1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am gonna break the internet for good, not Kardashian

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nimohoxi, May 25, 2016.

1. nimohoxi

nimohoxi User

I know with this post i am risking to end it like this:

[​IMG]

But still i think that this post is necessary.

Well i think i will start with my experience in this server. I was very excited when i saw that NCSoft released a classic version of the game, i was never a big fan from the chronicles past C5, even if people tell me that the old chronicles are not balanced at all, i prefer to play them than play the last ones where the game tries to catch some no L2 contents and where they like diversity in sets and things like that.
    So when i read that Innova opened a L2Classic RU i was very happy, but i was sad that they didnt allowed EU players there. Then it happened that Innova thought in opening an EU server and i was very excited with it, i was watching this forum everyday, trying to get old friends to come and play here and people from my country.

Innova announced the pre buys and i quickly bought 3months of it right in the first day.In the meantime i was playing in a private server that release a classic server, to get ready to this one. And then the release day that i started to playing when i got home after work, starting as a main WC or OL, because i really wanted to play support. I got a big group of brazilian and portuguese players to build CP's, but it happened that most of the people got tired of such slow pass, and gave up some before getting to level 20 some a little past lvl 20 and i joined with a 2 friend of mine with VDC that had brazilian CP's. It happened that one of their Archer CP party that i joined later was getting a good start wtih a good level and good gear early. I was never thinking about compete with anyone about being top dogs, but with them i thought we could achieve that.
    Feeling that we could fight with someone most of us ended up buying XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXX clickers to let our chars farm 24/7 or at least close to it. I didn't buy XXXXXXXXXXXXX because i didn't feel like i needed it, because we had one cleric in cp to be bishop and pre 40 cleric > orc shaman, so when i could not be online because between brazilians and portuguese we have a big difference in hours, or i would let my computer on all night just sitting on the floor or they would log in my char, still everyday while i was playing i would play from 9pm to 4/5am, when i get up everyday from monday to saturday at 7am to work until 8pm. I even would give up from my lunch hour to play 1 hour of it.
    As you can see it was very stressful for me, but i was willing to do it because i just love this game.Funny fact some days i literally fell to sleep over my keyboard.
    But the worst part comes when we started using the bot system, we just killed our CP, because everybody was just afking farming we lost enthusiasm in playing it and the CP broken, with my friends trying to sell their accounts with items and adena that we all gathered up, leaving me and another friend of mine with nothing, but feeling that they had it ready to leave me behind like that i hurried up trying to steal all the items they had to prevent them of leaving me with nothing, call me thief but the truth is i was about to get nothing from all the time used in the game.

The CP had ended and i was left alone, but an orc shamman is just a bad char to be wondering around, you can farm solo, no problem, but it gets boring as hell and most of the parties dont need an orc, because it has role that fills better in an organized CP. So i tried to build another 2 chars, 1 elven oracle and 1 archer dark elf to help me leveling up my orc. So i got in that stressful schedule, but then every single day i got a 50+ char called ROS ( the ROS incident ) that killed my chars everysingle day, and when someone killed him, he would get back again with with new items, and killing me over and over again, until i get a new spot where he would not kill me. But i was sad, that was not what i expected, spedning 30 euros every month to play the game because i could not get parties to farm my orc, and i was spending just days and days off without any objective. So i decided to silently retreat.

That was my experience, as you can see i too was responsible for destroying this server.

So where i wanna go? Simple, even if i left the game i still check GK and Skelth status everyday, because i can not leave it, somehow but i think we are all responsible for the point this server had come.

How? Simple, too , i will explain it by topics, like where this and that one failed, you will get the point.

- Innova: the admnistration failed when they invited the RU community to come here, because EU mentality is very different from RU, they are hardcore they play this like their personal life, we can't blame them, its a passion, and we have to accept it. But the EU community only wanted to revive old days by playing for 1h - 2h max, we can't blame them either life get though as long as get jobs, family, friends , and so on. So allow 2 so different communities to join in 1 server when you didn't allow EU to play in RU and taste that difference before, was an hard punch in the stomach of all of us. The successive new open days, and the real open day was disastrous, close to Christmas, and so on, we already talked about it. The quick announce for sieges date when the server was already with such a big gap between the community was already a very bad thought idea. They did a good jobs with bots, but the community echoes from a long time of CP's built from bought chars, you just need to search in forum about it and you will find it, but innova seemed to not get their fangs deep in this issue. Bad advertise of the server was another problem too. And in this topic i am off.

