1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is SE any useful nowadays?!

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Seraina, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Seraina

Seraina User

Hello guys. I just wanted to discuss about something. Im totally new to this l2 classic project and i would like some opinions from experienced people here in classic. Well. I started here with a SE. Im lvl 33 at the moment. Every single person i asked about it, they told me that SE is totally useless class to play as main coz every1 has its own SE bot. Also they told me that i will never find a CP by playing SE. Is it true? No1 wants a SE in his constant party? Should i reroll?

2. snobbywjr

snobbywjr User

I see a lot of aoe PT is looking for SE instead of EE. Don't know about CP setups or 40+ random exp, but below 40 it's needed for sure.

3. Seraina

Seraina User

Man i dont know why they should pick an EE. no acumen no empower. just res shock can help somehow in pvps. dunno im very worried if i should use SE as main.

4. Banana Monsta

Banana Monsta User

Why is EE better for CP 40+? For a simple reason that SE after 40 can be simply boxed just for buffs, while EE is a must due to resists and PARTY RECALL.

5. Seraina

Seraina User

Yeah but for pve with a melee party. I will help with stigma that i will get after 40. well dunno rly..
    so i shall reroll?

6. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

You trolling, right?
    Literally 2/3 of all chars on the server are mages. And while many of them will dualbox a SE, there is never enough mana for all of them, and active healer is much more important than it used to be in old Lineage.

7. Seraina

Seraina User

yeah i was thinking about the same. so many mages all of them going solo. they surely need an active SE to buff recharge and pick up. but for later lets say 50/60+ will i still be useful as active? or every good mage cp will setup with ee + bp?

8. Niewolnica

Niewolnica User

Ask youself? does EE has empower? no. do you think CPs will exp their SE boxes 40+ ? I dont think so

9. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

That +55%/65%/75% dps is too good to pass on. Since it is exclusive to SE, every mage party will have an SE, active or otherwise.

10. Omegashin

Omegashin User

I am mage and I don't have an alt char SE. If I have to duo, I search for an active SE.

11. Righeteous

Righeteous Banned

SE is the ultimate buff box.
    EE is a proper a recharger/healer/resser

Yes most likely you wont find a duo with a nuker, but you are more likely to find good full parties/const group

12. Rudyy

Rudyy User

U cant play without ee.
    Better heal, resists, clarity, better mp reg and partu recall ofc. Also if u play mage cp cuz of pow in 2.0.
    Makeing se box is not problem in my cp we have like 3 now and u dont really need to make it to 50+ soon cuz difference with m.attck us not huge.
    As for me i dont see place for SE in cps cuz if u add SE u need to play with 2 rechargers. I think till they wont give back pomanders to SE it wont be played in cps. Cuz stigma is still not better than extra dd

13. Etuldan

Etuldan User

EE better heal ? how ?
    SE has Greater Group Heal, while EE didn't.
    Cast should not be a problem because of +12 WIT.

SE has purify (against the Necro anchor), EE didn't.
    And SE have root, while EE didn't have any viable CC (sleep is way too long to cast, and trance isn't available)

14. Rudyy

Rudyy User

Bp also have purify aboit heal forgot about that no mayors here.
    Root is not rly good argument u can make pp and it willbe more usefull. Also pow from SE for most classes is not worth.

Ee have also dark resistance buff which here will be really usefull

15. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

The question of EE vs. SE is moot. You will need at least two rechargers in full party anyway (as well as in any party with more than one decent mage), and there is no reason to prefer two of the same skillsets.

16. Rudyy

Rudyy User

So tell me how u see setups with 2 rechargers in it

17. ah_99

ah_99 User

SE <<<<< EE because she does not have a party recall.
    Looking to the future, SE will remain a buff box for empower. EE will be in demand because she will have BoE!!!! and PoWater which better than PoWind.

18. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

Tell me how you see setups without at least two rechargers in it...

19. Etuldan

Etuldan User

AoE
    BtM + Heal or /sit while the tank is pulling the mobs.

20. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

Well, that is a great theory.
    There are a few catches though, e.g.:
    The lack of decent AoE spots for every single party on the server.
    The depth of **** such party would be in when anything goes wrong and they run out of mana.
    The effectivness of spending 70% of the time sitting, regardless of how many mobs you pull - you can still kill more with more mana (e.g. with second tank, which you have anyway).