1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thank you !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vetrie, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Vetrie

Vetrie User

I know there are still alot of bots around but atleast Innova is banning them consistently.

So I just want to thank all Innova staff for this ^^

Keep it up!

2. Orcoso

Orcoso User

I see a lot yes, but for some reason there are a few bots that seems to avoid every ban wave, there are this bots there are still going strong even after being marked as possible cheater for over a month

SpoiledCat and Jojo44k like this.
  3. JohnVanDamme

JohnVanDamme User

Some of them might not be bots, someone is convinced im a bot and keeps reporting me, just because i have no life and i xp alot doesnt mean im a bot.

Also, i turn white chat off sometimes when clan chat is getting drama filled so i dont bother talking to ppl in white chat

Sirius92 and Apocalypsa like this.
  4. Orcoso

Orcoso User

Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me, and those are the oldest excuses out there too! You are definitely botting!

It is perfectly possible to see when someone is botting and when they aren't... Unless you never played this game... Bots usually follow a pattern, that is what allows them to go long periods of times unwatched.

Carpet HQ likes this.
  5. Jadey

Jadey User

I heard a lot of people saying that it is possible to tell who is botting just by watching him move for a few minutes. But I still don't get how it works. Guess it takes one to know one :)

6. sungnao

sungnao User

tbh, i was feeling exactly like u, like i had no idea how to recognice them. but then i used bot in some private server, and i understood how it was working.. since then, yea, its PRETTY easy to know who is botting and who isnt

Edit: i must add that, a well configured bot is very hard to detect.., but that's only 5% of the ppl botting, rest use common options so they should be easy to detect

7. Jadey

Jadey User

That is what i meant with: "It takes one to know one". People who never used a bot probably could never tell the difference :) . I guess the moving part is actually the only way how to say if it is a bot, because not flagging back or not talking is not a proof at all. Maybe the person just does not want to talk to you (so annoying to reply to all the "hi" from random ppl).

But in general Innova is doing a good job. Quite some people have said that their friends/clannies got banned. So it is a good sign :)

8. sungnao

sungnao User

i dont think so, it might be harder, but not hard at all. U must check their reactions, not their moves. Their actions are based in conditions mostly

9. Jadey

Jadey User

Ye I get that. But if i never tried a bot, i can not know what are the conditions I am looking for.

10. Orcoso

Orcoso User

Have you guys ever played this game outside free servers? Seriously, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to see identify a bot by watching it a few minutes. They will never be able to act human, no matter what kind of setting they have.

11. sungnao

sungnao User

Like 100+ private servers 3-15x, i know how they work, im just telling Jadey that i understand its harder to detect bots for those who dont even know how it works, coz u dont know the settings u need to look for in their actions.. for me its pretty easy to find them as i've used it

12. Jadey

Jadey User

What does this have to do with free or payed servers? Core and NCWest are f2p for a long time now.

And yes, ofc , you cant miss if a guy is switching targets every time you target mobs he is hitting. Those are completely obvious. I am talking in general. How am I supposed to know what would a bot do if i never used one? I don't even know what settings a bot can have. Just the few obvious ones that soem ppl have told me about.

13. HKfromFranz

HKfromFranz User

90% of dwarfs and summoners with "recharge" pets are bots. Half of them in full AFK mode.

14. JohnVanDamme

JohnVanDamme User

i think innova is doing a good job.

If more people came from ncwest theyd recognize innova is much, much better.

corvik and Jadey like this.
  15. Orcoso

Orcoso User

The difference bot wise on the pre god official servers and free servers is that the bots are way less on the free servers, most of them don't last too long for the serious bots owners invest in that. On the majority of the server frees, they usually ban bots and then make some sort of system where you can pay to get your stuff back. So less bots.

If you ever played on ncwest bots on classic would be easy to identify. Ncwest had a **** ton of them.

You don't need to know their settings, all you need to do is watch it and you will see that they don't behave like a human player.

16. TracerMaster

TracerMaster User

And this is what I read "I'm a botter, but I pay my dues to beable to bot."

ThreeHares likes this.