1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neverending interference of softcore mentality

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by grayMouser, May 2, 2016.

1. grayMouser

grayMouser User

I am literally sick and tired of companies bowing for casual players demanding to dumb down all and every game, EVEN if these are meant to be CLASSIC versions.

Again I downloaded a game for nothing in the hope I would get a challenging, grindy experience.

My question is this, with all respect: WHY don't players who dislike frustration in video games stick with current soft-core AAA mmorpgs? Why for god sake come to a Classic server and then demand to dispose of original game rules and make everything EASYmode - like any other game outthere?

Look I respect that people have different playing styles, but please leave some games true to their core, so that EVERYONE can enjoy an mmorpg that fits them.

- Sigh -

And then more philosophical:

How come this generation is not up to a challenge anymore? How can you enjoy things that did not cost you any effort to achieve? Can you look in the mirror and accept to be so cheesy weak?

Come on, western people (I am western) are becoming so weak because as children they get everything on a silver plate. They will be no match for the eastern kids, who have to work hard day and night to achieve anything. If it ever comes to a war in 50 years from now, the west will surely be wiped... :p

**** this! Another game that is lost

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2016
  2. !KniX

!KniX User

Yeah... i think you have a bit of educating yourself regarding the situation before you accuse people of wanting to change the rules of the game bcuz its "too hard". cmon bro..... just try atleast.

grayMouser likes this.
  3. Zodac

Zodac User

tl;dr

There are plenty games that are for causals go play some WOW.

4. Sow-Nwe

Sow-Nwe User

I found it so funny with like from naive Jadey.

Do you try to say us western people didn't try something ? Eastern people never worked hard ...
    Give me 2 drivers per char on full party, one group of RMT (maybe more), some programs and you will see.
    But the problem is TOO LATE ************ !

As Knix said first come to play and after western people will listen your new version, buddie. For the moment, eastern are only "good" at lineage 2, we are lucky for the future by grayMouser :D

5. Zodac

Zodac User

noone will read your post, cause you dont play the game anymore therefore we all know that the result of your
    finger bashing on your keybord is most likely a rage/madness/depression post.

6. JohnVanDamme

JohnVanDamme User

Seriously. Madpro top group worked hard? They have three people PER character in their group grinding 24/7, that's not working hard for YOUR char, that's cheating to get to the top.

The people who quit this month didn't quit because of the grind, most of the people who quit because of the grind have left in the first three months of the release.
    The recent quits are done because the madpro cheaters and Zerg. What's the point of playing an already dying game (1000 people or less) and fighting a cheating Zerg, sounds like a waste of time to me

Fragola, ComedyL2c, real Kvo and 2 others like this.
  7. lShark

lShark User

Lawl. Where to start.... People aren't really pissed with the difficulty but with the fact that some no-lifers came here to RTM the **** out of the server while clearly cheating to get huge advantage. And seriously........ ? If a full fledged war ever starts be sure that western people, eastern people and even penguins will all but get wiped out with the amount of nuclear power humanity currently has.

8. Orcoso

Orcoso User

This game is pay to win too, with a lot less money than core you can have overpowered gear, the difference is that in this server you can actually get that same gear by playing the game.

9. Maya Reinhartz

Maya Reinhartz User

Ehm.

Game isn't lost. Because these changes won't be made, we're talking about freaking Korea on the lead.

Typing it as western players when Korea has turned into the biggest mobile casul hour-timed games makes me cringe.

I don't know if you're real on the challenge thing or not, is there any lines that can be crossed that makes a challenge not fun? I have a few myself.

10. Zodac

Zodac User

Its play to win actually. More time invested = higher lvl = better chance to win PVP.

It's sad that there is not much to do besides lv 40/50 Epics and Sieges.
    Imagine if there was Zaken in this chronicle or at least some 70 lv Raids who could drop TOP B.

11. iSpam

iSpam User

Every game thing that requires significant investment to progress is pay to win. That means every single game and everything else you want to be good at, unless external influence can be somehow prevented. money talks.
    Since Classic does require significant investment, of time, if nothing else, and that time could easily be someone else's, it's not difficult to put two and two together....

12. JohnVanDamme

JohnVanDamme User

ill play devils advocate here:

There's not much to do endgame for the 70+ besides farm AL because they didn't expect people to have 21 people levelling a 9 man party (madpro). What I mean by this is, they didn't expect people to hit 74 in 5 months, and realistically, with a fresh server they shouldn't.

If you have full 78 oop buffs, maybe you could solo, but the only way to do it is cheat with the 24/7 groups.

So, their expectation was to roll out with 2.0 end game and have that in time for people hitting their 70s.

Edit: forgot to quote zodac

13. grayMouser

grayMouser User

To clarify:

Yes I did not actually try this game. I was putt off before going to pay the subscription.

I came here in search of a more challenging mmo, and this version is promoted as such on the website. Also in the past I recall Lineage 1 or 2 (?) was generally rumored to be more hardcore in comparison to lets say WoW.

So I was very happy discovering this Classic version, until after reading some forum posts and reviews. Than I realized that even Classic version was not spared from being nerved down to make it less grindy. I am talking about the general 3x xp gain instead of 1x and the 4x exp loss instead of 10x at death.

This freakes me out, because it is not the first time I have this experience, it is with every game I have this, they all get nerved down to cater the mass of players who are obviously way less inclined to do effort when they play a video game, and this is a general sign of the times I feel.

Although one other aspect of this change in difficulty/frustration settings compared to the nineties might be that today more people in society play video games, while before it was mainly the most "nerdy" group who did. And nerdy people tend to like complexity. SO maybe I in that sense am more of a nerd than most current day players.

Today's computer gaming just isn't very complexity friendly anymore...

14. !KniX

!KniX User

Good read.

Complexity has very little to do with repetitive targeting NPC's for longer periods of time. The only one that prosper in repetitive tasks is automatization. I'd rather spend my time reading a book about reverse engineering and how IA-32 registers store data than to target a mob brainlessly for hours, days, weeks & months and call that complexity. You are funny :)

Alt_x1, lShark and Fragola like this.
  15. Arrowone

Arrowone User

wait what? do you know that this server is way more grindy then it was back in the day when l2 first came ^_^

16. comeandgetsome

comeandgetsome User

Cha cha read forum and u really think half of this forum threads are true ? boy , if u want to see how its going on try it ur self, if u ask for some of these forum warriors , u just get answer NO DONT TRY THIS ( since the more then half forum warriors fail and try put blame on Russians )

Feniksas likes this.
  17. grayMouser

grayMouser User

Well actually I would love to try it. If anyone can confirm me that the game still has 1x xp gain and 10% xp loss on death, (or if not what the exact numbers are), I am (might be) willing to pay 1 month subscription fee to test it out.

My issue is not just with this game, it's regarding mmorpgs in general.

18. Jadey

Jadey User

4% XP loss instead of 10%.

grayMouser likes this.
  19. Apophis

Apophis User

Go for it, as it's exactly what you are searching for, and as you said, with today's MMORPGs market, you will never find something similar to this. So if you are still searching for a hardcore experience, pay 10 bucks and jump in.

grayMouser likes this.
  20. tekos

tekos User

So you are afraid that this game-server might not me hard enough for you ?
    Try it ...it's so hardcore that you probably cant handle it after lvl 50-60 and will leave after u randomly drop your equipped weapon.