1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about Archer SS Consumption

Discussion in 'Questions and Info' started by Amikae, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Amikae

Amikae User

Ok, here's the thing. Eminence Bow is using 5 SSC per shot. Akat is using 4 and the rest are using 3.

Help me out with the math here. Are we going to lose adena when we start using C Bows?

2. xHaseo

xHaseo User

5? Well still better than the previous 10s :D anyway,not quite hard to make the 'maths' :
    How much you spend for create 5 SS C? (also remember you also use an arrow)
    How many hits it takes to kill a mob?
    How many adenas it drops?
    So if we say (random prices) that to buy 1 SSC you need 50 adenas,you need to buy 5,so its 5x50 = 250
    You kill mobs in 5 hits w/o critical hits,so it's 5 x 250 = 1250 adena per mob (+5 arrows,like...10 adenas per arrow?) so it's 1300 adena per mob
    Mob drops below 1300 adena = you'll lose adena.

Not hard to make the maths as long as you know the price per shot (not the SS,i mean actually the amount of adena you 'waste' for the hit,so the 5 SSC price+arrow),the hits you need for 1 mob and how much the drop :D

3. Amikae

Amikae User

That's the point. I don't know the prices. The arrows are 6 adena. And I've seen SSC for 20 adena. Which would put a single shot of Eminence at over 100 adena and that's just ridiculous. It would mean barely breaking even when soloing and in party it will lose A LOT of adena.

4. iDhol

iDhol User

I've been thinking about it also in past days and as I remember cost of creating SSC is 15a. That makes one shot from Emi cost 80a in optimistic scenario. 4-5 shots per mob solo looks legit so it's around 350 adena per mob on average. Mobs 45-50 (x1 HP) drop like 250-500 adena? I think you're gonna spend all your adena for shots on C grades and loose adena in party when using shots.

So it's either soloing with shots and having 0 adena or partying without shots.

5. Amikae

Amikae User

I have actually no problem rerolling because of this. I mean all other classes use 1 SSC per hit...

6. xHaseo

xHaseo User

One should pick the class he likes not the one who's cheaper XD if this bothers you just make urself a dorf so you can create ur own SS? No clue.
    Anyway the reason why archers used to waste so many SS was 'coz they used to make heavy damages on physical hits,not skills,allowing them to make the highest damage on auto-hit and critical...but nowdays this is quite nosense since in classic archer's damage seem to be skill-based...so maybe they could even decrease the SS usage to 1 or 2 instead of 5 XD
    But who cares? imma play abyss walker anyway ~

7. Viena

Viena User

xp without shots on C bow or stick to D grade bow

8. DemiGoth

DemiGoth User

Pretty much this indeed. Keep using your (RMT'd?) top-D bow until you REALLY have to switch to a (RMT'd?) Emi. By the time you'll switch to the EMI the mobs drop more adena and overall you'll make a profit per mob.

Just keep in mind that TOP weapons are meant to be used at the end of the grade and at the start of the next one...

9. tyntas

tyntas User

By the time u reach ~30-32 u should have enough adena to buy urself the best d grade weapon thats available in the shop (aint talking about the TOP d here). And this is without any good drops while lvling (the occasional boots/gloves/shield) while using bssd (though my rule is only 1 per mob and pet finishes it).
    If u cant afford that near top d (and u can find it even cheaper than the shop on the market) - ur really doing something wrong.

10. Aeva`'-

Aeva`'- User

OR you're an archer and have to waste a few more levels. Or you're perhaps... A MELEE *gasp* In which case, get screwed if you have the worst rng ever. Luckily, most people seem to get at least one D weap worth 400k+ at some point while leveling :p

11. ThreeNill

ThreeNill User

Are you seriously crying for cutting bow shots in half?! :D :D :D
    This really proves that people will complain about EVERYTHING, even the buffs their classes receive.

Go play with normal shot usage where you get like 7-10 even at D grade.
    Not to mention that a melee kills a mob with at least 3 times more hits than an archer.

12. Amikae

Amikae User

What is a "normal" shot usage? In what game? Certainly not L2 Classic, not with this drop rate.

Let's say Eminence Bow uses 5SSC. If we are optimistic and 1 SSC costs 18 adena, then that means that means 1 shot of Eminence will cost 95 adena(5a arrow). An average level 50 mob has around 2400 hp. To kill it you will need 5 non critical hits = 25 SSC + 5 arrow = 475 adena. The average drop rate of adena at this level is 500, going down to 300.

Now what melee class will need 25 hits with SSC to kill one normal mob?

13. J1mmy

J1mmy User

I'm also a little bit disappointed about bows' SS consumption, but Innova can not make any ingame changes. So it's wrong forum for complain.

14. Dubiouss

Dubiouss User

None takes into the fact that bows do more damage with no shots than a melee weapon do with shots..

Nukers "only" use 1 bsps,but they do cost 48a each

15. DemiGoth

DemiGoth User

...spoiler... ;)

16. Girenas

Girenas User

BD :(

17. Omegon

Omegon User

LVL 48 gladiator with +7 spirit sword*spirit sword, +12 str tatoo? lvl 52 PP buff needs 4 -5 hits to kill a 52 lvl monster
    Archer with same setup kills that monster with 2 normal hits, or 1 critical hit.

Consider yourself paying extra for attack range and no mana consumption.

18. bagindawud

bagindawud User

Or, archers can always use dubbleshot SS and save money.

Have to manage the MP for skillz though.

19. Badrun

Badrun User

Bows are really OP since they consume LESS ss than ever. Half of the warrior classes are using bow because it's so ******* cheap to get xp and adena ...

So, I would hope they'll (re) improve the bow consumption, I know that they won't, but just don't start to complain about actual bow consumptions -_-.

Daggers or warriors are maybe using only 1 ss, but as everybody say, they will hit like 5x more.

Play your archer, it's still really viable.

The SSC problem will be for everybody.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016