1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THREAD OF THE WEEK: Innova's dillema

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gabe-, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Gabe-

Gabe- User

We've just hit the seven week mark of this server steady decline...

[​IMG]

On top of this, Innova has had allegations of co-operating with MadPro's adena selling company; taking bribes in exchange for protection. There have been rumors circulating for weeks now that only Innova-approved adena sellers can sell adena without risk of losing their characters or their customer's characters. I've spoken with many sources; including those operating MadPro's adena selling business who all seem to confirm these rumors.

To compound Innova's problem, they've also had a massive security breach which we do not know if it has or has not been resolved. Communication from Innova has been non-existant. I personally have been locked out of my account and Innova's silence over the whole security breach is this server's death knell.

2. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

While I agree communication from Innova on popular issues is almost non-existent I also think these forums greatly exaggerate the impact of these activities on the everyday player.

In short, I think you're pushing further people away rather than shedding light on controversial topics.

Your "on top of this" for a Lineage 2 server lowering its player-base after launch is hilarious by the way.

mapexfalcon likes this.
  3. Lexnena

Lexnena User

Be positive man, according to that chart, there are more players playing now than in June, July, August, September, October, November and 1st half of December... ALL TOGETHER

chess mate QQers!

4. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

I'm not defending anyone, but...
    [​IMG]
    or never happened

Having 2/3 of the initial activity after two months in EU is a little miracle actually.

And that "massive security breach" was not on Innova's part and also they did communicate that clearly enough.

Zodac likes this.
  5. Gabe-

Gabe- User

Two buddies of mine ran a small experiment; one bought from one of the sites being spammed by whisperers; the other through MadPro. Guess which one got a temp ban and had the adena removed? Not only that; I know of about 30 other players on Skelth in various clans that have all bought adena through MadPro sellers. To my knowledge, not a single one of them got adena removed or character banned.

6. Jadey

Jadey User

Your buddy got ban because the adena was probably obtained with the help of bot, which got tracked back to a character which got banned for botting .
    You can't prove RMT if the adena is legit. Maybe they are just really nice and give out stuff for free? Unlikely, but still possible. I guess that RMT with legit adena/stuff you can prove only if they buyer provides proof, but why would he do that if he would also get banned in that case?
    I have no idea who is selling what since I have never bought anything for real money (too poor QQ), but it's just the logic what I see behind that. Maybe not true, who knows.

7. Fragola

Fragola User

I've talked to Innova staff about RMT and they said that to prove RMT you need to show them transaction, proof that the character belongs to the one who sold adena/items//character. And guess what - both the seller and buyer will be punished. As the transactions are known only to them, it means noone can prove anything. Unless someone has done it on purpose to block the enemy somehow.

Which is also very unlikely to happen as everybody with a positive IQ will do it with toons, not mains.

As for some people who got blocked by buying adena from shouts/whispers - that was botted adena and it got blocked with the bot, because that is possible to track down and all the proofs are ingame.

I understand that these requirements for proving RMT are necessary or anybody who transfers money/items to a toon/friend will be under suspicion. And I've also seen what a try to fight RMT can do to a game (check BDO with non-existent economy and still ways to RMT), so I can't blame them here. Even if I'm angry at RMT as much as the other guy.

Ah, yeah, I'm Russian and someone on the forums said I can't talk about these things because of my nationality, but I haven't sold/bought a single adena/item/character on this server and those guys should just shut up.

Pringo likes this.
  8. Pringo

Pringo User

If i stop play and i trade you my ingame items, who knows that i am selling them?, only you and me.

If you buy adena from bot and bot get ban, they can follow the adena up to you and then ban you because they have proofs.

That's why ppl that buy from whispers/websites get banned, and ppl that buy from ingame players don't.

Stop with conspiracy theorys.

About server popilation in 7 weeks:

[​IMG]

And:

[​IMG]

vagelaras likes this.
  9. iboyanov

iboyanov User

When the RMT guy outlevels you, you know that this is not your silly utopic l2 c1 world, where you had lots of fun and grew to like this game :)

It's a new thing with new rules and policies, new game style and mostly just new people and goals. Kinda like why you don't see many senior citizen's proffesional dota 2 teams at the tournaments.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2016
  10. Jadey

Jadey User

Just curious - when did you start to play here? I mean, how are you level 21? A friend of mine started 10 days ago and he is 27...

11. vagelaras

vagelaras User

I must inform you out there , that these information aren't much safe. Yeap it is something but it is inaccurate, everyone with common sense can see that.... If you check , for example see....
    Average peak online weekly (Shillien)

16.06-22.06 = 1125 online
    23.06-29.06 = 2184 online

Yeap this is for another server, but it is strange. This server has a difference of 1059 (+51%) people in a week. These information are cra ps it couldn't be such a difference for a game of 2200 people.

I am trying to say DONT TRUST WHATEVER **** YOU GET, MAYBE THEY TRY TO MISSLEAD U. Don't trust something because it's seems right, there are too many strange things there.

