1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making nonflaged people unstuable

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Swayarn, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swayarn

Swayarn User

I'm so sick of having those morons trying to stun you while your grinding, mobs, and not by themselfs but 2 and 2 or 3 and 3 they come, afraid to flag in public or among others unless they got a whole clan with them.
    Solution to this problem is making nonflaged "white" toons unstable outside of pvp, just like you can't slow, sleep, root other players unless they flag!
    Seen so many people quiting cause of this reason and I am considering it myself, either give ALL races/classes stun or delete/nerf it or just make nonflaged people unstable to others.
    Solution to the problem could also be perma ban

2. recka

recka User

banning them is bit sad lol.. thing is like u said they come in groups.
    i dont recall clan name but i went after some of them the other day and then all they do (same people that tried grief me day before) is cry and ask why? no balls to flag etc.

3. ThreeHares

ThreeHares User

I'm sorry are you suggesting a permanent ban for using an ability the way it's made to function, even if that way is not necessarily the way you like? Shall we ban prophets for using WW on unflagged people? Or for buffing monsters? Let's ban bishops for using % heal on some beefy creatures. I mean, it's programmed to work the way it does, but let's make all that illegal, right? Should've started by suggesting the ban, would have made sure nobody reads past the first line.

4. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

At the very least let the game be consistent and allow other classes to debuff unflagged players too is my suggestion.

And I'm sorry but a Prophet buffing a monster actually flags the Prophet before it can become a threat, a bishop % healing a mob flags the Bishop before it can incapacitate you.

It doesn't mean that because it works the way it's supposed to that it shouldn't change, the heck.

5. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

Well, you can't use sleep, or root, or anchor, or silence, or weakness, or most slows, or most poisons on unflagged people. But you can use all kind of stuns. Didn't matter in the past, but now stuns are 8s duration, ~5s cooldown and 98%+ land rate on same level targets.

It's stupid, but it is equally stupid to cry about it and expect it to change.

6. UniqueName

UniqueName User

It's like most of non-Russian people on this server haven't played L2 before GoD.......

Why all the complaints outside bots/RMT are because people are not as good or dedicated/doesn't know the game as well?

Why play Classic, if you never before played L2 before GoD or outside some high-rate privates and then come and complain that the way the game worked for over a decade should be a ban-able offense or should be changed, just because the vocal majority (not numerical by any means) are absolutely incompetent about everything regarding this game (no matter the Chronicle even, but this is Classic, so be it)?

Longwei, lortt, kasp69 and 3 others like this.
  7. Fuzzyy

Fuzzyy User

Amen

8. Warmyz

Warmyz User

Specially ppl that cry about bots and RMT are the funiest ppl. If they could see how was the NCSoft L2 servers with their train bots, or how are every server in the world right now, they probably would not create any thread crying about bots. They dont know what a miracle is this server in the entire world compared with the rest, not a single server has less bots than this. I really love how the server is full life, not like the rest of servers where is full of AI, and the only reason to play that servers is have a very sad life where nothing better to do.

Of course I hope they continue this good work, if they stop at some point they will loose my support.

9. Swayarn

Swayarn User

WTF Dose this thread has to do with bots !?
    Jan 22, 2016
    And no, you can't use sleep, root, anchor etc on people that are unflagged!
    That is kinda the problem, either you can use ALL sorts of debuffs/CC on people or you can't.

10. Madrax

Madrax User

I agree. The fact you can simply stun who you want, without letting a chance to engage a pvp is ruining the experience.
    The intention is to steal something, not to do a pvp. We want a change and it is not crying or complaining, it is improvement. So stop your flame, go play and let us move this game forward.

11. Zaaky

Zaaky User

Then I can ask you if you played L2 before GoD? I played from the begining and I can tell you that eventhough you could stun unflagged people back then the land rate was much much lower than it is now and you couldn't just chain stun people because it had a higher cooldown. I agree that this is not a carebear game, but stun is broken right now. Make it like it was when the game came out - there was a chance for you to fail the stun and deal with the fact that you might be killed by the guy you engaged. Right now it is just go up to someone and Pres F1 till they are dead from mobs. Now how is that hardcore or skillbased? So please spare us for your "its like people don't know the game" when in fact most people actually do.

