1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warlock Dyes

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Tykri, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Tykri

Tykri User

I really don't like playing as a nuker, so will be going light/duals at 40. With this in mind I am trying to decide what dyes to run. I have a box buffer WC I'm leveling as well. here are the options I'm considering.

-15 int / +12 wit
    Gives me the cast speed, and I'm not going to be nuking so losing the int does not matter to me.

-15 int / +12 men
    Less downtime due to better regen, strongly leaning this direction
    -15 str / +12 con
    more of a later choice, mainly for pvp. Honestly not sure it would be worth doing. Loss in pattk with already low str may be detrimental as I plan on fighting along side summon.

-15 str / +12 Dex
    other main option I am considering, seems like more this would be more beneficial to my summoner play style, also would alleviate some of my awful run speed as human caster.

Maya Reinhartz likes this.
  2. FatDorf

FatDorf User

Dex does not affect run speed.

+wit, or a combo of +wit and con the other options are terrible

3. Tykri

Tykri User

qq, forgot dex no longer affects run speed.

4. Orcoso

Orcoso User

Rerolling would be the best way to go

Nativ likes this.
  5. tyntas

tyntas User

Really depends on what you want from your summoner.. And since your choosing a summoner - dont expect to pvp much, or at least to contribute in much dmg with it.

Full wit - you will have to keep casting until your nuke becomes inaffective, forget the duals in this case and get the best m.atk weapon u can afford.

Full men - well, not sure why you would do so, as a summoner your downtime is really small and with a boxed buffer it should be even lower. I, personally, as a PS, can go on non stop solo without any buffs on x2hp mobs just fine, so it all depends on the mobs you choose to grind.

Full con - does, in rare cases, help in pve and as you said yourself its best for pvp, but again, as a summoner your roll in pvp will be less and less important the higher your lvl gets. At 40+ you still can use your nuke, but later on you will be switching to a melee weapon.

Full dex - prolly would work the best (though, personally, i would not reccomend going FULL with it, get a PL set add +8dex -10str and be done with it) if your weapon of choise would be a dagger.. If our summons would have shots going +str & a bow would be another option as well, but as it is now - str is only half effective without shots, so even with the bonus from spirit sharing it wouldnt be as good as it could be. Also, cursed maingauche works wonders right now since theres no SA ingame until you can get a crystal dagger.

Btw, if your planning to pvp (1vs1, small scale as well, doubt youll be of much use in zerg vs zerg fights) - you will have to get a bow anyway (once your nuke becomes inaffective).

Also, dont pay any mind to the trolls posting here - theres plenty of them in this forum. Just play the class you love and youll get far with it.

6. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

If you wanna play a summoner, do yourself a favor and drop the buffpet.
    Better yet, reroll the dual box to DD pet on clicker.

For dyes, get as much +WIT -INT as you're comfortable with, then go +CON -DEX/STR the rest. Get blunt if you go -DEX. Actually, get blunt anyway.

Or you can go robe/bow, but -DEX is not an option then.

7. Tykri

Tykri User

Thanks for the encouragement and actually useful opinions. I love playing summoner, would never think of playing anything else.

I am actually considering dagger now after your post, it was being floated as one of my options to begin with. I also totally agree that the bow will be needed later as well.

Actually rerolled the box to a PP since the benefits of the extra buffs from PP outweigh the VR from WC. The benefits of a buffer 40+ for a mostly solo play style far outweigh having a DD as the box.

8. Mr_Kzimir

Mr_Kzimir User

I love when two of my clannies argue in the same topic :3

9. Berserkr

Berserkr User

+8 wit untill 44, you play similar to a necro with lvl 35 nuke. the advantage is kat the cat recharges you with more mana, 109 atm at lvl 40. another advantage, resummon pets unlimited so unlimited mana if you afford it. cubix at low lvl are kinda useless, except for wind cubic that maybe hits for 200 dps just to do a last hit on mob maybe.

with karmian 800 cast speed with acumen 2 zerk 1.

you can regen mana pretty fast with btm and cat recharge(remember you get lvl in kat the cat more than normal nukers that stop at 35) untill 44+ when your 35 skill becomes useless against mobs. (ps: you need a buffer in dual just for heals and buffs, heals mainly for btm transfer)

after that go duals, blunt, dagger, your choice.

with summons atm the best way to xp without the well needed pet soulshots is on green mobs 1x, it's slower but bare in mind that you can xp without ss. mainly you dont really need a weapon, only thing is a karmian set for pet heal, so 1 mil adena should cover your expenses for a long time to go.

jewels are so so, you don't really need more than d grade untill lvl 50+ if you don't aggro yourself and let the pet tank.

so minimum investment fun class to play, forget pvp maybe untill you are the same lvl as your target, with clannies in party and hope to land a para cubic on someone.

atm lvl 40+ with a pp on dualbox.
    Feb 16, 2016

-int+wit dyes are not available on mages as far as i know, as i remember, maybe on this server it works.

10. Berserkr

Berserkr User

-int+wit after some research it seems it works on summoners, not on healers and mages tho. so a -10 int +8 wit will be of for cast speed as warlock dont really have debuffs that need to be casted after 40, only those lower than 40 that are kinda not landing on high mobs anyway.

so as expenses, 1.2 mil for dyes ultill 44, +8 wit -10 men, after that those can be transfered after removal towards +4 wit - 5 men to the buffer for faster buffs or resold. another 1.2 mil investment in +8 wit - 10 men for long run untill 75. you can also do +4 con if intrested in some hp and stun resist maybe.

if you play with a support buffer that is a se or ee, is ok as you dont need haste buff book for you summoner as it already has haste buff for pet, don't know atm if you need to farm one or is free to learn, will repost after ill make 44.

11. nuuub

nuuub User

Goshhh. No single good tip for summoner on low rates.
    That guy who advice bow for spirit sharing win "troll of the day" price. Servitor share (skill thats extend servitor p atc by 50% of master p atc) it's on 83 lvl.
    About dyes. Best setup at the moment is:
    +4 con -5 str / +4 wit -5men and later around 55+ you are seitching for +4 wit +4 men -10 int.
    Gear as nuker until 52, later bw light + duals/dagger/blunt. Depends of playstyle. After they add SA, good weapon with health, and any C gr with acumen.
    And prey for all the gods to implement beast ss as fast as possible ;)

12. Grubiorz

Grubiorz User

This post just made me laugh so freaking hard. Thank you.

Don't troll. Some people might actually take it as a valid advice.
    Do you even play on classic and are aware what is and what isn't implemented here?

Apocalypsa likes this.
  13. Fragola

Fragola User

the only books you need for summoners are spirit sharing (useless, don't waste too much on it) and cubics.

I played as nuker until 45+ and was fine both in light set (where mobs go melee on you) or Karmian (where they don't reach you) with SE as a box.