1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU classic or old EU server?

Discussion in 'Questions and Info' started by janpec1000, Jan 26, 2016.

1. janpec1000

janpec1000 User

Hello guys, so funny situation, i have bought Classic server subscription 3 days ago to realize until now that i have been playing on old EU server the whole time (Core). So my question is does Classic server has more population than old, couse then i would be ready to switch. I am just interested what is the state of people in dungeons parties if its better on classic than on old one.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, which server is the most populated on Classic EU (if there are more)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  2. MoonWa1ker

MoonWa1ker User

3. Etuldan

Etuldan User

There is only one EU Classic server : Skelth.
    About population, don't know, as I played on Core about 2-3 years ago.

EU Classic population is something like this :
    Very TOP CP (lvl50+) : RU
    High EU player lvl : 40+
    'Casual' players (EU) : 30+

There is no instances on Classic, and low areas are always highly populated. Be sure to find some mates, as solo-play is very very hard on classic.

4. janpec1000

janpec1000 User

Thanks for answer Etuldan, i like what i see, i am all about playing in party, hate solo playing in MMOs so this seems great. Will be switching servers, adjustment will be severe from Core EU server then hehe, it was going smooth like butter there.

Perhaps how are things in regards to pets there, i am guessing things must be very expensive if they are in low quantities, like strong pets and such?

5. Jadey

Jadey User

No pets, no in-game shop.

6. Apophis

Apophis User

The two versions are very different. If you are looking for a challange then this is the place, but beware that this version is very time consuming (it will take you around one month to reach lvl 40).

7. janpec1000

janpec1000 User

Alright, have no problems with that, will be missing pets for sure but i can cope with it.
    Jan 26, 2016
    By the way guys, this might sound stupid question, but how can i regenerate mana? I am playing with cleric and simply my mana gets always to 0 and there are no mana herbs being droped. Or is it just becouse i am on trainee island? Not sure if i am missing something, i have to constantly sit down to regenerate, and i am not even using any heal to consume mana only attack.

8. TracerMaster

TracerMaster User

No herbs, only way to get mana is sitting and waiting(Or get a EE/SE to recharge you)... because we are hardcore!

9. janpec1000

janpec1000 User

Hehe that is hardcore. By EE you mean another character to recharge mana correct?

10. TracerMaster

TracerMaster User

SE is the Dark Elf healer, EE is the Light Elf Healer you will usually just sit though lol

11. janpec1000

janpec1000 User

Ok my last question goes, it might be completly obvious from what i have read, but just to double check in case i missed something, there is not possible to adjust stats on lvl up in this game is it? I mean game automatically gives you stats where its set to, you cant put for example more in wisdom if wanted.

Also i have seen a lot players play with 2 characters, they level them both at same time (running instances of game or something) is that what most people do? Bit wierd why not rather go in party with other players...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  12. Opice

Opice User

No u cant adjust the stats. Every race and class has them given automaticaly. You can check those in the patch notes in the Announcment part of this forum.
    Yes poeple do that with the dualbox. You have to pay for a second account to do that. One of the reasons can be that not everybody has time to be in a constant party or to look for a random party and without buffs you are kinda lost in this game. You seem to be completely new to this game? That is really nice mate. Welcome! And please, be patient.. It is a lot (like A LOT) of grinding.. Quests will not push you exp-wise forward so you need to kill tons of mobs. But you will be so happy about every level reached.. Item droped or crafted and about a killed "enemy" of yours :) Have fun! - with this i wanted to say.. Stop playing the Star wars on the other server and join classic!

EDIT: well you can adjust the stats with dyes. You lose for example -5 CON and get +4 STR. But you want/can do it only in later level.

ThreeHares likes this.
  13. Rodimus

Rodimus User

Learn Russian because half the players are Russians despite it being an EU server..

14. janpec1000

janpec1000 User

Thanks for the words above, answered my questiones the rest i had. Yes i am completly new, i played Rappelz before which is quite familiar to this game. Let me be clear: i do not mind grinding at all, i like to gring, especially if i can do it in duo or more, i dont care about MMOs that go straight from lvl 1 to 40 in 1 day to finish the world, i want the struggle and if it envolves to get in party thats especially it. Quests i dont care, i preffer party play if it gives more exp. Hopefully there is more after lvl 20, couse curently i am 15 and still on beginners island. Sadly there is no dungeons in classic, but maybe some parties non the less.

15. Opice

Opice User

There are some kind of dungeons in classic as well. Like Elven Ruins on Talking island. Perfectly fitting your level (if that is the "starting island" you mentioned). And in the next patch Catacombs will come afaik. Love them :)
    And even in this version are a few dungeons. If u will find a party u can visit them.. In case u will be playing alone as well.. You wanna stay in the open world :)
    Jan 27, 2016
    Btw. What class did u choose for the first lineage experience? (Dont forget to make class transfer quests :) )

16. Etuldan

Etuldan User

Some additional informations :
    dungeons in Lineage2 Classic are not instancied.
    Everyone could join at the same time. Rules are the same than 'outside' (PK/PvP/...)
    For some of them, there are teleporter (Elven Ruins, Cruma, ...), and for the other, entry is seamless (Ant Nest, Forgotten Temple, ...)

Dungeons in L2 are some area, under the ground (in general), with a roof and wall (so close areas), with 1 or 2 entry with the 'real world'. So ppl can 'lock' to entry.

17. janpec1000

janpec1000 User

i love that dungeons arent instanced, those are my best MMOs, ah i just dont get western mmos, east is my better setup even though that i am west eu player. Its just the logic behind it that i preffer.
    I have payed and played many MMOs, but Lineage setup and Kalonline i play for specific reason, that is opose of other MMOs. Any long term player of KalOnline will know my point emidetly.
    Thanks for your input man, in case if i didnt say above already i tend to be cleric/bishop...well healer to put it gently.

18. Etuldan

Etuldan User

Cleric is not a healer post lvl40. It's a good buffer, with some CC abilities. He has some of he old heals (learned before 40, but they won't scale with your mate pool HP, they can save their life, but not maintain your team full HP 24/7)

As healer, there are also Elven Elder (EE), and Shilien Elder (SE), which can also recharge mana. Their heal will be a bit under the bishop ones, but they have better buff.

If you plan to be a 'real' healer, Bishop is the best one ;)

All of healer class in L2 don't do real dmg (PvE & PvP after lvl20-30)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  19. Fragola

Fragola User

cleric is a class for 20-40, after 40 you have to become Bishop or Prophet. Bishop is the best healer and is a must in any party especially at higher levels.

20. Etuldan

Etuldan User

Oh, f***, I read "prophet" instead of "cleric", I should go sleep earlier yesterday ...

Fragola likes this.