1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Experiment 12] Items enchantment rate

Discussion in 'Experimentarium' started by Yumi, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Yumi

Yumi Innova Group

[​IMG]
    In this experiment, we have tested different item enchantment rate.
    There were 400 attempts to enchant each item. The results are stated below.

Item

till +4

till +5

till +6
    [​IMG]
    Black Ore Necklace

71,75%

32,75%

26,00%
    [​IMG]
    Avadon Circlet

72,50%

31,00%

24,50%
    [​IMG]
    Avadon Robe

100,0%

67,75%

33,25%
    [​IMG]
    Sword of Valhalla

49,75%

50,25%

43,50%
    [​IMG]
    Bow of Peril

65,00%

63,25%

67,25%
    [​IMG]
    Damascus

66,00%

67,00%

61,75%
    Summary: as in the main version, it is harder to enchant a Magical Weapon (B-grade) than the Physical one. As for the Upper and Lower Body, it is safe to enchant it till +4 (as it has always been).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2016
  2. !KniX

!KniX User

So the chance of weapons is constant while the chance for jewelry/armor is lower by each step? didnt know that. also didnt know magical weapons had lower, yet constant, rate. interesting, thanx.

Mbaka likes this.
  3. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

I just want to point out that the success rate is still ~67% on every single enchantment that is not safe.

Subsequent percentages can have a detrimental effect on overall success rates if they happen to fail a lot. I wouldn't take this as "These items are easier to enchant than others". :eek:

In fact, the only way to truly figure out if an item gets harder to be enchanted down the line would be to repeat this test for each enchantment level rather than to generate 400 items and seeing how many make it to +6.

(Assuming that's what happened. If the game really has items that are easier to enchant well, **** me I guess.)

Edit: Yeah, it's pretty obvious this is mathematically inaccurate, the only enchant rates you should look at are Avadon to +5(since it's 100% at +4) and all the other items to +4 and see how close to ~67% they are.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    Apocalypsa and SweetDreamZ like this.
  4. Restor

Restor User

formula for jew/armor:
    +4 = 2/3
    +5+ = 1/(n-2)

5. SaMaNoSuKe

SaMaNoSuKe User

This means any Armor "Upper and Lower" as 1 single item got 100% to go to +4?

6. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

Yes, all full-body pieces are safe to be enchanted to +4. Read the Scroll.

Edit(Taken from an EAC):

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  7. SaMaNoSuKe

SaMaNoSuKe User

thanks for info

8. iboyanov

iboyanov User

You may be right on your mathematical statements - can't comment on that - but magical weapons have been harder to enchant since forever. Those figures may be right or wrong as a percentage, but taken as a weapon type item and compared to physical weapons, mag. weapons have inferior chance to enchant, that much I can guarantee.
    Had seen 2 different experiments with similar statistics before - one on goddess client /just like the one we have now/ and one on the one before it, both official servers.

9. Changnyeo

Changnyeo User

Interresting experiment performed by the GMs.
    They seam to be doing quite a few of these sucsess rate experiments weather it is enchanting or skill land rates.

What I find interresting is not the experiment itself,
    rather how time is being spend or played with.
    I find joy and excitement in trying to figure out these land rates/success rates myself or with my friends.
    That it/was a part of the charm with Lineage 2, to unlock the knowledge about game mechanics.

(Says the guy with a +17 item)

10. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

Yeah, just like burning soulshots and spamming antidotes lagged the server and made your enchantment successful.

The 2/3 chances only started to get messed with when rates increasing scrolls/items were added. We don't have any of those yet. Look at the Valhalla percentage, whichever common sense anyone has would reduce the odds of a success the higher it got. Instead we have a percentage going from 49,75% to 50,25% which makes me think the second percentage refers to how many of the items that made it to +4 were successfully enchanted again and thinking of them as 100%... Why? Just look at the Black Ore.

Then again if they come around and say that they actually did 7200 enchantments instead of 2400 then this game will reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaally be surprising me. (But since the terms being used are "until" "There were 400 attempts to enchant each item." I'm assuming that wasn't the case.)

11. iboyanov

iboyanov User

It is just another flaw/bug/intended balance or whatever of this game - I have stopped analyzing korean's logic long time ago. I did many overenchantments over the years on official and non-official platforms and I can attest that mage weapons have inferior chance for success. Dunno why and frankly don't care - I've just accepted it is like that.
    You are free to believe whatever you like, needless to say. Even if they do those sacred 7200 tries and the result confirms that, something tells me that your mucho surprise will just enforce another layer of denial with different arguments out of you and I've already written one post more than I should have in this topic, without feeling sorry for wasting my time (overall, not individually with you) :)

12. Righeteous

Righeteous Banned

So it seems that the % is per enchant and not total % from 0 to 6.
    added "Overall chance to +5" and "Overall chance to +6"

Item

till +4

till +5
    Overall chance to +5
    till +6
    Overall Chance to +6
    [​IMG]
    Black Ore Necklace

71,75%

32,75%
    22%
    26,00%

6%
    [​IMG]
    Avadon Circlet

72,50%

31,00%
    22%
    24,50%

5%
    [​IMG]
    Avadon Robe

100,0%

67,75%
    67% (duh!)
    33,25%

22%
    [​IMG]
    Sword of Valhalla

49,75%

50,25%
    25%
    43,50%

10%
    [​IMG]
    Bow of Peril

65,00%

63,25%
    40%
    67,25%

27%
    [​IMG]
    Damascus

66,00%

67,00%
    44%
    61,75%

27%

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  13. Arthoryos

Arthoryos User

Hello everyone I do not know if here and right for this place also do not know if This has already been posted here , however my doubts / Disclaimer it is Next. WHEN I turned dark avenger was Do the skill test : Panther Dark Claw in the skill description says : Decreases dark attribute enemies 25. However is not paying off this effect here , did the test : Panthe Dark Claw + Drain Health with the damage and without the effect remained the same . Soon after I called a friend of mine Necromancer to also test I used the Dark Clan on a friend in the Arena and soon after asked to use Necromancer Death Spike and the damage still the same .. I wonder if you are already aware of the defect ?

14. FesterAdams

FesterAdams User

I dare say it is simply not true that the success rate still is 2/3!

Let us look at the stochastical chance to get a +6 bow for example. That would need 3 non save enchants. If the chance for every event (enchant) was 2/3 the overall probabilty for a successfull enchant till +6 would be 2/3 x 2/3 x 2/3. That is ~ 29%. The chance to get a bow to +11 would be 2/3 faculty 8 = 3,6%. If you do an infinite amount of trys probabiliy would be exactly that amount. Here its only a few hundred tries. But still the difference between the mathematical probability and the test probabilty is too significant.

Maya Reinhartz likes this.
  15. Trium

Trium User

And we have seen in another test on main version, that chance for magical weapons was actually higher :)

That means only 1 thing - 400 attempts are not enough to make correct statements.

Since that and the fact, that there are a lot of OE mag weapons as well as physical weapons, it hints us, that the chance of enchanting mag and phys weapons must be equal.

Maya Reinhartz likes this.
  16. abgeKT

abgeKT User

what about after +6 ?

17. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

66%