1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why sorcerer over spellsinger?

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by S.e.t.t, Mar 6, 2016.

1. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

So.

I've never seen so many sorcerers in Lineage before. In fact i have hardly seen any sorcerers. On classic, there are actually more sorcerers than spellsingers. That would've been unthinkable way back when...

Moreover, they have exactly the same skillset ... except sorcerer lacks some semiimportant skills, like solar flare and his debuffs aren't forcable, like SpS's frostbolt/ice dagger.

But more importantly - if the official wiki is correct - which it probably isn't - and despite to common "lore", the AoE skills of SpS are actually stronger than those of a sorcerer. Sorcerer just gets the first one a little sooner, but after 48 they are even ... except SpS's frost wall is ~20% stronger than sorcerer's blazing circle.

So how come there are more sorcerers than spellsingers? Is it the fabled fire weakness? Does that really make so much difference? Does it even work?

Hmm?

2. JohnVanDamme

JohnVanDamme User

Does sorc have fear?

3. Zodac

Zodac User

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Blazing Circle

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

4. Righteous

Righteous User

i thought sorcs have 2 aoe nukes, no?

5. Zodac

Zodac User

Cat > Ponies. ))

6. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

3, actually, but so does SpS

7. Quaak

Quaak User

Highest Concentration buff.
    Allthough im not sure if its any use with +12 wit tattoos available.
    Also Humans have the most Stat Points of all races.

8. -hvg-

-hvg- User

Best attack ever?

9. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

All right.

Can someone explain this?

Sps = 37 INT, 35 WIT -> 572 m.atk, 973 c.speed
    sorc = 41 INT, 20 WIT -> 671 m.atk, 904 c.speed

theory: 41-37 = 4 INT ~ 8% m.atk advantage for sorc
    practice: 671/572 = 17,3% m.atk advantage for sorc

theory: 23-20 = 3 WIT ~ 15% c.speed advantage for sps
    practice: 973/904 = 7,6% c.speed advantage for sps

Same level, same gear.

:eek:

10. Banish3d

Banish3d User

Blazing Circle allow you to hit more target, he is more flexible (self aoe not target aoe) than every other aoe (and you get it at lv 40) + you get Rain of Fire at lv 58 (same spell like Aqua Splash/Tempest).

SPS have only Aqua Splash with a good AOE area and you get it at lv 58 (Frost Wall ****) / SPH have only one AOE / Necro have only one AOE (and you need dead target but it's powerful).

And Classic mean AOE party era (most efficient way to XP), so i understand why there are a lot of Sorc.

I forgot one thing, Human have more HP/CP and it's very important in PVE/PVP.

11. S.e.t.t

S.e.t.t Banned

So the answer is once again "Humans = OP".
    Of course, then there is necro =)

-hvg- likes this.
  12. -hvg-

-hvg- User

lol on this :))

13. Keutz

Keutz User

I play cuz , i like that "orange" :7

14. Poarta

Poarta User

Tempest/corpse burst lvl 46 actually not 58

15. Banish3d

Banish3d User

You misunderstood me, i wanted to say Rain of Fire work like Aqua Splash and Tempest (same AOE/range).

16. SweetDreamZ

SweetDreamZ User

am i the only one that noticed ... u wrote SPS: 37 INT, 35 WIT. and after on 2nd theory u wrote 23 wit - 20 wit ?? so is it 35 wit or 23 on sps??
    Btw mate in case you looking crazy at these stats, try comparing sps with Sph xD

sph 44 int 19 wit :3107:

out of curiosity how many oop rechargers such sorc party has ? since mana management was always very bad on these sorcs.

I mean i am sitting here remembering old times when 1 sorc used all 3 aoes on 1 train he ran oom and it took 2-3 rechargers to keep him going.

SPH actually has tempest that hits the target and all nearby monsters and Aura Flash which doesnt require a target to be used.
    Imo SPH best aoe mage cause he can take well care of his mana management without a lot of oop rechargers.

hows HP CP important in pve/pvp ?? well i understand the hp cp important in pvp part but why in pve `? you dont need hp in pve .. also if hp gets low, you can always vampiric claw in case u rolled a sph or necro :3112:

Tbh i think all mages have their ups and downs :3114:

17. Banish3d

Banish3d User

When Sorcerer get 3 aoe, usually ee get clarity (lv 58) so they consume less, in a CP you have SE + EE (most of the time, CP run with 11 char) and they still can use BtM even it's lv 1.

Didn't saw many problem with MP, they didn't use all their mana in one train because you have a lot of crit in Classic (thanks +12 WIT) + 2 other mage in your party and you melt a train pretty fast.

And about SPH in fact your right in PVE, they can manage their MP by themself but when i said Sorcerer is better it's especially because they get aoe pretty early (and you don't need to spent a lot of money or time to get a book like SPH for Tempest).

About HP, i mean if you can get one more hit in PVE then you know maybe you can survive and don't drop/lose XP.

18. SweetDreamZ

SweetDreamZ User

since when are cp = 11 ? O_O? whos not getting xp xD ? i was wondering how some pvp pts had emp and clarity buff in their movie .. well i assumed boxed buffer in town ..

so if you have lotz of crits and also 2 more mages in party. are 3 aoe skills rly so important ? cause i think 2 will just be fine.

Ive seen tempest book for 300-400k so its not that much of a deal anymore i guess. but yeah 40-46 is still some time to go xD at least sph gets hurricane at 40 unlike necros who need to remain using blaze till what 44 ? :D

could always just pop a pot or use vamp claw as sph in emergency situations.