1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPs a must now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ''Doh, Jan 27, 2016.

?

Your opinion about CP?

1. Constant parties are good and everyone should use it

2. Constant parties are not good

3. Constant parties are OK if they are not so strict

4. Other (will comment in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ''Doh

''Doh User

There seems majority of clans now use these so called constant parties. And in most of them I see the requirement to play minimum average hours (like 4 or more) and be in game like at work (on schedule). I wonder how many people can and want to go with CPs?

I for example simply can't do that, because I have other responsibilities and can't be in game every day at the same time etc. I wonder how other players cope with this? Do you like an idea of CP or you think old school approach (when you would create parties from what is online at that moment) is better, more convenient?

Maya Reinhartz likes this.
  2. JohnVanDamme

JohnVanDamme User

no im level 45, i box my prophet because im a loner.

3. MaxMustermann

MaxMustermann User

So how much do you get paid for 4 hours a day? Since this is your 2nd job.

No seriously, its ******** and its sad to see that this game reached "a lvl of professionality" that I never wished to see...

useskill group waste of life...

4. gino2323

gino2323 User

yea it's sad..
    Cp's are ruining the game..
    I like the oldschool way, 1 big clan making them self party's whenever people are online.
    ruski's are ruining everything :p

5. Madheisen

Madheisen Banned

Well the old school way is convinient to us who have things to do but then again a lot of countries are going through crises, work related, which explains a bit why people are being able to play so much and make those kinds of cps.
    Russians... Obivously they're smart, they know the state of their country so finding the best way to earn extra cash is a must, if you search for a private lineage 2 server now a days 9 out of 10 is russian to earn donations, close the server after a month and repeat, thefore those 24/7 cp's happening, back in the day you wouldn't see such things from any european country, only the KR's were pulling these kinds of stunts.

This is my opinion though.

''Doh likes this.
  6. JohnVanDamme

JohnVanDamme User

whats the difference between a CP and a solo player? they are both "wasting" their time according to your logic. im having fun so i dont think im wasting my time, this game isnt overly hard to exp in, i dont really fight for to many spots ill just go exp somewhere else

There are clans, like mine who dont run CP's - all is not lost.

7. Carpet HQ

Carpet HQ User

-why ppl want to have a cp? Cuz it's not supposed to be a lonely game, but teamplay. How can you aquire items like epic jewels etc later, solo them? What about the pvp feature of this game, huh?
    -why NOT to invite random ppl from party matching? A little organisation never hurt nobody. Can you guess how many times i cursed that i got a random ruining my party, cuz either speaking w/e language, doing his stuff, or simply noob? Imagine the life of a solo warcryer that every day tries to find/make a random pt for xp...geez.

Most of us play this game for 10years+. By now you should know how essential cps are, especially if you want to play on a competitive lvl (don't tell me: I play classic for the nostalgia etc). It's a natural instict to win something more, or move one step forward. :Coffee:

MrpeG likes this.
  8. Wiesior

Wiesior User

*Other (will comment in thread)

CP is not the problem. Problem is account sharing and exp characters 24/24/7. From one side forbidden by EULA, from other I do not see any consequences for this.

9. ah_99

ah_99 User

Exactly, I would write the same thing.

Let's imagine, the account sharing is not present. What will be do const parties?
    They will seek the players with needed classes at the clan, alliance, friendlist, partymatching etc. It will game as earlier. At the moment, several players load full const party boxes and themselves grinding mobs without contacts with gameworld. It is not MMO, it is autism.

Leckter likes this.
  10. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

It's basically comes down to what you can offer and what you want to have in the game.

CPs are definitely the most efficient way to level up, gear yourself and just overall progress your character in a quicker manner, your progress is made as a group which usually means the prioritization of gear will also make your CP able to clear relatively hard content(for their level) earlier on and so forth.

The old school approach is more like playing as part of a community, you get to know more people than just your CP members and actually try out different party setups and learn to cope with not always having a perfectly efficient group. It's definitely slower and more loose when it comes to speed of progression.

Ask yourself what you want from the game.

I, personally, got tired from playing in a CP and decided to start my own old school-oriented clan, Yatagarasu.

