1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reason why this game will be taken by bots soon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nixeth, Feb 2, 2016.

?

MUCH bigger report limit and less restriction if bot gets killed?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
    54.3%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    45.7%
  1. Nixeth

Nixeth User

It turns out, that there is no point in being "sheriff" here, in L2 Classic. Just killed 2 bots, reported them, but:

- my reputation is -1400 now, great... it will take hours to make it to 0 level now
    - there is limit for only few reports on account

Innova, really?!?? If you forbid people from doing anything to help make this community better, where's point of reanimating this game? History is repeating itself, L2 will get to the same point where it was years ago, but now you want us to pay for this every month. Smart move.

2. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

I'm pretty sure the limit gets replenished as time goes by/cases are looked into.

Stun them instead, PKing them does little to stop it.

3. vagelaras

vagelaras User

if they have a buffer with them like "topshop in executions it's hard to kill them by stun. 3 ppl tried to kill this bot (1pp, 1sp , 1 crafter) and we couldn't because buffer was hi lvl and keep healing him until mp dry out and they just sit down, no aggro monster there (he was away from the trees for this reason). I saw him the last tree days xping and spoiling all along.

4. Jadey

Jadey User

Bots are getting banned every day. Bothunters need to inspect properly every case, and it is done manualy - that is why it takes so much time. Unless they are actually botting when checked, they might even not get banned, but if they do get caught - all of the accounts they have and charaters get banned.
    I guess the limitation is there to avoid people throwing random reports at everyone.

5. Strenki

Strenki User

2 bots running in sea of spores for week, they are reported for week and nothing changed, they are still there, still online and still killing mobs ...
    Innova is doing nothing to ban them. Their actions are very slow and not good enough :(

6. Chlastacz

Chlastacz User

I bet they got tons of reports to check because ppl give em away like crazy. Couple of days ago i got reported by a dude that i killed coz he was red. He said hes reporting me and after a few minutes of swearing in my name he just soe to town. I BET there are A LOT of cases like that. The best solution would be just to improve security so that the bot cant be used (dont work). But i dont know if that can be done.

Anyway the number of bots dropped - You can see that.

The trick is not to think about it so much and just enjoy the game !! I know i am. Only 37 lvl on main and 35 on buffer but enjoying every minute of the game thus some of those russian players can be annoying and rude xD

fodemhouse likes this.
  7. Jadey

Jadey User

There is no 100% protection against bot, since the bots get updated constantly and adapted to certain servers.

8. TracerMaster

TracerMaster User

They might be botting, but with 100s of bots going and they have to manually check each one. They might be reported, they might even actually be botting which im sure they are, but if when they are checked someone is live on the account. They have no actually right to ban them so they move onto the next case till that bot gets enough reports and then it's put into a queue which would get investagated later on.

9. eXistenZ _

eXistenZ _ User

Another thread with the same subject. Dont you get tired doing that? just play the game witch is not like the one you describing by any means. game is just fine. it has some bots but ok. are few, fewer than any other l2 server and it seems that innova is trying more than ncwest. Train the bots and dont create drama without reason

fodemhouse likes this.
  10. recka

recka User

and he has infinity mana no? just slap who ever he is healing to drain his mana faster and then stun him to let mob drain last lil bit mana/hp

11. JohnVanDamme

JohnVanDamme User

It takes you "hours" to clear 1400 karma?? Wtf you using the starter weapon? Seriously takes me max 15 minutes to clear duo with my buffer..

Also thanks for another cry thread, we needed another one

12. Rytfield

Rytfield User

Sting can also be of help against botters

13. Gabe rzo

Gabe rzo User

1400 karma ? thats so much... to bad i dekarma 11k karma in less then 2 hours at mobs

14. ValidUsermane

ValidUsermane Banned

Believe me- you don`t want to play on a server without bots. There would be almost no "normal" economy, if u want to craft weapon you would need to spoil all your mats, no chance to buy them on market, also forget selling something in such a short time, less bots= less adena on the market. Go ask any friends that played on private low rate servers if it was possible to craft something without making second spoiler char. Bots were and will be huge part of lineage 2, you just need to know how to use them to your advantage. Oh and you can`t train bot with high lvl support, he is exping at your spot? In old days you only needed to pm bot and ask nicely to leave the spot for you, believe me, bots dont want trouble too.

15. Mast3rplan

Mast3rplan User

i already read this stupid thing about "we need bots"..
    maybe u can consider that ppl wants to play a server where u have to spoil,etc as a 1x should be,as this server should be.
    if u dont want this,choose other server ,many private dont need hard farm or spoil,or say u like bots,anyway we'll never be free from them,but dont try to give this ridicolous explanations..

Jojo44k likes this.
  16. albers

albers User

It doesnt work, yesterday i tried to stun 5 bots in dwarwen region. They just force relog... and back to farming...

17. Traygard

Traygard User

What BS!!