1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PVE SPH

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by PorkNails, Feb 22, 2016.

1. PorkNails

PorkNails User

Is it possible to one shot the mobs after lvl 40 ?

Considering the gear and dyes to boost magic damage and having empower (no dances).

Example:

C grade - Demon Staff, Demon set, +12 INT, empower will one shot mobs at ~48?

2. Carpet HQ

Carpet HQ User

Depends on the mobs. It's possible even with less gear than that. I was 1shoting (overhit) mobs in Sea of Spores for example with a Goat Head staff and full wit dyes, just empower lv1, bers lv1.

3. PorkNails

PorkNails User

If my intention is to make the most dmg possible, would +8 INT and +4 WIT be a good option ?

4. Carpet HQ

Carpet HQ User

From a fellow sph to another, I must tell you that you will probably regret that.
    I would never allow myself to go less than +8 WIT (I fell in love with my dyes since the first hit I casted on npc).
    INT+4 is pve option purely imho, if you MUST 1-shot certain mobs. But the thing is, here you will be forced to fight for spots so many times, that actually pvp setup turns out to be more important.
    I do get the pve idea of +8 INT, it will save you some money in the longrun for sure. If your plan is to make adena that way and later on switch to casting dyes...then by all means, go ahead. But I still don't reccomend it. You will simply enjoy your char a lot more with full cast. And it's broken as f..k the way it is.

Lastly something to consider: are you solo or playing with a group?
    - If you aoe with your party, you could go either way, probably WIT though...Since a party will always pvp at some point of the game, wars, sieges etc.
    - If you're solo player Int+ idea can work just fine.

P.S. 1-39 is a tiny cancer with this class, due to stupid casting speed,but thank god you can use auras after some point and kill somebody. And also due to the fact that you almost always have to drag a box in party, usually some oracle.

5. Narmontas

Narmontas User

Well and after 40 lvl casting speed is not stupid? :D with full wit dyes?

6. Carpet HQ

Carpet HQ User

If you are mage, there is no sweetest feeling I gotta tell you :p

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016