1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elemental Summoner - is it worth playing?

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by FuriousThug, May 7, 2016.

1. FuriousThug

FuriousThug User

Hey guys, I was wondering about Elemental Summoner on Classic as I think I didn`t saw any so far.

Does anyone has experience with it? How usefull he is in group? Can anyone write some short comment on that char? I would be grateful. :)

2. l2Toxica

l2Toxica User

Hello i m elemental summoner lvl 50+ so i think i can answer some of your questions.

In solo : i m playing as a nuker with an SE and it s working really good : Send pet attack => 1 aqua swirl ==> 1 solar spark = mob is dead or with 1 hp => if he is not dead pet will loose agro and the mob will be running to you ==> finish with an auto (buy some SS)

Your pet recharge your mana and when he is oom you can just summon an another one (after 40 summon cooldown is 5 sec ) = Unlimmited mana = exp without pauses (if you have an SE like me you can have unlimited mana even without this).
    Your cubic in solo on hp*1 mobs are not needed, i never use them : aqua is a dot => not needed because mobs die to fast and life cubic heal you and your pet but you wont take that much damage and you can use your heals

In small group : summoner is quite good because it have the luxury to do quite good damages and he have some supporting skills, if your group don t have healer ==> life cubic ( people gonna be like : wow the cubic heals a lot and often ! ) and if you are against mob with hp*2 or more aqua cubic become good ( the dot is really strong, similar to warcryer freezing flame and it proc a lot) .

In big group / CP : i never tried this so my view might be wrong but :
    i think the best cp for elemental summoner is aoe party but for now it s kinda bad, in classic merrow have a boost of m atk wich is cool (lvl 54 merrow have 545 m atk = Similar of what any mage will have at the same level with the top C staff +3 ) but the lack of beast blessed spirit shot make merrow's AOE quite weak . Maybe in 2.0 with pet SS it will be good ?

So i would say to summarise :

- Pros : Nuke with empower makes good damage (at least untill 60+) / unlimited mana even if you don t have a box (but it cost adenas : spirit ore to re-summon boxer every time he is oom) / Both cubics are cool ( aqua = good dmg // life = good heals and for everyone in your group) / You are kinda tanky with transfert pain ( at least not as squishy as a nuker ) / Cool in solo and in small groups

- Con : No pet SS => pet make low damage ( level 54 boxer with 900 p atk hit mobs for 200-250 ) but in 2.0 this will be no longer a pb
    : Bad in CP ==> would need to have blessed beast SS for merrow to aoe CP, Unicorn seraphin would be awsome to but we wont have it anytime soon ( maybe in 3.0 ? )
    : My playstyle might not work after a point, i know summoner are supposed to go melee ( that s what a lot of people told me at least ) but for now nuking is so good i don t see my self stopping any time soon

If you have more questions you can pm/mail me in game "Toxica

FuriousThug and SweetDreamZ like this.
  3. SweetDreamZ

SweetDreamZ User

Really liked reading your Post Toxica :D

But:

Lv54 merrow have 545 m atk = Similar of what any mage will have at the same level with the top C staff +3
    Do you mean 545 unbuffed or buffed ?
    Cause my Lv49 Spellhowler has 513 Matk being unbuffed :p

Sorry for being offtopic.

4. l2Toxica

l2Toxica User

haha thank you SweetdreamZ .
    I was speaking without buff of course but when i checked yesderday i had berserker spirit on me, so the real m atk of merrow ( lvl 54 ) without anybuff is 495.

5. FuriousThug

FuriousThug User

Thank you Toxica that was really helpfull! :)

6. Kabulozo

Kabulozo User

Summoner is only woth playing after getting the 3rd job summons. before that it is boring and unwanted in most parties because you have no buff summons (queen + seraphim = the only reason to put a summoner in party after level 56).

To make things worse, no pet shots in the current version.