1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all experienced AWs - Can you actually farm adenna?

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by MassAuthority, Jan 23, 2016.

1. MassAuthority

MassAuthority User

At the moment I am using a Reinforced Longbow and sitting on overall 4kk give or take (including the price of my weapon) at 37. My biggest concern is how efficient dagger is with making money. As a ranged user I have pretty much bullied every single close-combat user to the extend of forcing him to leave my spot. However I am very worried about using dagger for my farm. I am not sure how farming happens in post-40 areas and that is why I am asking right now.
    • How do you deal with getting bullied by a ranged class?
    • Is there enough space for a melee class to farm?
    • Can it ever be profitable?

I am getting paranoid to the extend of thinking that I will be wasting my time running around trying to find 1 mob to kill and back to the same old routine again.

PS: I am talking about farming AW with a PP.

2. lMak0l

lMak0l User

You already know the game, why would you ask others their opinion?

Yes as a melee you will have to run from mob to mob which is time wasted as opposed to hitting from afar.

Yes a range party on your spot will most likely kill every mob around before you can even reach it.

What melee classes need are dungeon type areas with high hp mobs. Apart from catacombs that didn't get implemented, you're in for some trouble before you can hit DVC or TOI or Pagans and alike. They simply don't exist quite yet (yes on DVC that will be locked down and zerged by aoe / range parties anyway) so you will have to do it painfully slow in areas that people avoid for some reason (archer mobs, magic mobs, golems...).

My guess is that your best bet is to level your AW with a bow trying to find parties with archers. That might cost you some parties but soloing your way will be long and boring.

3. ValidUsermane

ValidUsermane Banned

I wanted to make TH, I just love daggers but I played on RU classic so I know how useless they are. No stun, no aoe, almost no random parties. If you really want to play dagger, then shillen elder is the only way to make it possible in duo (VR is op on classic + stigma of shillen- melee debuff, heals). With prophet you will be almost always out of mana because you will need alot of heals unless you will have top equipement or you will exp on green mobs (its like the only possible way to exp dagger). I myself passed on dagger and made archer, but good luck, maybe you will have more mental strenght to play useless class than me.

4. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

From mostly nuker's point of view: no, there is none.

In pvp you have no way to close the distance to archers/mages (yet?). Even if you do manage to get into melee range, any half decent party will vaporize you before 2nd blow.

In pve, you need either kiting tank, or a ****load of heal. No more tanking 70+ mobs in karmian with just PP buff + vamp.

5. Orcoso

Orcoso User

Daggers are just crappy at everything now, they are one of the best classes to play, but the way classic works, they are just horrible.

No dungeons, that means lots of running, VR is nerfed, so constant healing, high debuff land rate, so doesn't matter who you fight, if they have a PP or SE on their backs, even if boxed, you will just get rooted.

But, they seem to get a big boost on the saviors update.

6. varolluis

varolluis User

The man asked if is profitable farming with a dagger not how hard you sux to play melee chars and how many tears you can waste because you can't handle a dagger vs a mage.

@MassAuthority

1. that depends what bullied mean for you. A solo archer or mage is dead meat vs a dagger, specially AW.
    2. there is space for everyone. just try to find some constant players to play with, or full constant party. With se near him aw is one of best farmers in game. For example in late game, in loa stigma + hex = farm machine.
    3. even a glad can be profitable, but if you want profit make a dwarf.

Find some melee friends, good suport and you will easy farm cruma, ev and loa.

7. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

Well in the EU version of "Classic" it is profitable for a necro to farm with death spike in the right spots.

8. iboyanov

iboyanov User

Wasn't cursed bone expensive, like a lot?
    BssC+CB should be a no-go, at least this is the proclaimed and very ******ed korean's way of "balancing" necromancer's superior pvp position.

9. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

Well, they are expensive, and certainly not viable for regular farm, but there are monsters that drop enough goods to pay for themselves.

10. fodemhouse

fodemhouse User

You knew it all from the beggining... To become AW is not an easy path boy...