Maniex likes this.
  12. Jujata

Jujata User

The game comes as it is and dont think innova have right to change the software.
    We all knew about those stuns and yet we started. Yes its lame, yes the stun is overpowered on the low level and yes if you are legit player and lose your weapon you will probably quit. No adena to buy new one and no weapon to farm adena will make you eather buy adena or quit.

Few hints how to be safe from griefer (the ******* that stuns):
    1. Make friends with the neigboring players. You see them geting stuned? Kill the mob - most of the people will return the favor. You might even unite and kill the guy (depens of the situation).
    2. You see a guy that you know its a griefer ->warn everyone around you. This way they will not hit mobs if he is around them. If other players do it also you will be safe.
    3. Dont hit mobs once you see he is around.
    4. get yourself major healing potions and windwalk potions. If you manage to pull more speed than the griefer you might escape.
    5. Extreme solution that i call "broken arrow": Make a macro that removes all your armor in a blink of the eye. Use it once you are like 30-40% HP and no cp and he is about to stun you. It will make him pk but you wont lose any items.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2016
  13. Sonnova

Sonnova User

Did you ever play a dwarf?
    The Stun is the only way you can defend your XP spot vs a mage or archer. If you cant stun them, there is no way you keep the spot.
    If you dont keep them stuned, they kite you to death.

So, how we do it now? The only dmg skill dwarfs have is the Stun... take it away?
    I would love to have the Destroyer/Titan dmg skills like Fatal Strike, but all i have is the stun.
    Why should i not be able to use my only skill? its like telling nukers should not be able to cast nukes on white players coz they do so much dmg.
    "But you still can pvp vs them.. bla bla" - would you fight if you were on ~50% HP and they could kite you all day long?

14. UniqueName

UniqueName User

@Zaaky Nor ever before did we had +15 WIT working on a mage, wait until you start to have to deal with that, if you think stun is a problem. Not even talking, that a lot of skills work very different than they did in the past, but people adapt and stun works the way it does now, because of the general changes to CC system (which, yes - do not matter at all for low lvls).

Also, people have ways to kill you without getting flagged, so not much would change outside getting dwarfs ******, if you were to nerf stun.

We are talking about L2 here - a sandbox where PvP and PK are allowed and has always been encouraged by how the game works to begin with. The problem is that people got really soft over the years in certain regions, as far as player communities go - Look at EU GoD, people almost never flag or PvP while grinding, the only PvP is if there's a wartag. People meet by a RB and spam "CC PLZ" holding shift down, instead of trying to out-DPS other PT or kill them and take the boss, like in the past (or in other regions).

Is it fair that someone can stun you until a mob kills you? Is it fair someone can mob-drop you and then pick up your ****? Is it fair someone won't give you CC? Is it fair someone can deal more DMG than you? Is it fair you decided to play a class that isn't as good as another class? No, but this game isn't supposed to be fair, nor ever was and I hope it will never be, there is nothing worse for an MMO, than when they start trying to make things fair and equal, because outside of playing with friends/making new ones, a huge factor is getting better than others, competing for things, having a feeling of accomplishment.

- No one likes to lose something or have it taken away from it, no matter where they're from, but nerfing stun would achieve nothing as I already said, if you can't protect yourself from these kind of people, the only normal and fair change would be a lowered chance in dropping items on death.

15. blowmeaway

blowmeaway User

And we will have the GOD version in classic in no time..

16. DeepBlue

DeepBlue Head Moderator (EU) Head moderator

Really guys? another thread like this?

Stun is working the way the developers have decided they want it to work and it is very unlikely this is going to change in the near future. I'm afraid you are just going to have to accept that this is the way the Developers want their game to work.

This game was never meant to be "easy" and it is a game heavily focused on player vs player actions, whether that be 1v1 or group PvP, PKing, stunning other players or training them with mobs - that's Lineage folks ;)

People have given tips to everyone in many other threads on this topic, we really do not need yet another thread about it so please use the search function to reduce the flood.

Regards.

Nyweris, eXistenZ _ and ThreeHares like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.