- RU community: when they left GK to seek challenge in the EU community it was a not very reasonable idea, knowing how low we are compared to your hardcore game mode how did you expect us to give you a good fight? Threats from us? Come on ! When a little kid in the street tells you that he is gonna kick your *** are you gonna go with him? Be reasonable, we must know that are fights that we can and we can not pick. I think looking at you and us the outcome was a priori result. Blaming us for not investing enough time to fight against you when you know that time is not by our side is not reasonable too, i am not criticizing your schedule of 17 hours of day playing, but you have to understand that not everyone has the same time, so the outcome was predictable. When we know that some of you did like my CP was doing to getting ahead, 24/7 possible? No, not at all so please at least dont try to throw sand against our eyes when some of you tell us that "i worked hard for it". Elders attitude against no ally players in the begging was the rope that they used to hang themselves, so that was a predictable outcome too. Taking this out, i have nothing against you.

-EU community: when you guys tried to pick a fight against RU you really didnt know what you were doing, and the result is here in forums. Some of you don't recognize that in most of your complains, and you are right in some of them, others are just completly whims, not understanding that Innova can not remove things that change the gameplay because they are just a DISTRIBUTOR and not the PRODUCTION TEAM, so if they want to change anything about the gameplay they have to ask to NCSOFT to allow it. Not understanding that not having the same time to play than RU, can not aloow you to get the same items in a grind game, and you can not expect that Comedy must give you for free something that they conquered, it doesn't make sense and it would miss even more of the truth behind about this server. They got it, your role is to take it back. I understand some of you are angry, because money is not free to buy subscription, you have a real life, i understand, but you can not fire to everything that moves in forum, you even are being rude to Fragola, that only wanted to help this server to grow, since Innova was not very interested in it, maybe most of you are more experienced than Fragola, but come on at least she is trying to do something, even if they were completly stomped by Comedy. So please focus your anger to the game not to people that have nothing to do with it. One last thing please, dont tell me now that the EU community never cheated, some of you maybe logged in your char in XXXXXXXXXXXX or even you bought that 10k to buy something, when you did something like this you already let the cheating side of the server win. Don't play victim, we all know that someone in EU community did it and we shut up. You reven complained about this being too hard, with drop rate in death to moobs, mage being OP, stun ****, taking too much to getting something. HELLO ! when i started to playing in 10x private servers i never got so many full drops like i did here, the xp curve is not something out of this world, drop rate to moobs always existed, mages were always OP, and let me remind you OLD SLEEP SYSTEM WAS REALLY OP, where you just needed to be flagged and bye bye. So, it could be worse for a classic chronicle right?

- All people: L2 is a more than 10 years game, so the game doesn't bring nothing completly new and the well organized parties know how to explore the game from side to side, so understand this, unfortunately the game was always made to be ruled by organized people, and when you started boxing you just dealt the final punch in the server.

So please remind i left a long time ago, so i am not taking sides, i know that most people are not gonna be happy with me, call me cheater, thief, liar, hypocrite, *****, i can be all of it but for me this is my opinion and i am not gonna change it. If you guys wanna play classic but chilling out, not competing in this savege server, i have one suggestion but as you can understand i am not allowed to tell you.

Have a good night everyone!

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  2. Ceausheasca

Ceausheasca User

holy **** wall of batman text !

3. nimohoxi

nimohoxi User

Sorry for the long post but i had to write some of these thoughts for a long time

4. iSpam

iSpam User

Well, at least some people here who can put two and two together instead of blaming everyone else.

5. Thrall

Thrall User

You should come and get it back. They can't hold it for ever.

6. Kabulozo

Kabulozo User

Good read anyway. All you wrote is just similar with my thoughts that the game requires a playstyle that does not fit the west anymore. Russians can handle this well building organized cps with the right classes for each in slot order to obtain the most efficient work in both pve and pvp scenarios.

otherwise you will never exist in the game nor will have much chances outside of organized cps.

7. MazsNieks

MazsNieks User

gj for post.. but when you left you admitted your defeat. so no point in doing this post.:027:

8. lShark

lShark User

This argument is so..... Do you really think RUs are more capable of being organized than Germans for example? Dude wake up, it is only about time in-game and life priorities. It is hard to keep CPs when people only have a 2-3h window, in irregular days, with most of the time not overlapping at all. It is easier to keep a CP when the members can no-life/bot 16h per day. So yeah that is why this doesn't work for westerns, and not because RUs are more organized

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  9. Jadey

Jadey User

Well, look at the drama between Kohorta and DT in other post, Elders and rest before, smth about UFG also before...Making your people to stick together is also part of organization. What can you even dream of if you have inner drama in ally? Also having 1 leader instead of many of some small clans makes it easier to controll.
    And from inside - Russians listen to orders while EU always want to do smth on their own ( I've been in both RU and EU parties). Even in MadPro on epics, sieges most of the random stuff is done by EU parties (my own included). Maybe it goes down to mentality - EU people are used to freedom, feeling special and individualy important, while RU are based on hierarchy (You don't see RU casuals complaining about their status in game on their servers).
    And it's not so hard to keep a CP with such online, I myself have been in several in my time that had 4h prime, and lasted for long enough. You just need to get the right people that have the same play time and goals.

10. Apophis

Apophis User

All these nonsense talks about Russian ... how many RU cps are 60+?