Carpet HQ likes this.
  11. ah_99

ah_99 User

ofc, it is so clear. But I mean that CPs are just a set of boxes when account sharing is present. Where a lot of different drivers using these boxes. These drivers do not seek alive players (in online) with a needed class in clan, alliance, friendlists when anyone is absent in primetime CP. They just load required box. So CPs are a virtual instances which do not connected with others active players. In case when CP need a new characters they just leveling a new char. Unfortunatly, new players are not involve to active life server. Account sharing is evil for Lineage2. Pro players should connected with newbies and they should show by self an example how to reach goals in the game. Just pro players play in his game, while newbies&players without CP play their.

vvhitevvizard likes this.
  12. Rudyy

Rudyy User

Faster or slower if u wont quit on higher lvl or wont play solo with 2 boxes on back u will be in something like cp cuz u will keep playing with same ppl cuz of lvl range. Also srsly i dont get how ppl dont see that its not possible to play without acc share to make a normal progress cuz for example u miss healers or ol u are f**ked up cuz u have to waste time for looking for one and with overlord is almost impossible and for mage cp is class must to be. Also when ppl will rais lvl there wont be so easy to find all classes that are missing.

U can play solo but if u want to reach something lile on this server u have to play with cp. In other case u will stay always in the shadow in late game

13. ah_99

ah_99 User

You are right completely. Because account sharing is present. Many people see a nolife pro players which reach their goals with account sharing and thinking that it is right... but that's not right. It crashes a true idea of Lineage2 where every player evolve his characters.
    Are you know why CPs have many problems exactly with healer, buffers? It is the price paid for CP's account sharing. Players know that their characters load in boxes and they do not continue active play for them. They do not need to strive for goals and evolve his character. After that they quit.

14. Carpet HQ

Carpet HQ User

The more you play this game, the easier to see why acc sharing is necessairy. Heck, if they forbid it, they might as well allow 1 acc per IP.
    Yes, top cps abuse acc sharing and advance a little too fast in the game, but why the drama? I say gz to them.
    ''Let's cry for what we can't/don't have the time to do too.''
    That's what it sounds like. :Unsure:
    Honest opinion.

15. ''Doh

''Doh User

Agree with you. I think CPs are bad because it is like vicious circle. Everyone is divided in their CP and even if they are not online, others will just box them. The idea to have players that level up together is good, but if someone is not online, it should not use account sharing and instead find a replacement (just look for who else is online in clan). Later that player that missed CP would just look for other players that are online in clan, alliance or in LFP and would form his own party.

This is just my opinion, but I think it is more natural and does not make players living bots as I call those 24/7 players that go in shifts with account sharing or whatever.

16. Orcoso

Orcoso User

CPs are the "smart" way to play this game, it makes the game easier on every aspect.

Clan leaders no longer have to keep track of every single member in their clan, they just see how the party is doing, and give items, epics, etc to that party and they do as they see fit.

If one player has a temporary real life situation which will prevent him from playing for like a week, the account sharing will help him staying on the same level of his party.

It allows people to xp efficiently, always in group and on the good spot, if pvp comes, they can defend themselves.

CPs party will guarantee to have a stack group for any event they wish to attend, sieges, raids, pvps etc.

But yea, it kinda kills the game for the people that don't have a CP or don't like that play style.

This CP system will kill the population in the long run.

17. Carpet HQ

Carpet HQ User

Why? Worked pretty nice last 3-4 servers i played.

18. Orcoso

Orcoso User

And this post right here is the mentality of today's players...

Server hoppers, that is how free servers do it...

19. Norz!

Norz! User

The OP is very poorly worded imo.

Are "CPs a must" for what, exaclty? To be competitive? Yes. Otherwise, no.

Are they "good" ? Again, good for what? To be competitive ? Yes, to have fun? For your real life ?

20. Carpet HQ

Carpet HQ User

What does? the fact that you disagree with me? I'd say this is the mentality and quality of today's forum trolls.
    Oh well, we get used to them after a while :)
    btw u could tell us more about your gameplay. Ah right, I saw somewhere that you're bragging about botting.
    ty vm