1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Penalty for botting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phrozenb, Jan 20, 2016.

1. phrozenb

phrozenb User

If that's seriously the punishment for running bots in order to farm Adena, we should all do it, then after 1-10 days we'll all be running with +10 weapons.

Better yet, give players an item to ban themselves for 10 days and when they come back the receive 50m Adena...

Really now, those lvl 50 accounts should have been banned and their toons deleted.

I'm not paying any subscription until real punishments are given.

2. Jadey

Jadey User

That is punishment for buying adena that was obtained by using bots. The bots themselves were banned perma.
    It doesn't say that those were 50 lvl charaters. It says that there were 50 charaters banned (a number of charaters).

3. Марк Галимов

Марк Галимов User

read again what you've quoted

4. Orcoso

Orcoso User

Hope at least the adena that was bought was deleted.

5. phrozenb

phrozenb User

Yes, buying Adena requires perma ban also.

And what I quoted, doesn't say that they bought Adena, it says that they obtained Adena from bots. This can also mean that they simply emailed it from the bots to the main.

Either way, I'm not gonna pay any more subscriptions until perma bans are given out for Adena trading and botting and account sharing.

6. Orcoso

Orcoso User

Good luck with your life then

7. JohnVanDamme

JohnVanDamme User

Ive heard a clan leader was doing taxes to his clan so that they could buy a clan hall and the adena the clannie gave him was purchased adena, the clan leader got banned and so did the clannie, the clan leader ended up getting a 10day which is fair, it can't always be a perma ban, theres no one paint brush for the entire game

8. phrozenb

phrozenb User

Everyone that got their botted Adena from a low level (directly from the seller or through a proxy also low level) deserves ban.

If a lvl 50 clan leader got their adena from a lvl 40 clan member that got it from bots, then clan leader should be spared.... Unless the same IP logged in the clan leader and the clan member, if u know what I mean.

If they gave 10 days to guilty parties, I'll pretty sure that not so guilty parties got away (said clan leader).
    Jan 20, 2016
    I'm not a competitive guy, my highest lvl is a 23 dwarf, but I just can't spend my money on ****, and that's what this server means to me if this stuff is not properly penalized for fear of losing players I guess.

9. Danrelen

Danrelen User

I think this ban is a warning, next one will be permanent for sure

10. Abuse

Abuse User

Next time they will be a lot more careful when buying adena.

There should be a 0 tolerance policy, not a slap on the wrists.

DakhUzum and TerraKill like this.
  11. iTear

iTear User

Where did you read this;

12. AquaMarine

AquaMarine User

13. GM Amarantha

GM Amarantha Innova Group

Adena obtained from bots is removed from the game.
    Penalty for characters/accounts which obtain illegal adena is defined by a number of factors, and varies from 1 day to permanent account block. It is so in order to avoid unfair blocks.
    Of course, there is a clear difference for us between toons of bot-users and players who obtain this adena from big hubs and are not directly linked to bot-users.

14. Orcoso

Orcoso User

Sounds like an excuse!

If you buy adena they should be banned for at least 30 days... And the account who traded directly with the bot a perma ban. That way the leaders would advise players against buying adena. And the people who bought it would get banned.

Even if they buy it with a fresh account knowing it would get banned, all they need to do is track the adena and ban whoever benefit from it, (not like the person who sold that person the item for a fair price), and ofc, the items/adena to be deleted. But i guess it is too much work

15. JohnVanDamme

JohnVanDamme User

it was 50k adena tax, how the **** is the clan leader supposed to know that? if you think that the clan leader shoulda been banned for 30 days because of 50k tax on his clannies you should quit

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016
  16. Rodimus

Rodimus User

We need punishment for those people account sharing and running 24/7 on shifts/rotation it's just as bad as botting.

17. phrozenb

phrozenb User

And how do you know precisely that said clan leader was banned because of the tax they got from another member? Sounds to me like an unreasonable ban, and based on the official statement, such unreasonable bans are VERY unlikely to happen.

If I were to guess, said clan leader either might have bought some adena on their own or shared account with someone else that actually bought some adena.

It's like saying that my account will be banned (temporarily, mind you) cause I sold some mats to someone that had bought adena with cash :).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016
  18. Dubiouss

Dubiouss User

First time offence with buying adena should be as it is, lose the adena and a temp ban
    The bonus is that they banned the bots that sold the adena

2nd time should be perma cause then they obviously didn't learn the 1st time

Best way to earn extra adena is through events, that will come sooner or later

19. Rodimus

Rodimus User

What is the penalty for account sharing? and how many people have been punished so far?

20. JohnVanDamme

JohnVanDamme User

there is no punishment, if u get scammed and all ur gear taken, its your fault