1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solution for griefing/stunning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikeokslonger, Jan 20, 2016.

Tags:
?

Do you like the idea and would like Innova to send EU community opinion to NCsoft?

1. YES - I like the idea and I ask Innova to send the EU community opinion to NCsoft hoping for a patch

82 vote(s)
    57.3%
  2. NO - I dislike the idea (post why)

61 vote(s)
    42.7%
  1. mikeokslonger

mikeokslonger User

Seriously... I cannot be the only one who's absolutely fed up trying to level up and constantly having someone train me, logging out so I get aggro and then stunning me?

When it's archers doing it there's not even a chance of escaping because you can't run outside of their range and even if I you could, they'll most likely catch you because of the higher running speed. When you're trying to farm mobs you can't even log out either since you'll most likely be in combat already and I guess by now everyone knows that anyone in your level can stun lock you.

I'm all for dropping items when killed by mobs and even being trained is a part of the game. Stun locks ruins the game though. In pvp it's the person who first lands stun who wins and even in PVE it ruins everything since it appears impossible to level up without being stun locked and killed by monsters.

The only path I see for this server is being populated by bots and people who farm the bots. It's a server I do not want to play on and probably I'm not the only one.

I've seen other suggestions on the forum such as "get a group" and stuff like that. The fact of the matter is though that with stun locks 2-3 archers could easily get a full party killed if they round up enough mobs and stun lock the right people.

For the record, I am actually a lvl 35 archer myself and I know exactly how easy it is. If I want to have someone in my level killed by mobs, I have a 100% success rate. I've played since C3 and it was never like this. You could land one stun, maybe two if you have absolutely perfect timing. This is ridiculous - it's not even challenging if you're training someone and don't get me started on how annoying it is to be on the receiving end.

Concluding remarks - FIX STUN or we can all just go play Diablo 2 instead.

MindReaper, TerraKill and Rodimus like this.
  2. MaxMustermann

MaxMustermann User

Task manager/ending process and or kicking Account out by oneself may be working against dying ^^.

3. Jojo44k

Jojo44k User

I agree, hardcore game for low skilled stunners/players.
    I was an absolute fan of stun, and since the old L2 I loved it in every game. Now I'm starting to not like it so much because it's no brain push F1+pushF1+pushF1 and repeat.
    Like Mike said timing was a big part of skilled players gameplay, it still do not exist anymore here.

4. Ombre de Lune

Ombre de Lune User

if i remember correctly, it was impossible to put a debuff on someone already suffering from it... So no chain bleed, no chain stun, no chain paralysis, etc... Unless you would have perfectly timed your attacks to land the next right at the end of the previous one.

5. Omegon

Omegon User

For stun it was always possible. Always. But in early chronicles stun cooldown was higher than duration. Right now the only limit for stunner is his manapool.

Stun is good as it is. You are not supposed to lvlup alone.
    To get rid of stunners:

1 - Never walk around alone.
    2 - Have your own stunner in party.
    3 - Always have an alive healer in party.
    4 - Always have some bsoe if your gear is over 1 mil worth.

If you see someone running to you with a train and you are alone your course of actions should be:

1 - Stop hitting a monster
    2 - Run away to the safespot ( every monster has a "Spawnbox" a limited area where he spawns. Outside that spawnbox it will never agro on anyone, if he lost his initial target. )
    3 - Laugh at the stunner.

If you have your own stunner - go and stun that bum.

In pvp that's true only on low lvls. On highlvls it's a bit different.

6. Maniex

Maniex User

Lol at people saying the stun is how it's supposed to be and giving advise on how to not get trained..

Sure it is possible to avoid this because i've done it many times by running or force disconnecting or whatever (in fact i've never been killed like that yet) but that is also annoying and not the way a game like this is meant to be played :)

So I think something needs to be done about this asap because it's pissing off a lot of people

7. Apophis

Apophis User

Although we are looking as ******* every time we tell you guys how to avoid it, it's just because we know that it will not change unless the KR devs decide to (and that it's all about the KR market, as they don't really care about others). Innova will only remove some "features" if the RU community will strongly protest against it, like they did with the fishing system.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2016
    Jojo44k likes this.
  8. Badrun

Badrun User

So if the EU community is protesting we have nothing ? Only works with RU. Please ...

People is complainning about this, it's logical. Drop when you are Red, yes. Drop when you farm and you are stunned and can't do ANYTHING (because this is the main point), no, for a lot of people, just no.

