1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heavy or light?

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by McClane, Feb 14, 2016.

1. McClane

McClane User

Hi everyone. After a long journey with a spoiler, i've decided to go for a main, so i chose a Tyrant. Currently lvl 25, feels very nice farming and pvping (in full D tough). My question is, for now and for the future. It is better to wear a heavy armor for bonuses like hp and p.def instead of light, that i have mastery on?

2. Quaak

Quaak User

Heavy all the way. The plus in Pdef is way better then the things you get with light armor mastery.
    Considering you also have a spoiler who profits from a heavy set you can use it on both.
    For c grade theres a tougher choice cuz Plated Leather set gives +STR which is really good.
    For everything after C grade id still go heavy. Might change in saviours patch but thats still some time away.

McClane likes this.
  3. McClane

McClane User

Thank you very much for your feedback.

4. mapexfalcon

mapexfalcon User

Lineage 2 is like high school - someone says some s*** and everyone starts quoting him:
    You have a mastery for a reason man, if I were you I'd do some testing:

Currently Manticore Set sells in MDT almost @ crystal price - get one and go do some grinding to feel it for yourself.
    If it goes the wrong way, sell it, break it, do whatever, you'd lose from 50k adena to a night or 2 leaving your char @ MDT on sale.

Brigandine is obviously the choice for a heavy set and investing in one shouldn't be a problem,
    since as Quaak said above - you have a spoiler who can use it as well.

But please man, do the testing for yourself - currently 90% of the idiot archers run with a Brigandine even though most mobs can't catch them
    before going down and a Manticore set would give them the so much needed mana. And a lot of them even have a SE/PP box who can heal them......

5. SweetDreamZ

SweetDreamZ User

6. Orcoso

Orcoso User

Go heavy all the way.

I wen't heavy at D grade, and C grade bought a PL set for the +4 STR, it sucked, would take way too much damage, quite impossible to solo. So I sold it and got a heavy set instead. Was a pretty good decision hehe and if it ever gets to B grade, will do bw heavy.

SweetDreamZ likes this.
  7. McClane

McClane User

Oh, thanks a lot for your advice.

8. ''Doh

''Doh User

This is fail at ncsoft side, that light armor sucks so much. Even with mastery it is not worth it (maybe except for plated set bonus). Other than that there is no reason to go light, because evasion sucks (which should be useful by using light armor). I can use ultimate evasion, have light armor and still mobs hit almost like I have no evasion buff (one or two random misses).

9. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

Well if you read the descriptions carefully, when you run out of SP, you'll find out that ALL of the masteries ****, except lvl1. Generic weapon mastery @ lvl 44 sps adds 1 (yes, one) m.atk/p.atk, for 87k SP. Yay.

10. ''Doh

''Doh User

Well yes they are not that good. But mages for example do not need to wear heavy armor (or use bow etc), just because their mastery sucks. Only light armor classes need to switch to other type of armor.

I think if evasion would work better, it would be kind of OK to use light armor, but when it evasion does not matter, their is no need for light armor.

11. SweetDreamZ

SweetDreamZ User

bloody hell i would laugh so hard and start singing if i ever see a Tyrant evade an arrow from a Archer :D