1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L2 is about population

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnVanDamme, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnVanDamme

JohnVanDamme User

I dont want to make a thread but i have to because some people are stupid and have probably never played a retail server, so ill be gentle.

L2 needs population, a dead server is boring. If you want to play with 1000 people go play a ****ty private server, thats your call - we probably dont want you on this server anyways.

Every race is welcome, even Russians, why would we block IP's to lots of players adding to the economy, pvp, etc. If your arguement is "well there not allowed to play here", youll have to block all the NA players too.

Once you block all them, youll have your server with 2000 people and you can flourish with nothing to do.

Deep down inside your mad at Russians because theyre the top level, cry about it, they play with CP's, it's just the way it is in L2. The more you exp the higher you are. L2 is a marathon, not a sprint.

P.S every clan account shares and will account share to box buffers/songs/dances etc. So don't even bother with that arguement

And no, im not russian

2. aWazz

aWazz User

so whats your point of this thread? :?

we got more ppl than we need on this classic map

Danrelen likes this.
  3. Rainlok

Rainlok User

Are you trying to reignite something here?

4. Norz!

Norz! User

It's rather sad you don't see the difference, or can't draw a line, between "Playing in CP, logging your bud that took the night off once in a while" in a hand, and "Having 20+ players per CP to ensure a 24/7 rotation and have groups of bots on the side to feed the CPs" in the other hand.

No one cares the Russians have "CPs", EVERYONE does, no one cares there is accounts sharing, almost everyone does it. I - llike many - draw a line at "botting" or "Co-own toons to have a 24/7 factory shift style online presence".

And EVEN when facing this kind of massive cheating, most of us will just shrug it off because we could see it coming before the launch. We knew that in 2004 or 2005 you could get to the top playing legit with "only" strong organisation and large playtime and that it wouldn't be possible anymore. That's fine. Just that once everyone that's somewhat legit will have left because it's just not fun anymore, and that the servers shows 1000 online with 2 Russian sides trying to out-cheat each others, you'll start thinking about how you got there.

Innova could step up and stop this ****, or most of it anyway, but they won't because they know this server won't last YEARS anyway, so might as well make an extra buck coming from legions of botting accounts.

Oh well.

SonicYouth and TerraKill like this.
  5. MaxMustermann

MaxMustermann User

Open servers for everyone.
    Nolifers who are proud of each hour of wasted lifetime, that they poured into their characters, need the RMT hardcore competition!

We need to see who can nolife harder/cheat to the top better - mother russia or some western kiddies.

Who will win and for what price?

Rytfield likes this.
  6. JohnVanDamme

JohnVanDamme User

How is there a difference between account sharing to box "your bud" and account sharing like the russians do? There isnt, it's still sharing - they just xp, 24/7, you can do that too, i can do it too, however id rather play my own char - thats my choice and its your choice too.

There isnt even that many bots. Kids will always look for something to cry about when they can't compete

Nyweris likes this.
  7. tyntas

tyntas User

I think we all can agree that most of the players here arent kids anymore. Trying to diminish someones concerns about bots & cheating this way is simply low.

Anyways, i do agree that the bots arent that rampart as it was back in the days at NCsoft - though it still can be better. But im fine with the server - no bot will ruin that nostalgic feeling i still get when playing the game.

Nyweris likes this.
  8. Norz!

Norz! User

If anything, those you call "Kids", are 30+ years old and can't compete with cheaters and/or nolifers anymore. Which is understandable. And isn't the biggest deal to them anyway, given how different your priorities should be when you're a grown up.

Besides, it doesn't seem to me that many people are "crying". Like I said, anyone that's been around the L2 scene the last few years knows that its not like it used to be in 2004-2005. Accept it, or move on to something else. At most, people like me are just annoyed that Innova won't do **** against bots, which shouldn't be asking too much and has nothing to do with CPs being ran 24/7 by 30 players. Both are cheating, but actual people playing toons is a much lesser offense.

For some reason people love to throw words such as "kids" or "cry" at others when they disagree, but if you ask me, that doesn't make them look too bright. Especially when it's uncalled for.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  9. JohnVanDamme

JohnVanDamme User

Theres a new thread every day, sometimes multiple "BAN BOTS", "EU SERVER WHAT A JOKE", "IM QUITTING BECAUSE OF RUSSIA".

Exactly why i said private server people, because theyve never dealt with NCsoft's lack of banning people, 4game does really well, theres no game that has 0 bots or rmt.

Also, when people grow up - they usually stop caring about nolifers and stuff they cannot control, so why make so many threads.

And yes, the arguement can be made about me creating this thread.

10. recka

recka User

because making a CP is hard?
    because finding 9 people who xp in shifts is hard?

i dont really think any1 gives a rats *** about whos on top and what "race" is winning lineage 2.
    think its more about fact that 90% of europeans are cry babies and dont like grind games, thus they rather play WoW etc balaba.
    the people that did enjoy it are either here or are by now married or married + childeren or simply no time/will to play etc..

i mean get real its 10+ year old game most new players who dont know lineage 2 wont stick around cus of the grind and how "hard" the game is, and the "elder" people simply dont give a rats *** anymore to dominate.
    why russians are so happy to dominate is beyond me nor i care.

here an example > think i have 12 days left on my account highest toon i have is (i think) 28.. ofcourse i could have been already somewhere in late 30ish or 40 maybe even but **** that i log when i want i play when i feel like it.
    let kids battle among top let me struggle with newbies aslong we all enjoy the game its fine no?

Longwei, Jadey and ThreeHares like this.
  11. JohnVanDamme

JohnVanDamme User

totally agree, which is why people should stop complaining just because they cant put the time in or they dont have the time.

elfyfo likes this.
  12. Lemmers

Lemmers User

Bots only add to the nostalgic aspect!

13. Pseudonym

Pseudonym User

demi goth and ppl of his kind are the ones ******* up this server, play the game or die whining.

more russians, more euros more NA, more everything. lets just get this server populated, bots get out lvl'd by live groups, what the **** does it matter. l2 is l2 and you want to kill l2 you whiny murderers.

14. Norz!

Norz! User

Unclanned groups of bots with the sole purpose of providing well established CPs with infinite adenas, though.

15. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

The point is: Stop crying about banning Russians.
    It's not gonna happen and neither it should.

JohnVanDamme likes this.
  16. aWazz

aWazz User

Why do you direct it towards me? I can care less what happens to russians.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2016
  17. Wiesior

Wiesior User

Problem is Russians come here not to play, but to RMT, cheat and bot. In this case better ban entire nation for save server.

Rodimus likes this.
  18. Parameter

Parameter User

I suppose you see no diference between going 5-10 km/h over the speed limit and blasting through the city at 300 km/h thinking you're Michael Schumacher either. In case you havent figured it out yet I'll put it in plain words for you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2016
  19. JohnVanDamme

JohnVanDamme User

5-10KM/h is still illegal, just like 300km/h

However, account sharing ISNT illegal.

Ill give you an analogy since you want to throw them out.

It's like buying investment stocks, you being poor can only buy, 2-3 stocks per month, where a rich guy can buy 1000 per month, is he cheating? no, its perfectly legal.
    Jan 20, 2016
    Thats like saying "ALL GERMANS WERE ****'S", kill them all.

It's starred out, but you can guess what im saying around 1940's.

Dont be a racist ****.

20. Norz!

Norz! User

You're wrong. It's officially against the rules.

But it was never enforced, ever.

Tbh I don't think it should be enforced even when Russians abuse it to have a 24/7 online presence, I'd be perfectly fine with just banning the ******* bots.

Jadey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.