1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archers pvp + pve

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Maniex, Feb 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Maniex

Maniex User

1)I started playing here with 2 friends. 2 archers and 1 prophet.
    I admit I was a private server scrub :D so leveling was never a problem, but now I could use some advice for leveling spots.

We have been leveling in AC for a while and are now lvl 29 and start feeling this place is no longer good to xp.

Could someone advice me on some good locations to xp with this party setup (2 archer + PP)?

2) I remember archers being very good in pvp, but after the kamael update.. not so good anymore..
    I know archers need buffs to be good (and now we only have lvl 29 cleric buffs) but yesterday we even got rekt by 2 dwarves in pvp, which got me thinking.. How good are they in classic?

2. Orcoso

Orcoso User

cruma and forgotten temple should be alright

3. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

2) Well, if you get stunned in small pvp, you lost, unless the other guy is an utter *****, regardless of your class or his. Archers are good in full parties, because, unlike other classes, they take advantage from almost every song/dance they get. But if you only have PP, mages are better, glads/tyrants probably too, hell, maybe even daggers if they can avoid stunshot.

1) Good spots to grind 30-40 are cruma marshland, breka stronghold, garden of beast, deathpass, hardin's academy, plains of lizardman, in that order, Wasteland is also good, and much less contested by other parties.
    With active PP, however, you want monsters to be as close together as possible to avoid wasting time on running/waiting for respawn. FT might work for that, but in my experience it is more trouble than it's worth. Eventually you will move to CT.

4. Maniex

Maniex User

Thanks for the advice.
    We have been to cruma marshland and breka stronghold already but found the mobs are too spread out and we have 2 top D bows so we kill them pretty fast. So like you said also we are looking for a spot with mobs of the same "strength" or maybe just a little stronger but much closer together. I will try the other spots you suggested!

And I agree stun is ****** up at the moment.. it's actually the only remark I have about this classic server up until now.
    As for the buffs we hope to find some friends or clan later down the road so yeah i'm really talking about the damage of archers full buffed. Is this the same as in C1- Interlude or more like after the kamael update (where in my opinion they sucked dmg wise)?
    Maybe it's too early to ask this questions since not many people may be at this level yet. But maybe someone that played on RU server knows about this :)

5. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

Well, you don't have CoV nor cat buff, yet, but then again neither do mages. Just don't expect to one-shot everything with 50% chance.
    As for farm, with good equip you will probably end up farming in PoL (pink), or maybe north part of DP (yellow).

6. Orcoso

Orcoso User

There aren't many spots for 35+, what people usually do is duo on the 2x hp mobs in plains of lizardmen or make bigger groups to cruma or alligator island.

Damage wise, archers are good on pvp until resist shock. After that is a gamble, stun lands almost 100%, so unless the mage crit on the first hit, as soon as your stun lands, game is over for the mage.

On a high lvl 9v9 mages usually wins a lot. With all the healing, full buffs and +12wit tats, mages usually rule over anything.