1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Suggestion] Some changes in the server to keep it alive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pringo, Jun 3, 2016.

?

Do you agree?

1. Yes

47 vote(s)
    63.5%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    24.3%
  3. I only came for flame because im idiot and i don't play anymore

9 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. Pringo

Pringo User

Well, here it comes another post about "How to keep server alive". I will really appretiate if the staff takes this thread really serious, because the current server situation is not good.

Facts:

- We have an average of 500 suscribers online. (with boxes, stores, bots)
    - People has left the game for various reasons (too much hardcore, crazy exp curve, etc...)
    - Situation won't change with the update if we dont make some changes.

Suggestions:

- Remove suscription, make game free to play.
    - Allow 1 account/ip only.
    - Add premium account (5€/month). Premium account = you can open 1 box, so you can open as many boxes as you want but you have to pay for every aditional box.
    - Add L2store (yes, cry me a river, but you all who left, left because of the exp curve and nothing more QQ). In L2store add: XP rune 50%, 100% (so you can go up to 150%). Add hair items and other stuff. DON'T YOU NEVER ADD EPICS, WEAPONS, ENCHANTS, ETC... NO EVENTS LIKE CORE SERVER.

With this setup, you can be sure that server population will increase, Income will increase (trust me, a lot of money are going to players who sell pwlvl/adena, etc...) all this money can go to Innova by selling XP runes, if we all want to be Hypocryte and say that this will "ruin de server", believe that the way to go is this and no other, server has no population, people who play spend thousands of money in characters and items, etc...

Lineage 2 Classic was made and tought to have an L2 Store with XP runes, that's the reason the xp curve it's bigger than in C1-C4, but Innova removed it for russian version, because russian people asked for it (they can manage without XP rune, but in EU we can't, accept it).

Please avoid to flame in this forum, and @CM Amarantha, i hope we can have some answer from staff because there are still people really interested in keep this server alive and continue playing.

Bye

2. Arturas

Arturas User

facepalm

3. Vhailor

Vhailor User

No, players quit because L2 is a boring game in itself. The main interest, if not only interest, of this game is the conflict between clans towards Epic/Castles/RB/Xp spot leading to politics and objective contest. That is denied because a damn RU CP locked everything so besides pexing like a robot, there is nothing left for EU clan and not talking about the small or casual clan that will never have a say on what happen on this serveur. *******s keeps saying people quits as if they were coward but the truth is the server is just boring thanks captain nofunonlybusiness.

oldmofo, KSERW, !KniX and 1 other person like this.
  4. Carpet HQ

Carpet HQ User

@Pringo
    You had me till the l2store part. The moment I'll see this, is the moment i will uninstall the game personally.
    Also I haven't seen many official servers going free2p. Maybe lower sub price (GK's is 5eu) is more likely to happen.

5. Chlastacz

Chlastacz User

Voted no. For me it's Marketing, invite a buddy program etc., events, events, events ! (then u can obtain XP runes and other but they should be non tradable). Shop ONLY for cosmetics if any shop. No F2P.

intox25 likes this.
  6. FuriousThug

FuriousThug User

Could you people stop being ******* PROBLEM ORIENTED and convert your way of thinking to SOLUTION ORIENTED?

Noone is interested in your opinion WHY do you THINK server situation is bad. We all know its bad. Stop ******* flaming everywhere about it.

If you are seriously interested in this server, you want it to be alive and improve - channel your energy into a discussion about FUTURE, like Pringo is just trying, instead of typing 20th post about how Russians and Innova destroyed everything. All been said here. Nothing new to add.

7. Avatar69

People are leaving because they have no one to play with in the first place. Anyone without a box is extremely held back because there are no groups for them. CP's ruined that part

I do like the buddy program that Chlastacz suggested, events like the pumpkins with chronos, xmas events were among the best i've seen.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    real Kvo likes this.
  8. Pringo

Pringo User

Well, i dont like l2sotre, i think nobody like it, but we have to ask for realistic things, this is not a charity organization, this is a company and they have to look for profit. I don't think freetoplay without store will give too much profit, and l2store with xp runes isn't that bad.. you have currently a lot of people buying characters (high level), and paying pwlevel to be boosted... the only diference it's to make it "legit" and take profit from it, as rewards you get a F2P game with higher population.

