

Also, keep in mind Innova can't do **** about changing skills, that's only on the korean developers.Only thing they can do is ban the filthy bots/RMTers/spammers.

15. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

VR: back then it made melee actually viable. This version is a laugh.
    Stun: has always been like this ... except 100% land rate and 8 seconds duration. This is a serious **** up on NC's part.
    Log out while flagged: you stay flagged for two minutes. That is about 120x as long as you need to figure out who will be eating dirt at the end of the engagement.
    Log out while in combat: is actually nerfed here (thank you **** much, Innova), because you need to load Frost before you get DC'd. Without Frost you can disconnect literally the moment you alt+tab & click login.
    PK scrolls: ...no idea what the deal is. I don't make it a habbit to run around killing white people. Sin eater always worked good enough to clean the score after the occasional ****

Well, more like reanimated it, really.
    It did bring to life the worst in the community, however.
    Now everyone and their mother makes dwarf alts not to craft/spoil, but to prey on lone supports.
    No, those who get deterred by this wouldn't stay for long anyways, but it's still a ***** thing to do to someone, who, in all likelyhood, would risk the same death and drop to help a stranger.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2016
    Bananadrama likes this.
  16. bathrobehero

bathrobehero User

For people saying stun was always like this, it wasn't. 25% lower skill cooldown without buffs since GF (you needed a **** ton of atk.speed with blunt for 25% CD pre-GF) and ~95% success rate at the same time is just laughably broken. Stun (debuff) also used to have a chance to disappear when you received another stun or crit before it ended. Now it seems it can't be interrupted and always lasts for the whole duration.

Force logout: sure, you can just hit play again but that takes a while because Frost/L2 have to load. But I know there are people who can instantly DC just before they die with a script or bot or whatever. Characters should remain ingame for like 10-20 seconds in case of a forced DC, but who am I kidding, that's never going to happen.

It might have brought it back from the dead but it's missing an arm and leg and it has two heads while it's completely braindead. But it smells like classic L2, so it must be classic L2, right?...
    I think most old school players playing classic do so mostly because of nostalgia even if they refuse to admit it.

That's just sad then because they certainly don't care about bots and spammers so essentially they don't do anything other than counting money.

Anyway, I know I'm ranting/crying but I love L2 (especially C5), this is my favourite game ever and I wanted this to be great so much but as it stands, it's zero fun and I find it hard to put in the hours necessary when I have zero fun due to everything being screwed up. If it was really a remake of old, classical L2 in the new client and not a gimped modern L2 with inconsistent, handpicked changes then it would be infinitely better.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2016
  17. ZiggyStardust

ZiggyStardust User

people should forget what was...it's not old L2, it's L2C, totally (well, remade) new game. Stunning non flagged players is ********...do you know how many dorfs making profit by stunning lowbies and allowing them to die from mobs? sad. PK system is ****. Class balance is total nonsense. Sadly it looks that NC is not very capable of developing good game...just addictive. Happily they don't develop GW2.

18. Che2n

Che2n User

It's still a custom server though.

19. [A]KaEL

[A]KaEL User

Indeed those are usually a lot better :)

20. Yunalesca

Yunalesca User

Old gladiator was hiting much harder coz sonic focus had diferent dmg values and wasnt capped on skills. TSS gets 30% max dmg, old days was 75%(+?) dmg aditionally. So this ranged stun is just a trade off (+ hex on triple slash)