Even if Innova can't do anything, maybe they can report it if 90% of the players are saying this.

I think, more we are lvling, more we find this feature not funny at all by droping C grade.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  9. Jojo44k

Jojo44k User

buahah :s I don't play to use this ******* option it *** hard, if I fight alone and I aggro some mobs I simply run until the stop chasing me, I won't never disconnect, for me it must be considered like a cheat.

10. Rytfield

Rytfield User

Out of curiousity, what was wrong with the fishing system?

11. Maniex

Maniex User

And how do you plan to run away when you are stun locked by another player?

12. mikeokslonger

mikeokslonger User

A lot of responses - great. I'm going to address the not-getting-stunned advice first. In my experience hardly any of those advice works, occasionally you might be able to log out before they get to you if you're in an open area but you definitely can't rely on that. Bsoe naturally doesn't work either since you can't use it while stunned and if you're trained by 3-4 mobs they're definitely going to kill you before your characters leaves the game even if you kill the process (unless you're like a tank or something).

The only thing that would really work is to get a party. Works great for some people but if you're a casual player who can play for maybe 1-2h every couple of days you're not gonna want to spend that time shouting for help to keep you from being trained. In my view that's just crazy.

Like many people pointed out, it used to be a skill involved in stunning people. You could do it with great timing but still a lot of RNG since you never knew exactly when the stun duration would end. Resetting the stun duration whilst it is already active simply couldn't be done. I've played since C3, I don't know how it was before but that's how I always remember it. Like someone pointed out, now it's a process of repeatedly spamming F1 and claim the rewards.

It seems to me like l2 has gone from one of the most balanced mmo's to one of the worst just because of two skills (stun attack, stun arrow). I guess that says something about how ridiculously overpowered they are.

It would be fun to see an Innova staff member's view on this.

13. Jojo44k

Jojo44k User

I was talking about me alone without any stuner close to me, sometimes I don't pay attention and aggro some mobs.
    If somebody can catch me and don't stop to stun me, I will die, drop 2 magic rings and lose 4 or less %. I already made a long bloack list of some people tring to ruin me; I hope to see them when I'll be AW using dagger with skills to punish them.
    I won't use techniques especially the force log off when I don't want others use it.

14. Weepy

Weepy User

The landing rate is just ******ed with the current cooldowns..

15. MaxMustermann

MaxMustermann User

Well, for example if you re farming solo on a "bad buffed" (no windwalk) lvl 20 Dwarf and 2 other Dwarfs keep you in stunlock while there is a mob on you, there is no "running away/killing the mob off" ^^.

I did not believe it was as bad (as I guess orcoso said before) - but it is.

If you're solo and not "a fast class/dont have ww" then you' re literally ******.

So I recommend log out by force or GG drop your **** to stun-abusers
    - I mean if that is worth keeping a hypocritical "I dont forcelog pride" like Jojo44k seems to have. ^^

To ppl like that i wish alot of fun lvling their lost xp back up / replacing their gear!

16. Apophis

Apophis User

Didn't saw it in action, but from what I understand it was an automatic process (not the old fishing system), and russians were against it.

17. Badrun

Badrun User

L2 is a running game... If it's the only explaination to this, the game is ****** up. I will laugh when we will have warlords with their ranged stun aoe (and any ranged stun classes). Perma stun party ?
    What will we say ? " Dude, just watch wider and runs erlier please ".

As I'm going to be warlord, I don't care, I will have 80% resist stun + perma stun skills. But I don't think it's going to be funny for everyone.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  18. Zaaky

Zaaky User

Back in the days if an archer landed a stun arrow on you it would be more the exception than the rule. Also the same with paralyze. Since those CCs are so strong they had a lower land rate which made it balanced.

I used to play an EE and at one point during the chronicles I would land sleep/trance 80% of the time and with my ridiculous cast speed I could keep 1-3 guys permanently out of a fight. There was no diminishing returns and you could also reapply sleep before the old one had worn off. That also ruined the balance in PVP and that was changed. This needs to happen here as well.

Currently stun is just broken. Something that ruins both PVP and grinding in PVE is really devastating for Lineage2 since that basically is the game play.

19. Badrun

Badrun User

It's because CON doesn't effect the % ... Like the dex and the speed. I'm quite sure they did it without thinking about the consequences. Drop or not in pve I don't care if we have some chances to not die, in fact. But stun + drop can't go togather. The true problem is the stun rate yes.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  20. ★Bad★

★Bad★ User

Just keep your eyes wide open...