(Maybe they can survive with premium account only, i don't know).

kylie and FuriousThug like this.
  9. FuriousThug

FuriousThug User

+1

we all don't like the idea of ingame shop, but mainly because of weapon / epic / enchants u can buy there making game p2w.

If there will be only xp runes and f2p system. I think its good idea. Casual / new players will be benefited with that way more than cps that already are 65+ and have castle scrolls anyway...

10. Pringo

Pringo User

This won't increase population, this is for keeping existing ones happy and doing stuff, but what we need there is a BIG CHANGE, and double server population, i think 1,5k average is needed for classic, and i don't think that events will give us that.

11. EETFUK

EETFUK User

If any of the suggested things happen Im our for good. Thats stupidity at its finest!

12. Sweex

Sweex User

Innova can't do these things because they'd need approval from korea and they'll never get it.

Thought you knew that already? You can close this thread

13. Avatar69

It's going to be hard to do that with the summer just around the corner. Saviors patch might get some returning players. The only way I can see new players joining is by marketing. Exp boost lvl 1-40 only 1 month announced before it actually happens + adds on game websites, etc. Last exp event was announced a few days (or hours) before it actually happened and even that 'event' didn't do much for population.

14. FuriousThug

FuriousThug User

I assume you have an explanation why is it stupid? Can you share with us your opinion?

15. Pringo

Pringo User

You are wrong. Ingame features that need to be change from source core are hard to change, because they need developers to do that just for EU distribution. Other stuff like this is not needed, and im pretty sure that add l2sotre won't be hard if they ask developers to add it in saviors update, because that feature already exists.

16. EETFUK

EETFUK User

Making the server f2p is stupid cause it lowers the quality of players. We don`t have quality players as it is now.
    You can`t stop bots. Bots now have to pay something atleast.
    How in 2016 will you limit me to only 1 acc ... you can`t.
    The idea of making paying users have advantage (no matter how little) is disgusting enough to throw me away.

17. Vhailor

Vhailor User

No, smartboy, because if you do the wrong diagnosis, you just spurt **** solutions that miss the damn target! You don't like it? Move on.

By the way, F2P and store is the moment I also stop for good.

18. Pringo

Pringo User

I will explain it to you again.

Current situation:

You pay 30€, you have 1 account + 2 boxes. (for botting you need boxes, remember this). So if you want to play with boxes or bot you have to pay 30€ for 3 accounts.

My suggestion:

You create 3 accounts for free, you want to open it at same time, so i have to pay premium account, 15€ in total, (so botter have to pay too).

And here it comes the advantage, im casual and i don't want to play, i will go with 1 client, and search with party finder for other casuals that are going with only 1 client too. It means extra population.

And what about the Income for Innova? They sell you hats and other stuff, they sell XP runes, and they will earn a lot more of money than with suscriptions beacause all EU will pay for it, and you know it. (this is disgusting? yes it is, but it's more disgusting dead server, with no action, and dead market).

19. EETFUK

EETFUK User

I wrote it in another thread. If there isn`t another option that doesn`t mean this one is good. ;) As I said too there if I wanted to play a f2p with p2w model I would`ve played private servers. There are plenty of them too.
    Population won`t come here cause its f2p but cause the server is good. making something free doesn`t fix its problems and trust me there are alot of them and noone is doing anything about them !

20. Pringo

Pringo User

There are 1 spanish private classic with triple population than this, and the classic club has a lot more too. Free to play is not the most liked, but it's the only choice atm (from my pov), and i dont think accesorys and xp runes are p2w, If you dont see that i can Buy a lvl 70 archer with Full gears in 2 minutes and smash on you 24/7 (Apex style), maybe you should look at server situation before saying that my suggestion will ruin server because of p2w, when server is almost dead and p2w already exist more than never.