1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you still consider L2 Classic as worthy of playing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by real Kvo, Apr 29, 2016.

?

Would you consider continuing of L2 Classic, if changes are/were to be brought in.

1. I will play this game whatever happens!

2. I want to continue to play L2 Classic, but only if changes were to be brought in (Comment what/how)

3. No - I do not want to play MMORPG/Lineage 2 Classic anymore - even with changes.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. real Kvo

real Kvo User

I make this thread and poll, aimed mostly at people who are either gone already, or are contemplating on quitting the server.

There is no question as to the critical situation we found ourselves in. We have seen threads springing up like mushrooms, as to regard to the changes that should be/should have been introduced.

What I want to find out here, is what the players - who have either quit, but also those who are still playing - feel?
    It is good that Amarantha, and I presume the Innova staff began to think about how to improve the situation. The dire thought I have, is that it might be a bit too late.

My aim is to find out, whether players would still consider playing, or coming back. Let's imagine the Utopian situation - and that all the changes are brought in - would you consider returning? And if yes - what do you think are the most key changes to be introduced. Or is a fresh start on a modified classic necessary?
    Or has too much happened already, and it is too late? Have the players lost the will and the energy to play Lineage 2 Classic, realized they may be too old, or the game is not what they remember?

I wait eagerly for your comments.

2. !KniX

!KniX User

Well, we got our answer today - there will be no game changing updates. This XP curve is here to stay under the assumtion that classic is hardcore. To me this isnt hardcore. This is something else. The XP is WAY too crayz for me to keep playing this game. :(

real Kvo likes this.
  3. Wiesior

Wiesior User

Ok, so I do not play the game from 2 months. And I think that was good decision (I play BDO). I would play the L2C, but only if:

The most important:
    • Wipe
    • Ban russians
    • Ban acc share
    Other:
    • Nerf mages
    • Bring back true classic CC system (current 100% ****)
    • bring back classic dye system (max +4 to stat)
    • Bring back classic dex (effectivity + run speed based on dex)
    • Fix evasion

real Kvo likes this.
  4. real Kvo

real Kvo User

@!KniX Do you think though, that if there wasn't a certain group of someones that is already in mid 70s, that your opinions might have been different? When the whole server was to level at around the same time - with obviously someone at the top, and someone nearer the bottom - but not a disparity so great?

I myself did not think of the XP curve as the worst - it is important to remember of L2 Classic as something that is to evolve. It is not a finished product - it was supposed to be a long-term thing; and considering there are no subclasses or Higher grades, I think slowing the XP is not the worst.
    Even if XP was faster - is means that the "group of someones" were to reach the top even sooner. I think it is important to identify the real problems.

insolitumin likes this.
  5. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

I'm not paying to be stuck on the past. These are incredibly stupid suggestions. The game wasn't balanced back then and it will never be.

real Kvo likes this.
  6. Wiesior

Wiesior User

Real problem is Innova allowed to break EULA what lead to massive advantage of some "players". Today answer was "no wipe", they can not now ban suddenly all who acc share or RMT because that ~80% ppl whos still play on the server, huge majority of legit players already left the game - so that is too late for bans.

These are only ways what have piece of chance to save the game. But to be realistic - this server is doomed.

7. !KniX

!KniX User

The thing about account sharing is that it can be dodged. There's no way for innova to know if an account is being shared since i can create a proxy through my IP and let my friend log through my PC, if i would like to hide acc sharing.

There is a fix, an xp restriction - alltho this restriction would ONLY apply to players that DO account share, bcuz we all need to sleep sooner or later. Innova counts this as game altering and wont do this.
    Apr 29, 2016
    The XP Curve itself isnt a problem but it does become an obstacle when the rules are not the same for everyone. You have the lvl70's who knows how to break the system and simply 1shot everyone cuz they are 20-15 lvls above all. I had absolute endgame gear, from weapon to jewels to armor and I still felt useless bcuz in the end the gear doesnt matter - Its how many hours of your life youre willing to waste that will eventually determin how much damage you can deal - that game i am not willing to play.

8. real Kvo

real Kvo User

that's precisely my point :p but they would always have a massive advantage, due to the way they play - whether the xp curve is slow or no :)

9. comeandgetsome

comeandgetsome User

Why all the plebs crying again, in evry post I see just crying , and craying ,nothing else wanna balanced game go play tetris., all games in some ways not balanced.,

Lineage2 classic is that game where u need spend time if u wanna make some competition ,some player play hardcore some are not.that all u always cry about how bad things are , but I do nothing to make it better., don't wanna play don't play but don't cry or put ***** on server., since some ppl wanna play here.,

P.s from my POV if even in server elft 200-300 real player is enough to play here ,since it classic map size small etc. and with some time players come back :)

P.s.s btw complain about Russians not the option , they got some players who play 4 ppl on 1 account , and u mad ant them , but who don't let u do same ?

and I REMMEBER HOW U ALL CRY NOT MAKING SERVER on LAUNCH 1.5 version but make 1.0, what u do then boyz ? u will be left server in 2 days not in 1 month.

IM heappy with this server and for sure staying long, if even server got 200-300 pll I play for fun not for some " who **** is bigger" .

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2016
    insolitumin likes this.
  10. Kabulozo

Kabulozo User

Crying doesn't change a thing, the development happens in Korea and korean devs don't listen to anyone besides korean players. So far the game is stable in Korea with 4K+ on TK and 2K+ on Gludio servers on rush time.

11. AvLAbel

AvLAbel User

Yeah stay on this ******** server for feed RMT guys.

12. nonas

nonas User

I would come back if:

1. PK scrolls removed
    2. Subscription price decreased
    3. Exp increased slightly
    4. PK protection buff from people that are 10 lvl higher than you (3-24 hours)

13. SonicYouth

SonicYouth User

Do yourselfs a favor, just quit this **** for good. No need to waste time any more.

lShark likes this.
  14. Arturas

Arturas User

pk scrols, free to play, pvp server rates, pve zones, gm shop, better drop rate, free teleports. What we need more to bring x9999 ppl come back?

15. SweetDreamZ

SweetDreamZ User

I dont consider the xp being Hardcore. ive played worse xp curves.
    The thing that bothers me the most is the chance of dropping some gear due to being feared or stunned by another player.

Also it bothers me that only Necro gets to have Fear while all other mages do not have it.

insolitumin and Carpet HQ like this.
  16. karlossg

karlossg User

Decisively to the end, my or her ;)

real Kvo likes this.
  17. Zodac

Zodac User

Why do you think innova has to adapt to your wishes?
    There is a server you either play it or not.
    FOR EG.
    Imagine this server as a supermarket and innova is the cachier, who has nothing to do with the product itself, and you start complaining why there are no 0.75l milk package but only 1l one.
    And how you love milk in general but since that supermarket has no 0.75l package, you hate them to the bones and swear loudly in the suppermarket to convince other customers to quit that suppermarket cause it has not the 0.75l milk package you want. Not only that, but you also boycot that supermarket for days and justify it by saying "you ruined my milk expirience".

EDIT: im not high

18. Norekien

Norekien User

This is a pretty bad example since Innova it's not just selling 1L milk but 1L cancerous milk.

19. real Kvo

real Kvo User

But if they're getting less and less customers, then perhaps it means they indeed have to do something about that milk.

20. JohnVanDamme

JohnVanDamme User

Guarantee you that is over half the customers stop shopping there because they don't have .75L, they will get .75L pretty quick.

Apocalypsa, xez87, Carpet HQ and 2 others like this.