I believe that they count only ppl who visit market...... and if so the numbers there are not boxes... (if they count 2000ppl it means = 2000 + 1000 boxes = 3000 chars??????). Numbers are inaccurate. Yeap if they say 2000 ppl they can't be 5000 but 2000 also it is not true.....

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2016
  12. Wiesior

Wiesior User

Need to be blind to not see empty spots. This server dying and that is fact.

Traygard likes this.
  13. vagelaras

vagelaras User

This server has more ppl (lets say 800-1000), more than shillien, shillien is about half year+ old and still up with 1300-1600 ppl (and that's a fact). I can't understand what do you mean with the word dying, pls explain. How much ppl in a server keep server alive? Because at the moment i can see a server (older than skelth) with lower population who has active players (1300-1600ppl). We are not in 2005 (that's a fact also) you must be realist, and don't have such grate expectations. Friendly as always.

Maingauche likes this.
  14. Narmontas

Narmontas User

Corruption mb? ;)

/insert adena 999999999999999999999
    and lets do some business

15. Orcoso

Orcoso User

It is not player's job to give them proof on botting, rmt or other issues. Players do it to HELP and improve the server.

We need gms actively looking for stuff like that, they did a great job with the bots, I can't complain. The RMT isn't hard to prove, it just takes a little more than than it does when they check for bots. If a player start logging in a high lvl account they never ever touched before, and is mostly online with that, well that is a big indicator right that, just need to look a little bit further.

Same for the adena buying, if a player has a extremely OEd weapon, lets say a +7 emi when emi bows were extremely rare and being sold for 70mil in giran, that is another indicator that gives the GM a reason to investigate.

16. Scarecrow

Scarecrow User

Well its just frustrating to see on kain numbers like 3.2k and skelth just over 1.95k at the Moment....Even the numbers are not full correct this gives me some bad taste....i play for fun thats true but wasting Time is something different.

17. Fragola

Fragola User

the increase happened during the merge with Eva and Maphr + update with sieges.

And although I can totally agree on this:
    I can't see how else they can prove something that happens out of the game.

so if I buy a new computer and log in my character with it, is it an indicator?

so let's say my friend from top side gives me some Emi bows to enchant and play with my fresh HE, and both of us can confirm it was a gift, is it an indicator again? I'm sure there are hundreds of transactions that happen every day. For example our party exps twinks now, so we exchanged adena and gear to them.
    So how would you tell the difference between a friendly exchange and RMT exchange when in both cases both parties will say it was just just helping a friend?

Russia is on holidays today :)

18. Wiesior

Wiesior User

Elders are the same RMT company as madpro. Only difference is you are losing the competition.

19. -hvg-

-hvg- User

You are seeing empty spots because people that do enjoy this game are past lvl 45 by now? And i mean by average. Higher lvl zones then that are crowded with people from what i see ingame. As not so many people come to l2 now , the only ones that still play the low lvl areas are either the few new guys , rerolled chars , 2nd toons , and spoilers with higher lvl supports or so. This doesn't mean the game is dead bro , you are just behind :)

Apocalypsa and Carpet HQ like this.
  20. Orcoso

Orcoso User

How the players see what happens in game? Back in NC West, there was GMs actually playing the game as regular players, so they could see the bugs and the players violating the EULA, that actually helped for a while, until some went dark and helped the side they were playing, eventually they got fired and stuff.

I am sure that would be an indicator of something, but not RMT. Maybe if the guy "bought a new computer" moved to a another country, started speaking a difference language, hanging out with other clans and etc, that wouldn't be a reason to ban the player, but would put a red flag on that account.

If innova did that they would find a LOT of bugs even if they weren't looking in to banning people. We have tons of quests that sends you to kill a certain mob, but for some reason the translated name is different. Lots of typos, not to count the capitalization issues "pike" instead of "Pike". Or names changing without a real reason, compound braid changing from braided hemp, or this weird item called "Quality Leather" instead of "Crafted Leather".

Not to count the hourly break message "how about MAKING a break?", not to count the weird english used on the bot report automated announcement. Seriously, it is been two months, and not a single GM caught up to that stuff? They can't wait for the players to report every single bug.

I would love it to be like that, the stuff I develop I have people using the systems I create, finding a bug and just leaving the website instead of reporting it. Out of 500 users in this particular system ONE reported an annoying bug, the rest either lived with it or never returned. After I fixed I got a few e-mails "oh hey, thanks for fixing that one thing, it was annoying".

Well, I am sure if both confirm that it was a gift, yea, gms have their hands tied on that one. But I doubt many people buy adena from friends. Would be very weird if a random char just goes to mdt or mails you an emi bow with enchants, and when they look in to it they see that the random char is actually random, you never had any contact with any other account that player has and after that they would also see that the same person (person, not character) would do similar trades with a bunch of other random people.

Like I said, innova can't know for sure, the players can't know either. But innova has access to the game's database, which means, they have the tools to find out. Just takes time.