1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request your own experiment!

Discussion in 'Experimentarium' started by Tully, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Tully

Tully Innova Group

[​IMG]

Our Experimentarium team is happy to announce that we are starting to accept requests from our Classic server community. A few words for those who are new to our concept.

If you've always wondered about how numbers work in certain game mechanics or what effect a certain action produces, feel free to request an experiment in this thread. Please follow this form of request submission:

Experiment: What do you want to test?
    Question: What would you like to know?
    Reason: Why do you want to test this (specify the rumors, ideas and theories regarding the subject and your own assumptions if you have any)

A small clarification. We do accept most interesting experiments according to our available resources which means we won't be able to accept every single experiment request. To make your experiment interesting for the others and accomplishable for our team at the same time make sure it suits the following standards:

• Experiment goals and steps are explained clearly in details
    • Experiment concerns a narrow part of game mechanics
    Bad example: Please check all the drop/spoil rates of monsters in Dragon Valley. What is the most effective farming strategy there?
    Good example: Please test the influence of SRT and DEX on certain Tyrant skills crit rate. Which of these parameters has a greater influence if they have any?

If you are still not sure whether your requests will be suitable, check our L2 main version Experimentarium section for examples.

This thread is only for request submission, not for discussion. You can discuss experiment requests here.

RimtasKentas, -hvg-, EdwardVB and 5 others like this.
  2. VALERl

VALERl User

Experiment: number of target that take "agression aura" and range.
    Question: Is the number of target's and range increases by lvl increase? and what number of target it touch?
    Reason: on 1st lvl of "agression aura" it have very narrow range, and littte nuber of target, but on lvl 3 ( 1st and 3 lvl learn on 40 lvl) it have more range and number of target.
    It's very intresting on what lvl it increase and how much number of target it takes.

3. xTigrisx

xTigrisx User

Experiment: Attribute System
    Question: Does having any attribute on you (like those from holy weapon buff/dance of light etc) gives you any bonus damage agaisnt targets that are NOT weak agaisnt said element?
    Question: How much damage does It give you 20/40/60.. attribute agaisnt a target that is weak(or not) to the attribute you are using agaisnt him?
    Question: If a monster or a player has a high ressistance to holy element for example (let's say 40) and you are attacking him with 20 holy element...would you do the damage you normally do (the damage you would do without element) or would you make even less damage ( -X%) than you normally do? (this was the case of Hellbound Chronicle).
    Reason: Basic game knowledge that we all should know in PvP/PvE and future updates.

Ysefir likes this.
  4. a1reyu_

a1reyu_ User

Hello Tully!

Experiment: The chance of successfully completing the skills such as : backstab/deadly blow for dagger classes.

Question: How does exactly it is works? I mean mechanics of it.

Reason: I think for most of people who playing on dagger classes - will be interesting to know, because we can easy notice, that in many situations character could missing 3of5 backstabs exactly in spine of enemy. Before l2C I have never seen such awful chance for blow skills :)

Thank you for attention.

Could you please specify test conditions? What variables should we use during experiment?

Tully

5. SweetDreamZ

SweetDreamZ User

Heya Tully :D

Experiment: Tyrant Focused Force damage difference

Question : I would like to know how much each Focused Force adds % wise to the Tyrant Skill Hurricane Assault . From Focused Force Charge 1 up to Charge 7

Test: Tyrant Loading 7 Charges of focused Force, use Hurricane Assault upon Player 2, Repeat with 6 Charges repeat with 5 charges repeat with 4 charges till you reach 1 charge.( Also plz do not take into consideration skill crit upon using Hurricane Assault ) i would like to know how much each Focus force adds % wise upon skill use without the Skill crits counting in.

Reason: There has been alot of discussions about this on Forum and i just wanted to get clarification that it isnt as bad as people mentioned.

Thanks Tully

6. -hvg-

-hvg- User

Experiment: Character stats specific % increases from DYE Tattoo.

