1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sph Dyes

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Seraina, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Seraina

Seraina User

Hello, im a new sph and im going to hit 40 soon. 99% of server's mage population are going +12 wit, but im not in a mood to need 6-7 rechargers every time i decide to go xp. Wouldn't be a wiser choice to go +12 int? im a solo player, and might go duo with some friends rechargers. Also i dont understand why int+12 is bad for pvp. karmain provides 15% casting and some p.def alrdy. would be much better to 1 shot flagged archers, than hit > get stunned > hit > hit > die. Thats what i think but im noob in overall. Share ur thoughts plz, but dont do it without an argument.

Thx in advance, fellow Shillen sister/brothers...! :)

2. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

+12 INT will give you +24% dmg, so about 24% mana efficiency.
    A BtM/CLD combo after each kill will get you much, MUCH more mana than that. With +12 WIT you'll cast it 60% faster.
    It is bad for pvp, because you are not going to one-shot anyone no matter what, this is not H5, or whatever. While you might be able to kill most target in two shots instead of three, you'll still spend the same time casting them and risking interruption, so you might as well opt for little less damage and much faster, and higher chance to crit.

Oh, and if you get stunned, you die, unless the other guy somehow manages to **** up next stun and the next, and the next...

3. Moonpie24

Moonpie24 User

i have Karmian (15% Cast) and +8 WIT / +4 INT

4. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

Fam tbh.

Going +12 WIT -15 MEN barely made a difference to my maximum MP, I'd rather be concerned about regen(ticking 6 every 5 seconds when standing) than anything else, which won't really need you to have a bunch of rechargers lol.

5. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

The regen loss of -15MEN is an average of 0,7 MP (depending on run/walk/stand) per tick = ~0,2 MP/sec.
    That is equal to one BtM lvl 5 every 305 seconds. One BtM every 5 minutes offsets all of the regen loss of -15 MEN. Yay.

6. Bethod

Bethod User

Someone was telling me that they capped the max casting speed to 900.

Is that true? I used a stat calc and at lvl 40 as a spellsinger, with karmian, +12 WIT and acumen, I could have a casting speed of just over 1000.

7. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

I have 1073 c.speed with gay event buff.

8. Seraina

Seraina User

thx every1 for responses. is it true they will nerf +12 wit next update and it will be like +4 wit?

9. Carpet HQ

Carpet HQ User

I have no info on next patchnotes. But right now I can tell you this for sure:
    +12 WIT is the greatest thing that ever happened to mages through the whole history of this game.
    To the point, that you will come across posts in this forum complaining about how broken and unbalanced it is.
    And they are right honestly :p
    Gl out there,
    Some sph.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    IzalithSky likes this.
  10. IzalithSky

IzalithSky User

It is ture WIT bonuses to cast spd. and m.crit rate will be lowered.

First of all we don't know when this update is coming to EU.
    Second, we don't know how much it will be lowered, exactly.

Although we may theorise. It goes like this:
    All the mages get new passive called Spell Master or something. This passive improves m.crit rate by 10 (same for all races) and cast spd. by 9% for DE (Human 10%, Elf 13%, Orc 5%). Theoretically, the passive should compensate for lowered WIT bonus in a way that character's cast spd. w/o tats before and after the update will be similar. From that it should be possible to deduce new WIT bonuses.

I doubt that post-update +12WIT will be equal to pre-update +4WIT. My guess it will be like +8.

11. Moonpie24

Moonpie24 User

Currently im at +8 WIT and + 4 INT with Karmian Set (+15%) and mostly Acumen 2 on me.

Im thinking about making +12 WIT - but it feels like the recast time of the main cast (Hurrican) is not fast enough ... so im not able to spam this skill without delay.

Anyone can share his experience?

LVL 42 SH!

12. Carpet HQ

Carpet HQ User

If the skill cooldown is your main issue, keep in mind that it improves on higher lvls, you lvl up this passive. At 40something this dealy is around 0.3 sec, right?
    It's a bit annoying having to wait a bit to give the spiritshot time to activate after every skill. It was not like this in the past. Well you can still spam skills at the cost of almost double casting time.
    Anyway hurricane kinda sucks now, thanks to ''Surrender to Wind'' missing.

Your current dyes seem fine btw, considering the upcoming WIT nerf.