11. Ceausheasca

Ceausheasca User

Being a "grunt" in a nicely organized clan with 1 leader that everyone listens to .. oh .. its da dream for me !! Still , one of the problems of this server is: if ppl dont get along with vdc/ufg/blabla they dont make their own stuff/ally/side. They just join MadPro. If u think about it , it will only go worse. The winning/owning side only gets bigger , their enemies only get weaker/fewer. Thats just my opinion btw . I mean im a ****in spoiler lvl`ing up and spoiling mats for future gear, but if some1 asks me (and some ppl did) who will i join , my answer will always be "NOT Madpro". What would be the point ...?

12. lShark

lShark User

Well you also got a point there, although Elder's end was easy to predict since they were ***** to "non-factor" players from the start ^^ Anyway we just hit a new pop low, I'm not seeing this getting better.
    May 26, 2016
    Hats off to you dude :)

13. Ohforf

Ohforf User

Yeah, this is the reason why the world is not black and white. You see: We don't have to listen to anyone. If we don't show up, we might lose on some share of drops or whatever, and of course if we are completely useless we will get kicked, but we don't really have to do anything Comedy asks.
    Yes, he asks, politely even.
    But having an experienced leader, someone you trust to make the right decision for the alliance (call it RMT machine if you want), it kinda makes you want to do it. It is said that even bad decision is much better than no decision. And it's the same with following orders. Even mediocre tactical decision, when well executed, can eventually be successful, but even the most brilliant plan will fail, if people hesitate to execute it.

It's the same thing all along. Comedy's party shows up, and you guys just turn around and run. Yes, they are high level, yes, they will most likely one-shot most of you. Yes, you may lose some XP. Yes, conventional tactics won't work. Ok.
    But how about unconventional? They are one party. All you need to kill one of them, even with high level bishop on his back, is ~5 necros with low HP and a little crowd to hide them in.

/target k0lb
    /target reinn
    /target onedayyoumay

Yes, it is easier said than done. That's why you need good leader and perfect discipline. Just put aside your egos for two hours once every two weeks. You can settle scores after the sieges.

I hate to be pushed around. I really do. I wouldn't even follow Comedy if he was ordering me around, or enforcing discipline by threats. But sometimes it is beneficial, even for me, to shut up and do what needs to be done. And it works.

Apophis and Jadey like this.
  14. !KniX

!KniX User

Nice B.S. mr Unknown, riding the Comedy wave. You should go and be OJ Simpsons lawyer. Bet u also own a tinfoil hat.

real Kvo likes this.
  15. Jadey

Jadey User

Have you ever been to any event under MadPro command? I'm not sure about the part where this guy gave advice of how to play against them, but for sure - the events are lead in a very organized and strong manner, which i had never seen before in any clan i have been a part of (both Russian and International), really. That's what worker for me, since day 1 on this server.

16. !KniX

!KniX User

Yeah.. no. MadPros organization may be the best you've ever experienced but its far from a factor to what makes the opposition weak.

17. Jadey

Jadey User

Obviously it doesn't make opposition weak, but it does make you want to stick with them, after playing for so many years in clans where grouping is chaos, lasts for ever, CL yelling at people, inner drama is nothing uncommon , etc.

As a person very close to me once said: "Doesn't matter what are their motives. I like to play in this clan just because of how things are handled."

18. !KniX

!KniX User

I'm pretty sure nobody is questioning the organization skills of any russian lineage 2 clan leader, ever. I've said it before and I'm saying it again; Opposition failed bcuz of internal conflict between specific players. There were people that just did not want to see other people succeed - no matter the cost.

The opposition tried to build something on shaky grounds. It was shaky from the start. Example; elders were leaving the server long before the UFG alliance with them ever existed. Tribunal and Elders were friends in the beginning, by the first siege they attacked eachother. By then there was nothing to fight madpro, at this point everyone with a madpro tag felt like they made a difference. No, sorry to break it for you but the actual winning was done by internal conflicts.

What pissed me off is a random, newly created account, tells other people what to do to fix things... its just pathetic. Especially if they had nothing to do with the actual "winning". ******* peon.

19. Jadey

Jadey User

Yeah, true...If not for the unnecessary drama, things might be absolutely different right now.
    Oh, and there are many not so well organized Clan leaders even in RU community. I've encountered more than a few :D

20. Ohforf

Ohforf User

Just because an account shows 1 post doesn't mean i'm new here.

I have fought on both sides, so let me assure you that i know what your actual biggest problem is. I also fight against 70+ chars with my 55 toon daily, so i know a thing or two about that too. I didn't say it's easy, I said there is a way - if you work together to achieve goals that benefit you all and if you actually try.

Madpro is losing people every day, everyone else is gaining levels and numbers. It's only a matter of time.
    The question is whether you wanna be part of the group that eventually made it happen, or the group that only cried about it on forum.

SweetDreamZ likes this.