Question : I would like to know what is the % value that we get from DYE Tattoo's like adding +1 STR = how much % P atk. it gives. +1 CON (how much HP% , Weight %, Stun Resist %, other effects %) and so on...

Test: Add dyes on characters that can use them and confirm status increase :D i have no other idea how this can be tested since normal client just gives hp,atk/cast speed values but not mental resist, abnormal state values.

Reason: Since classic has some things changed over all, I would like to see how stats work now so i know what to expect in building my character and so everyone can find out the most valuable status for their characters.

Thank you for your time!

Stun Resist % depends on too many factors. Test can be conducted only with dramatic increase of stats, which can't be achieved with tattoos.
    Also please specify "other effects"

Tully

Ysefir likes this.
  7. Mr_Kzimir

Mr_Kzimir User

Experiment : Max number of targets for the following skills : Spoil Festival / Spinning Slasher / Thunder Storm / Quick Spear & Regular Pole attacks

Question : What is the maximumnumber of targets affected by Pole and Pole related skills

Test : Pull various size of mobs groups until you reach the limit of target affected by each skills.

Reason : Since c3 , pole related skills and Vampiric Rage have been nerf multiple times. As for today it's hard to determine exactly what are the maximums target for each of one theses skills.

Thank you for helping a fellow dwarf :)

Anderaos likes this.
  8. Nickmgs

Nickmgs User

Experiment : How STR Dyes effect skill critical rate (Gladiator class).

Question : I would like to know what is the % value that we get from +12 STR From Dyes at Gladiator class..

Test: Add dyes on Gladiator character and hit 500 skills (use Triple Sonic Slash ) with +12 str and w/o dyes..

Reason: I would like to see how stats work now so i know what to expect in building my character.

Thank you

9. ''Doh

''Doh User

Experiment : How stun land rate works in Lineage 2 classic.

Question : I would like to know what are variables of stun landing rate and how much each of it is important (like how much CON you have, stun type (doing damage vs non damage), level of skill vs target level, stun resist buffs etc.)

Test: Test stun chance land rate with different setups: use stun skill on target with low CON, no stun resists. And then use same stun skill on target with high CON (no stun resists buffs and then with stun resists buffs).

Reason: I want to know if any of variables have any noticeable difference in stun landing rate, because now it seems like stun lands at 99% no matter what.

Due to the fact that your request contains too many variables our team has chosen CON and stun resistance buffs for the experiment.

Tully

10. shurikpwnz

shurikpwnz User

Experiment: Samonas Check incorrectly attacks the mobs (mb and characters) being in the mob next pressing attack it why it runs to the other side and there begins to attack (could carry a couple of strokes during this time), when I agryu mob magic and direct in attack Samon Samon they run towards each other intersect for some reason do not hits, but just smorit (if character's would be something he would hit) I think there are similar problems. Question: Can I fix it? Test: during game Reason: I think samonery and so is not strong class seems to me such moments in pvp much decide. Please note, not much pleased when your forte this Samon, and he does not listen)

This issue is not a case for Experimentarium. If you suppose that some game mechanics work incorrectly or you've found a bug, please submit a ticket in support service and attach a link to the video. Also feel free requesting experiments in your native language in appropriate section.

Tully

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2016
  11. RapkaV

RapkaV User

Experiment: Drop/Spoil rates
    Question: I would like to know how works drop/spoil rates in your server, on what it depends with different levels of player and monsters. I would like to know all details if possible.
    Reason: For chose best way for leveling.

Thank you

Please specify your request. Such wide request is not accomplishable.

Tully

12. 0chk1

0chk1 User

Hello everybody!

Experiment: I want to test, how agression(agrocount) is calculated.
    Question: For the best I'd like to know the formula. I want to understand, whats is maximum agrocount lvl,how i can reach it, how fast does agression ends, the correlation between damage inflicted, or damage healed and agrocount on mob.
    And what does the power of agression skills mean? How i can understand the difference between 1000 agropower and 1500?

Reason: I want to make a perfect mob train.

