1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions to revive server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CaptainAndy, May 27, 2016.

1. CaptainAndy

CaptainAndy User

This is probably a total waste of time but perhaps we should give Innova some suggestions about how to encourage players back.

1. Ban MadPro RMT parties.
    2. Free subscription for a month or two.
    3. Remove PK and Bsoe scrolls

All suggestions welcome.

2. FuriousThug

FuriousThug User

3. Apophis

Apophis User

You still believe in Santa ?

4. CaptainAndy

CaptainAndy User

You one ugly ****.
    May 27, 2016
    Do you still believe you daddy is your real daddy?

5. !KniX

!KniX User

Its not your fault, this has been suggested before but the moderators keep incisting on moving the threads to dungeons which nobody, except gollum, visits. Here's what I wrote: https://4gameforum.com/threads/573922/

Here's the answer to what I proposed, by innova forum staff: https://4gameforum.com/threads/573922/page-2#post-8337811

Conclusion; find another game. Or! Play on one of the russian servers - everything can be translated to english except the NPC-dialogues.

6. SweetDreamZ

SweetDreamZ User

shizzle never getting old i guess >_<

Zstar likes this.
  7. Norz!

Norz! User

You can't "revive" a Lineage2 server. Not in 2016 anyway.

It was obvious from the minute they announced that there'll be only enough population for one server that Skelth wouldn't be in good shape for more than 6-12 months. And that's rather optimistic, one could say it was doomed the minute NCSoft prevented the NA/SA based players (or 95% of them anyway) to play here.

Again - because I've said it pretty much a year ago - whether we like it or not, the only way to make this project viable is F2P. Not necessarily P2W, but F2P. For many, many reasons that have been discussed ad nauseam last summer. I remember people quoting my post, basically saying "Sorry bro, F2P sucks, I rather have it P2P or no server". Well, from what I can see these days from far - as Ive left a long time ago - it's already virtually no server.

Lineage2 isn't "P2P friendly" in a 2016 environment. Even less so if you split the market between RU/EU/NA. It's a fact. And if you add on the top of it all the terrible decisions Innova made...

Anyway, Innova pretty much stopped to communicate/work around this forum/community around the time they announced there'll be only one server. They - along with some of us - understood a very long time ago that this server would only be a quick cash grab.

Sucks, but it is what it is.

Jojo44k and real Kvo like this.
  8. Kabulozo

Kabulozo User

I don't see any company bringing P2P MMO to the west anymore, unfortunately F2P/B2P(depending on who manages the game it means P2W) is the norm in west.

Mainly is you consider boxed accs as mandatory in this game, so instead of paying only 10 bucks you need to pay 20-30+ bucks to have your supports because live supports will always be rare.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  9. ★Bad★

★Bad★ User

In this case too much bots will appear. Half price will be good.

10. Mast3rplan

Mast3rplan User

It' probably true that there is nothing to do to revive a l2 server in 2016,with hundreds of privates with better population of this one,other games,etc.

But still this server had numbers in the beginning and it was P2P also there,so the F2P is only a warm welcome to hundreds of bots.
    If you can't pay 8 euros in a month but you plan to stay hours playing a videogame i think there's something wrong,but not in the price.
    Now probably is more that people dont want to pay to stay here,and it is obvious,low population even before summer,people 70+ with a hard exp curve,who could join this now?
    Since people was here when there were more bots than now,more RMT shouts than now,and now server is owned by mobs,the main reason for the death of Skelth is when people that played a lot saw other people that had 20+ lvls more than them.
    And beyond all EULA or rules,there is something wrong in this in a chronicle where lvl is > everything.
    Since it's not possible to revive this,i dont see any other option than a fresh new start,opening another one even if the idea of starting again is a nightmare,but avoiding the possibility that same situation can occur plus a bot-hunting from the beginning and not after weeks.
    If we look at the rankings we see that the problem is not so extended,there is mainly one clan and its sold chars.
    It's said to say,but maybe allow NA/SA and not allow RU,they have 2 RU server and Skelth.
    They will try anyway as some NA play now,so just ban them,would not be so hard to recognize them i think.
    Or any other solution you could think to avoid that people that is making business could make this to a server.

11. SweetDreamZ

SweetDreamZ User

you dont have to pay for multiple accounds. just find the players who play the class you need and may be theres possability for you to box them when they are not online.
    So they gain xp while not being online and you have free access to buffer for example without having to pay for it.

12. Norekien

Norekien User

You can't allow NA/SA to play in here, if you do so, NCSoft will sue Innova... Maybe they even risk the license and lose it...
    Allow NA/SA players Innova please.

real Kvo likes this.
  13. piotress

piotress User

NA and SA people are already playing here, I am one of them and I live in the USA plus I know several other that are here playing.

14. Norekien

Norekien User

That you're doing it it doesnt mean that it's legal or you're allowed to do so, same as some people bot.

15. Norz!

Norz! User

In terms of incentive to play, do you realize the difference between "P2P + have to get a VPN + there is a SLIGHT chance you could get banned" vs "F2P, feel free to join".

You can bet that for every NA/SA players that joined, there are 10 that were interested but didn't come because not everyone want to/can setup a VPN, feel comfortable knowing they could possibly get banned (unlikely but still) etc.

This project is a failure because everyone ****** up: NCSoft, Innova, Russians RMT professionnals and the European players that can't deal with real hardcore anymore in 2016.

Truth is, this project didn't have much going for itself after everyone failed to deilver.

nimohoxi likes this.
  16. Norekien

Norekien User

Retard server.JPG
    Absolutly no one interested in playing in the server any longer, just peaks on sieges.

17. Flear

Flear User

False alot of new clan are growing up , and we have alot of cp around 52 60 who grind and continue play. Its summer and vacation for alot of player , they still play they just play less for the summer.
    Near september october people will augment their playtime for winter. And we have enought people for have fun in war etc.. U just have to make the fun if u want it. Make ur clan declar war to other near ur lv and have fun.

18. Norekien

Norekien User

Not here yet summer is, young padawan, you will notice when that time comes, and after the hot summer the cold winter in a closed server will come

19. Norz!

Norz! User

It's not "false", numbers don't lie.

Also, in what country do you start your summer holydays in may ? Wish I had that back in my day!

20. Vetrie

Vetrie User

You guys still whining about population? Get over it already. Server is still worth to play and enjoyable experience

Feniksas and SweetDreamZ like this.