1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Support Classes in Demand: Prophet vs. Bishop vs. EE vs. SE vs. Warcryer

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by DontTouchMe, Jan 9, 2016.

1. DontTouchMe

DontTouchMe User

Hey there,

I was thinking about starting on the L2 Classic EU Server and since I always enjoyed playing supportive chars, (if I am going to start here) I will create one.

Now since group play is supporters bread and butter, I was asking myself: which of the following are most needed at the moment? Or is there even a need for supportive characters or does every group have their own, dualboxed buffer?

1. Prophet
    2. Bishop
    3. Elven Elder
    4. Shilien Elder
    5. Warcryer

I really don't care which of those I will play, if only they are invited to groups and I don't have to grind on my own - at least all the time.
    I thought Prophet might be fun, because even without a group you should be able to kill some mobs with light armor and a decent weapon, but I don't know if there is any demand for them, since SE / EE can give some basic buffs too, plus they can heal and recharge.

Edit: Another thing. I read that this is something like C1 - C3 (from gameplay / content point of view) including the new UI stuff etc. so I'd like to know: what is the level cap? I assume that there is no 3rd Class, right?

Any answers appreciated!

Thanks so far.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  2. Dubiouss

Dubiouss User

no 3rd class yet
    Think its 75, but there is also no A grade items

3. Capped

Capped User

Should save yourself the trouble and roll nuker / tank. Many many many many many supports & archer/daggers with bows but not many mages or tanks.

To answer your question: there are far too many orc shamans (most of which will be WC), loads of EE/SE being played and boxed. More bishops than there are prophets.

So, Prophet > Bishop > SE/EE > WC from least to most

4. DontTouchMe

DontTouchMe User

What would you suggest?
    Spellsinger, Necromancer as Nukers maybe?
    As for Tanks: Shilien Knight or DA?

5. Capped

Capped User

I see less DAs and more human / elven nukers around.

6. Electroism

Electroism User

Don't go WC. There are so many Orc Shamans that are going to be WC or OL. I've seen decent amount of Bishop, SE quite a bit because of the whole nuker aoe leveling, EE not too bad, and I barely see any Prophets. I've seen many Elves being tanks, than humans, never seen a Dark Elf lol.

If you really want to be a support and get into groups fast, make a Blade Dancer or Sword Singer. Those are the least played and highest demand right now when you get your songs/dances.

Shilien Knight aren't that great of a tank, your more of a back up tank due to because you have less hp and D compared to everyone else but the trade off is you have the highest DPS out of all the tanks which allows you to solo the best if you need too.

There are plenty of human sorc and elven nukers. A lot of the mobs don't have fire resistance which make human wizard gods and Elven mages cast the fastest and good in PvP.

7. Aeva`'-

Aeva`'- User

Jesus dont listen to that guy. He is the biggest troll and Im sorry if you believed him. Prophets or WCs that are live players Im sure are fairly big in demand for cps, but the most needed will always be the SwS. Its not a hugely popular class, but be prepared for a massive grind until 40+ unless you can find some AOE parties you can pull trains for.

I'd suggest looking over the recruitment thread topics to get an idea of what is most needed, but personally I'd say SwS, SE, or Cleric. SE and Cleric being the easiest to get exp parties with.