Wish u give me the answer.
    Thanks a lot!

13. attack

attack User

Experiment: Enchanting rates

Question: What are chances to enchant +4,+5,+6, etc (all the existing enchants), what is the maximum enchant possible? Is there a difference between different weapon types to affect enchant rates?

Reason: Different people say different things, on top of it, any online info may not fit this server's numbers.

Thank you for your time!

Viktoras and Trium like this.
  14. Ysefir

Ysefir User

Question : Same kind of question here, but I'm also interested in the drawback of dyes, especially about Dex negative. Indeed mages can remove str or dex for con, and get quite an obvious choice if they want to touch their offensive stats with wit -men but fighters can not really do the same. With dex influencing less and less things, it looks more and more like the potential trash stat in my opinion

Test : Same as previously said, put dyes on character and post stats increases, but also decreases. I'm interested in Dex negative, but as someone else could be interested in anything else, maybe do it with all combinations of positive/negative stats so everyone can see for himself before buying any dyes.

Reasons : Dyes are quite a big change of stats, and it's important to know every aspect of this to increase each character efficiency

Anderaos likes this.
  15. itherus

itherus User

Experiment: Blow chance /Blow crit

Question:
    Is there any stat (dex or str) that affect on blow land rate and blow crit land rate on dagger class?

Reasons: ppl dont know nothing about daggers, what kind of dyes we should use.

sobek, _URGE_, KSERW and 1 other person like this.
  16. ''Doh

''Doh User

Experiment : How players position affects damage to mob/another player.

Question : How damage and critical chance is affect by players position compared to mob/another player if it is affected at all?

Test: Mob stands facing player. Shoot 100 hits to mob/another player. Then do the same, but target is now showing you back. Check how much damage is increased when shooting it in a back. And if critical chance is also increased (and by how much). Also if possible shoot target in a side (to see if does same damage like facing target front or back or does something in between).

Reason: It seems that when you shoot someone in a back it does indeed increase damage and it seems it crits a bit more often (or maybe I'm just imagining), but proper test would show how really it affects the damage and or crit chance.

17. Narmontas

Narmontas User

Experiment: STR / DEX modifier for dagger classes.

Question : Does Str effect : crit dmg regardless from p.atk , Does Dex affect blow land rate at all ? STR : modifier % skill critical rate.

Reasons : No data obtainable for dagger classes. People doesn`t have enough resources to do testings themselves. All is confusing Must have clarification how does dagger class works here.

Zodac and a1reyu_ like this.
  18. a1reyu_

a1reyu_ User

Hello again. Thank you for your attention.

Lets put my question this way : Does blow skills such as : backstab/deadly blow/mortal blow depend on DEX/STR parameter ? Does these blow skills depend on difference in level between two characters? Is it possible to take two characters same level and then, step by step increasing difference in lvl between them ; during that process - one character using Backstab (same with Deadly blow) exactly in spine to another ? Our of it - how many BackStabs have a success and how many has been failed? Is it possible to find somehow a formula (mechanics) of these skills? From what depend, say, Backstab - I know only one condition for BackStab - it is that enemy should stay back, but why in this case I could miss 3of5 BS as i said before?

Sorry if I have made it too complicated. Problem Is - that I dont know your possibilities for testing, I dont know basically what you can do and what you can`t do :)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    _URGE_ likes this.
  19. Sailence

Sailence User

Experiment: Damage increase from holy weapon and then stacking Dance of Light or other holy attributes to attack
    Question: What is the % of damage increase from adding holy weapon, then adding dance of light, another holy attribute, if it increases at all.
    Reason: Would be useful to know if blade dancers needs to dance of light or if only need holy weapon buff if no increase.

20. Scarecrow

Scarecrow User

Experiment : Crit chance from passive

Question : how much in % is the crit chance from each race/class (Archers auto attack) ? de / elv / human

Reason : Leveling a archer and the elf archer critting like hell and de not much. So what % is each Archer critting with full buffs / without dyes.