1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dagger^s class common thread.

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by a1reyu_, Feb 16, 2016.

1. a1reyu_

a1reyu_ User

Hello friends!
    I would like to offer you to share/discuss/questioning/whatever in this thread.
    I think that it is good idea to have one common thread in order to avoid spending great deal time trying to find info or answer on this forum. And another reason is - on L2C there is not so much players with dagger in hand :) So, lets be closer a bit to each other :)

image.jpeg

vagelaras and KSERW like this.
  2. Jarell

Jarell User

Hi I have a question about which dyes to use regarding a TH.

I've heard about something like 8 STR and +4 dex +4 con. It sounds pretty logic to me : 'con' is ok for both pvp/pve, but I'm not sure about 'dex', at least for our classic version I'm wondering if at the moment 'str' would be better and it doesn't seem 'dex' improves the blow chance so.. What your thoughts on it ? Thanks.

3. -hvg-

-hvg- User

Hey there!
    STR is very good on classic because you will have to grind a lot and your damage boost will increase your farming speed and reduce the farming cost in general. You can decrease your DEX if you want to have a boost in damage overall without decreasing your CON.

DEX is the most useless status at the moment since speed is no longer affected by DEX and Evasion seems to be more level based then actual numbers (same as stun).I evade in the same way with Brigandine set as i do with Manticore.

If you are very active in PVP during your grind I suggest you get +12 con -15 DEX for your TH. This set up grants you the highest HP pool you can get and the highest resist to abnormal states. Your skills damage is not affected at all and you can tank more then enough in any pvp. You don't lose a lot because of the -DEX since you have passive skills that boost everything that you lose from decreasing DEX. The only bad part about it is the lack of Accuracy due to -DEX. It dose not seem to matter on monsters tough , i farmed zones 10 lvls higher then me with a very small miss chance so it should be fine.

vagelaras likes this.
  4. Jarell

Jarell User

Thanks for the great answer hvg :)

5. Sweex

Sweex User

he forgot to add that -dex = -critical rate -atk speed, which makes u kill mobs slower which isnt really good either for PvE

Right now its either PvP or PvE dyes setup. PvP = +con or PvE -con

6. Grubiorz

Grubiorz User

The thing is in classic influence of -dex to your crit. chance and atk. speed is quite weak. You still get better dps going +str -dex then doing nothing.

For PVE I would put +str -con to the level that I find confortable regarding my health pool.
    And for other slots I would go +str -dex.

7. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

If you are comfortable with the idea of clumsy rogue, go -DEX it affects very little.
    For PvP go +CON, for PvE +STR. Any combination is ok as well.

8. tinc3

tinc3 User

I'm thinking of putting +4CON +8STR -dex on AW. For PvE mostly, and time from time for small pvp. any suggestions maybe?

9. Alexsaysz

Alexsaysz User

I feel sorry for everyone who chose dagger class.

10. fodemhouse

fodemhouse User

I feel sorry for every post above... And people still wonder why they miss 4 out of 5 blows....

I can see a lot of re-rolling soon...

I suggest Gladiator for your next char, it will have great result with your setups...

vagelaras and Scarecrow like this.
  11. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

Well people who ask these kind of questions, including me, will usually end up facestabbing people anyway :p

fodemhouse likes this.
  12. Tenpai

Tenpai User

The dagger class calls to us. and even tho it may be hard to level right now and skills may not land as much, we cant help but play these classes and it will be worth it in the end. Besides,we are all just gonna get Might Mortal SAs once they are implemented so its all gravy. Just gotta find the best way to level until that happens

personally im still going with a bow through C grade and going with a pp. I also dont really plan to pvp for a while still so not a big deal imo

13. Zstar

Zstar User

Anyone know if Dex affects skill land rate?

14. EdwardVB

EdwardVB User

You saying Might Mortal SA is coming out for sure? I haven't heard anything about this.

15. fodemhouse

fodemhouse User

Yes it Is... For almost all daggers

16. Scarecrow

Scarecrow User

we have 2016 and people still ask about dex and skill land rate....th lowest skill lands with blows and u guys will go - dex to make his land rate even more worse. but yeah go - 12 dex !
    str only works for gladis, tyr or destroyer. dex affects skill land rate from blows, skill crits from archer.

17. Jarell

Jarell User

Is it still correct on this L2 classic server ? If yes, have you done some tests or is there any official document, text form Innova which can confirm that ? Thanks.

18. Scarecrow

Scarecrow User

today was a pw 44 in arena and we tested his blows and hmm he landed around 70 % of his blows, sometimes 7 or 8 without missing. i have no % or data to show just some personal exp and the the th is just a missing mashine.

19. Jarell

Jarell User

Thanks to share that. Because I've noticed pretty much the same thing, I tried to go with -dex and the result was pretty bad. I didn't test it for a long time but most of my blows failed with -dex, so I've just removed my dyes for nothing now.

20. EdwardVB

EdwardVB User

Link me proof please.