1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Healing power vs magic attack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ValidUsermane, Jan 25, 2016.

1. ValidUsermane

ValidUsermane Banned

So since I was bored and tired of clerics using starter weapon to heal and crying about how they are low on mana all the time I made small test to check how much magic attack affects healing power.

Skill used- heal lvl 18 (max lvl on first class) on human cleric, without any spiritshots

Heal without weapon, 33 magic attack in character stats= 306 HP healed
    Heal with low D weapon (35 matack), 117 magic attack in character stats= 381 HP healed
    Heal with top D weapon (63 matack), 198 magic attack in character stats= 441 HP healed

Kinda big difference if you ask me, maybe will update it later if I buy some spiritshots

corvik and ThreeHares like this.
  2. Mertian

Mertian User

Nice, actually good info for me playing healer for the first time :D

3. ah_99

ah_99 User

it's a matter of common knowledge. from GoD mechanics the healing power is dependence on m.atak of weapon.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  4. JohnVanDamme

JohnVanDamme User

i guess ill buy my box a better weapon than starter haha

5. ThreeHares

ThreeHares User

Did not know! Thanks!

6. Abuse

Abuse User

It's not a common sense tho.

Since debuff (i.e. root) landing rate is not affected by m.atk, only by skill lvl + player lvl vs player/monster lvl, why is healing power calculated differently.
    So many things are backwards on this hybrid L2 server.

Yeah, not calling it classic, casue the only similarity is in the exp curve.

7. Orcoso

Orcoso User

So 60hp, roughly 15% more HP difference from a low D to a top D? Don't think it is worth it, maybe at higher levels when you get weapons with more matak and with the better heals it might make a difference!

8. lMak0l

lMak0l User

I tried to explain that point to someone the other day, a warcryer (you maybe?) and it works pretty much like that :

You take the healing power of the skill you use, multiply it with a function of your matk and again multiply by healing modifiers (debuff from necro, prayer, touch of life...).

The key point you're trying to adress here is the function of your matk. Yes a higher matk will most likely yield higher healing, but there is a hard cap.

Up to around 1100 matk your healing will be increased by additional matk.
    To achieve this you can either try to reach 550 base matk and use spiritshots (double matk) or 300ish matk and use blessed spiritshots (quadruple matk).

Past this hard cap, you won't increase your healing output. Having 10k matk or 2k matk will heal for the same amount. The hard cap is at around 450 hp (maybe 550,my memory sucks) healed for a lvl 35 spell (not including multipliers such as touch of life).

Now as for real in game figures, here is a small sample from a lvl 35+ cleric:
    31 matk (no spiritshots) : 321 hp
    62 matk (spiritshot) : 348 hp
    124 matk (blessed spiritshot) : 366 hp

I also used a maingauche to try out the healing output and it's significantly higher at around 420 with simple spiritshots and 440ish with blessed. Already reaching the hard cap pretty much.

As a side note, as a practical effect, most people around lvl 35 to 40 have around 1k 1k3 hp. You don't want them to die nor overheal too much but leave them somewhere above 2/3rd max hp (skill crit of dailaon lads around 700, archers with soulshots critting...). So you need to be able to heal around 1/3rd of people max hp to do efficient healing which is in the 350 range.

Tldr
    Conclusion : you don't need a good weapon to heal people at this level range. The quality of the player will impact much more (such as 2147, noto before becoming bishop, madeinchina, some Polish dude I met today....).

9. ValidUsermane

ValidUsermane Banned

Thx for your input to this thread, any help is appreciated. Im not experienced healer, I always play as a DD or bd/sws so this is my crappy test using my buffbox

10. ah_99

ah_99 User

You are wrong, welcome to GoD mechanics. The healing power cardinally depends on weapon's m.atak. The healing power is not depend on character's m.atak. It is easy to check with emp and without emp.

The healing power cardinally depends on:
    1. Power of the skill;
    2. Weapon's m.atak;
    3. any spiritshots (differencies between blessed and not blessed approximately 20 hp).

Fragola likes this.
  11. Fragola

Fragola User

btw there's a video for that from a test classic server. it shows how weapon and empower affects healing:

long story short: emp adds + 1-8 hp to healing =)