1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Merge/account transfer technically not possible"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iSpam, May 5, 2016.

1. iSpam

iSpam User

[​IMG]

Unless Skelth magically runs on completely different database than RU servers, a trained monkey can merge the databases using a couple of commands found through Google.

I'm not advocating the merge, just calling the bull*poop* here.

Norekien likes this.
  2. MazsNieks

MazsNieks User

Nice pic :21: yet no one care.

3. Iamq2

Iamq2 User

okay lets imagine the merge is done, I'm just wondering how are you intent to play w/o knowing ru lang on a merged server that is populated by 75% of...wow...russians? I mean you expect all of them to begin suddenly study english or what? Yep, a decent percent of ru-players know english a bit but it isn't enough to remove a total ingame miscommunication that is awaiting almost every single player from Skelth, especially solo players.

4. FuriousThug

FuriousThug User

Innova already said that there will be no merge, but keep discussing what will happen after... In 4th thread already. :Thumbsup:

Feniksas likes this.
  5. iSpam

iSpam User

6. Rolirolor

Rolirolor User

Yes, it's all about DEM DATABASES bro.

7. iSpam

iSpam User

a) you're an ******* who insults or mocks someone in about 85% of your posts
    b) yes, it is all about the database. There may be problems with translations or licenses, but "technically not possible" is still ********.

8. Micaelis

Micaelis User

This is a weird thing to bring attention to. If it's contractually not possible, who really cares if it's technically possible or not?

9. JimmyRockstar

JimmyRockstar User

About the language barrier.
    U will still have community from skelth to play, talk or trade.
    Its true that not everyone will follow if it happens, but most of them will.
    And to replace people who didnt follow u will have RU community ( those 20% out of 5000 who understand what does WTB, WTS, WTT, LFP mean or even more maybe).
    Its just a theory which looks OK at least for me.

And yeah u dont have to quote me and say its impossible because GM said that I saw everything and dont waste your time for retelling post I saw myself. ;)

10. iSpam

iSpam User

Nobody, really. But Amaratha gave that as an excuse for not merging. Probably to just get rid of the crybabies here, but it's still just an excuse, and i'm not taking it.

11. insolitumin

insolitumin User

You cry about Comedy here and other russians and you want to... Have more russians in server? What is wrong with you...

iSpam likes this.
  12. Vhailor

Vhailor User

Mmmh, the problem with Comedy is that ******* went on a "casual" EU server, where nobody could compete with him except for a few other russians. On a RU server, I believe there will be competition and politic because there will be other hardcore RU CP to contest his objectives. I m not interested in it because I wanted to play on a EU server but for those who still care about competition, it would be a good opportunity.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
    DzukuDievas likes this.
  13. Rolirolor

Rolirolor User

And you're a halfwit who doesn't know what he's talking about but who keeps pretending. Woohoo we're all making observations!

baraba likes this.
  14. iSpam

iSpam User

Of course I don't know what i'm talking about, that's why i pretend.
    Unless i've actually done it in the past, then i would know, and you would just look dumb.

15. Rolirolor

Rolirolor User

You actually think that toying with one of those half working private servers is the same as managing an official server.

My sides are in orbit.

16. iSpam

iSpam User

No, I think SQL is SQL and it makes zero difference whether you have legal license or not.

17. Yunalesca

Yunalesca User

IIRC polish community was also told thered be no merge and they still merged with Core eventually.

18. Orcoso

Orcoso User

The RU servers are sacred and they will not pollute the server with euro trash!

They will just close this down and be like "oh you paid for 5 month, well you just lost all that money and wasted all that time because your character and gear doesn't exist anymore!"

19. iSpam

iSpam User

No way. They will refund ... by replenishing your 4game account. ^^

20. FesterAdams

FesterAdams User

Yes sure they will do a merge...and piss off all their paying russian customers on a server that runs better than this one by far.