1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About new agreement

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Patri, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patri

Patri User

hi, would like to know how the following part will afect to users that are not located in the already mentioned countries.
    as far as i know this rule was already seted in the actually user agreement:
    my doubt comes after listened the rumor that people not located in the before mentioned countries wont be able to play on core servers, and would like to know a litle bit more about this part.

2. DeepBlue

DeepBlue Head Moderator (EU) Head moderator

this does not mean that people outside of the "territory" can not access or play on our servers, we do not block ip's for instance. it basically means that anyone outside of the territories have no rights to "demand" anything from the services should they not be functioning fully or to the best standard. for example, if someone outside of the territory is experiencing high lag problems then we are not liable for making more efficient routing etc to countries such as the us or australia and the likes. it works in a similar way that if you play the game on unsupported operating systems then we are not liable to offer support should those systems cause any gaming difficulties. hope that clarifies a little more for you.

another way to look at it is, we offer a service to people within the territory, anyone outside of the territory play at their own risk of experiencing any issues with running the game and/or accessing certain services.

regards.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2013
  3. Pr0t0n

Pr0t0n User

3.2. this license shall be restricted to the territory of albania, andorra, austria, belgium, bosnia and herzegovina, bulgaria, croatia, cyprus, czech republic, denmark, estonia, finland, france, germany, greece, hungary, iceland, ireland, italy, latvia, liechtenstein, lithuania, luxembourg, republic of macedonia, malta, monaco, montenegro, netherlands, norway, poland, portugal, romania, san marino, serbia, slovakia, slovenia, spain, sweden, switzerland, turkey, united kingdom, vatican city. the client may not be used outside the above territory.

what about this?

ps: it's nice to know that the pope can come to play if he wishes...

4. Sergei

Sergei User

i dunno about what's in the agreement, i never bother to read it, however what i do know is that there are to many buttons to click till i enter the game. i mean rly: 1- click the desktop icon to start the browser; 2- click the play button on the browser; 3- click on the agreement (thats a new one); 4- click on the task bar to show the account permision window for frost; 5- click yes in that window; 6- click accept in the ingame agreement; 7- one more click to the server select window; 8- select char and finally start. its getting ridiculous.

5. DeepBlue

the question has been answered already and since when is the pope not included in the territory? he lives in the vatican which is in rome which is in italy which is included in the territory anyway :cool:

6. Patri

Patri User

thanks for the answer deepblue, i guess so many people cleared already with this :)

7. DeepBlue

you are welcome :)

8. Pr0t0n

Pr0t0n User

well deepblue the first points that patri posted were about the services, while the one i posted 3.2 clearly states that the client can't be used out of the designed territories, that's why i asked, is this a typo or u really can't play out of those territories?

9. Ronove

Ronove User

what deepblue is implying, without saying it explicitly is that:

the provision is there, but basically, innova won't do anything about it, unless/until they change their mind and then decide to want to do something about it. :d

e.g,

8.2. no failure of innova to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision and shall deny innova the right to take the appropriate actions aimed at the protection of its rights later or be deemed as innova’s waiver of its rights in case of any similar or equal breaches in future.

10. DeepBlue

and again as i already answered:

@ronove: it is not about innova changing their minds or deciding to or not to do anything about it. we are licensed to provide services for this territory and ru, in the same way ncwest are licensed to provide services for their territory and no other, neither company block ip's for countries outside of our respective territories but neither are we held liable for any features/services not functioning or being available for anyone outside of our respective territories.

11. Pr0t0n

Pr0t0n User

yes that's fair, i thought she misread and thought i posted the same thing as patri

yes but ronove is right if someone out of those territories plays here he breaches the ruler agreement
    so if u don't intend to prevent this people to play here this paragraph should be changed no?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
  12. Ronove

Ronove User

you underestimate our intelligence or our ability to read and understand english...
    using client out of those territories is a breach of the agreement, this is stated in the agreement explicitly... that innova isn't obliged to provide support or obliged to enforce all sections of the agreement, that is something else entirely. thanks for the clarification, but when it is written "x", it's aggravating for someone to try to make us believe it in fact is written "y" :d

obviously it'd be stupid to block ip ranges out of these territories, it'd be a net loss in terms of l2 players!

13. DeepBlue

actually all i said is that currently anyone from any country no matter the territory can access the game and play it as we do not block ip ranges, i also said that they play in this territory at their own risk, they will most likely experience issues with the running of the game and/or accessing certain services and innova are not liable for anything should those users wish to complain/demand fixes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.