1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orc Shaman armor and weapon for duo exp with orc monk

Discussion in 'Questions and Info' started by Anakin, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Anakin

Anakin User

Hello I have a question about best way to gear up my shaman and the question is what ppl's prefer for shamans...heavy,light or robe? and what kind of weapon I should use?:Geek:

2. Madheisen

Madheisen Banned

I'd get a bow or a blunt as weapon, since you're only there to buff might as well profit with a little damage,
    Armor I would go with robe, to reach 40 you'll take a really long time and since you might be invited to parties, the robe will help you cast your skills better and with more mp for heals and curses.

3. Anakin

Anakin User

I'll try bow / blunt mid grade thx anyway ;)

4. ValidUsermane

ValidUsermane Banned

Weapon is totally unnecessary and armor= robes is best, but it depends on your playstyle.

If u have alot of adena then you can go heavy armor + blunt- you can easily solo farm green/white mobs using soulshots and melle attack, using only heal from time to time, fastest exp possible.
    If you prefer to play in parties or dont have much adena, weapon is useless because in solo farming you can use poison that have nice landrate even with basic weapon, and robe for mana + cast speed (thats what Im doing now, run out of mana every 10min so I can take a healthly break)
    From lvl 20-25 you have poison that lands almost all the time one shotting mobs with max lvl 25.
    From 25-30 you have aoe poison, so you can look for aoe mage parties in ab/ob/ph.
    From lvl 30 you get lvl 2 poison so you can again 1 shot mobs with max lvl 35 (beyond that poison have lower landrate).
    Lvl 35+ you either get aoe mage parties (lvl 2 aoe poison at 35) or normal parties since you have might/shield lvl2 and quite nice heals

5. Orcoso

Orcoso User

lol bow is bad...

If you are duoing with a melee get fists and heavy, you can use your soul cry to increase your damage.

6. SweetDreamZ

SweetDreamZ User

some background info would have been nice.
    What u plan on doing with that Shaman ? is it gona assist the monk in dealing dmg or is it just gona be a buffer that does Life rescue to heal the monk ?

If assisting i suggest Light+melee blunt+shield, if its a buff/heal box. Devotion ng set should be enough it gives also 15% cast speed which helps alot to cast the heals. for weapon same thing shield+blunt

so the difference is in the armor type u choice. Light or Robes. tbh imo u should need to be assisting the Tyrant. just invest the extra adena on a big Top Fist and u shall be fine. We Tyrants are one of the best Close Combat fighters.

7. Orcoso

Orcoso User

Get ready for a wall text!

I have leveled both, a warcryer to 40+ and a tyrant to 40+ also.

I didn't level them together tho.

The Shaman, was nice till 35 I managed to solo with a lowbie weap + devotion set and a using flame. It is slow as hell. But it is cheap and doable. I would hop on parties whenever I could. 35-40 Solo was nearly impossible with flame and I was forced to duo/party all the time. I had a devotion set, low d weap and the quest D grade heavy armor, that I would wear when mobs agroed me and stuff.

Now the Monk, this one lvled way faster. It will need heals, lots of heals after 35 if you are still with the lvl 25 quest armor. I got for it the heavy armor also, since light armor is worthless if you are not an archer, evasion and VR don't work, so melees with light = bad.

The way I would do that duo is. Monk obviously with fists and heavy armor, shaman with a devotion set and fists, then you get the heavy from the quest for when things gets out of control. The fists on the shaman, are way better than the blunt, it has just as much accuracy and you will deal more damage, if you need to stun, just switch to a club.

So just assist the monk with robes on and wear the devotion since you will be healing quite a bit. If anything, equip the heavy set.

8. Giposaur

Giposaur User

In my case (I also duo with monk) - I took light quest armor and cursed maingauche since we fought mainly x2 mobs and it worked great. I had enough mp to heal him and buff (he was wearing brig armor tho).

9. Anakin

Anakin User

I chose robe and my monk friend took heavy but i think about top and mid grade fists its worth to buy 1top fists from shop for monk only? Or mid fists for me and monk?

10. Orcoso

Orcoso User

You can use the cursed maingauche on the shaman, it is a pretty nice idea.

But there is no reason to pick robe for a shaman, it is not like you gonna need the pdef and the cast speed from devotion is a big help.

Also, light d grade set for any class is a waste. Even after lvl 40 if you are not an archer you will be forced to go heavy