1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Experiment 7] Magic Weapon Damage Spread

Discussion in 'Experimentarium' started by Yumi, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Yumi

Yumi Innova Group

[​IMG]

In this experiment, we have tested magic weapon damage spread.

Attacker: 64 lvl Sorcerer, having all the skills, but without any buffs. Equipment: [​IMG] Priest Mace [M. Atk. 63] и [​IMG] Sword of Magic Fog [M. Atk. 63] (depending on the test)

Target: NPC Clarissa

During this test, the Sorcerer was attacking NPC Clarissa using [​IMG] «Prominence» skill with different weapons which have the same M. Atk. 200 strokes were done for each test. Maximum and Minimum Damage are stated in the table.

Weapon

Min

Max
    [​IMG]
    Sword of Magic Fog

[​IMG]
    Priest Mace

Additional information: Without damage spread, damage made by the attacker was 371 with each weapon.

Summary: As it can be seen from the table, damage spread which appeared during strokes made by [​IMG] Priest Mace is more significant that the one, which was done by [​IMG] Sword of Magic Fog.

2. Righeteous

Righeteous Banned

Hi, nice test, thanks!

one question regarding:

what does it mean without damage spread?
    and what was the average damage on each weapon?

3. Doxed

Doxed Innova Group

Let's imagine, that each time you cast a spell, the damage is calculated as [Fixed damage] +- [Damage spread], where damage spread is calculated randomly but is limited. Experimentarium staff has access to GM commands, which are able to switch the spread off making the damage fixed all the time. Fixed damage is the average damage you are looking for.

4. Righeteous

Righeteous Banned

great, thanks!

5. SweetDreamZ

SweetDreamZ User

great information thx. So for pve a sword is much more value able, so mages can do all time 2-3 shot and not randomly 2-4 shot monsters

I am still a sad panda cause there are no 2handed Mage swords or Duals with Matk on them.

So if we want max Matk we need to use 2handed Blunt no matter what :(

6. recka

recka User

It's plain simple.

Fighter sword
    Fighter blunt

Stable dmg higher crit rate
    Unstable dmg low crit rate.

Same goes for Mages

Swords have higher mcrit and more constant dmg
    While blunts have more random dmg which can be higher then a sword but less crit rate.

7. SweetDreamZ

SweetDreamZ User

The dmg spread on Blunts is really big. at some point i am Mage critting monsters for 3800 and the other second on the same monster i am doing 2300

So taking that. i suppose if i was to use a sword i may not reach 3800 but also not 2300 but somewhere close to 3000 as balanced result to a magic critical.

8. recka

recka User

ye and u mcrit more often < - i guess based on GoD **** just buy n grade sword and see ur mcrit rate pretty sure its higher.

9. SweetDreamZ

SweetDreamZ User

no need to buy. my partner has a Sword of whispering Death. i can test with that :D but thx for advice :p

10. Anderaos

Anderaos User

Cool test, thanks